Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #21
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Cindy and I wont be joining you guys on this one but will see everyone at Jackson in October. Have a great trip.

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
who wants to join us???

oh my god dee, that puppy is toooo cute. can't wait to meet him at gurnsey.

So i went ahead and reserved the 7 spot group camp at gurnsey because that way we are guaranteed to be next to each other. I dropped an email to eagle's nest telling them we have 7 rigs coming. waiting for a reply.

i am really starting to get excited about trying out the cararally format. it will be fun to drive together for the beautiful road trip to the lava beds. also looking forward to trying out boondocking at gurnsey. this will be fun.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee View Post
oh my god dee, that puppy is toooo cute. can't wait to meet him at gurnsey.

So i went ahead and reserved the 7 spot group camp at gurnsey because that way we are guaranteed to be next to each other. I dropped an email to eagle's nest telling them we have 7 rigs coming. waiting for a reply.

i am really starting to get excited about trying out the cararally format. it will be fun to drive together for the beautiful road trip to the lava beds. also looking forward to trying out boondocking at gurnsey. this will be fun.
Hi Dan,

We named the puppy Bailey, cuz he is cream-colored....and, Bailey's Irish Cream came to mind! Bailey will be with us....hopefully, by then, he will be sleeping later than 6:00-6:30am (yes, it's like having a baby in the house). He already has a crate set up in the Airstream where the dinette is....er, used to be. He loves going in the trailer with Paul and make himself at home!

We boondock most of the time, mainly using solar panels....do you have a generator? We will have ours along, so we can charge you up, if need be. The biggest challenge for us is trying not to fill up the gray water tank....we can usually go for ~10 days. These trailers were made for boondocking And, you have seen how we boondock

Thanks for reserving the group spot at Gurnsey....if you want us all to shoot some $$ your way, please let us know! And, let us know if Eagle's Nest wants individual reservations....

Cheers

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 05-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #24
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We're still thinking about joining you, though not traveling together (is that what a cararally is?). We're in the midst of a trip and are in northern Minnesota now, so someday we'll make up our minds.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
hi gene,

it would be fabulous to meet you at lassen or lava beds, whatever one you can make. cararally means we have 2 rally spots and we travel between the two as a caravan. both places are so cool and close that it's natural to combine them together. hope to see you in august. enjoy your trip in minnesota.

Come rally with us.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I just completed installing new axles on the Trade Wind. I thought the old ones would be ok for another year but the ride on I-80 at the Fairfield area kinda tossed our things around in the coach. NOW we're ready for Lava Bed travel. After the rally maybe Dee, Coastal View and us can cararally back down to the south. We are going to Carmel for the weekend after Lava Beds.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
that's great news about your axles neil! sounds like a lot of work though. glad your all done now.

so i have been in contact with barbara at eagles nest rv park. she is setting aside at least 7 sites for us.

now that june is here, i am getting excited for the cararally!

Come rally with us.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
We are thinking of driving north to Lassen via 395 like we did back in the eighties. I don't remember if the route, particularly through Lassen, is tow friendly. Anyone know. Anyone want to travel with us?
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
neil,

i have taken 395 up there many times. it's one of my favorite routes! it is tow friendly but take the suzanville cutoff to alturas. it takes longer than i5 though much more beautiful of course. i am not sure of my exact route yet, but i would love to plan something out. i was thinking of staying at pioneer rv park in quincy on monday and tuesday before arriving at gurnsey creek on wednesday. i love quincy and this looks like a nice park. maybe we could meet up in quincy and caravan to gurnsey creek, neil? sounds like fun. anybody else want to start the cararally 2 days earlier?

Come rally with us.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
OK, I have to say it, We aren't going to be able to make this cararally after all. We're on the maybe list and I was just informed at work that I have another project starting August 3rd. Bummer, This part of California is our favorite area!
We will see you all in Jackson in October
Happy trails, Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
hey jeff,

bummer but it's good to know that there are projects starting again. all the projects in downtown san jose are on hold by developers. i'll see you next to me in jackson.

Come rally with us.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
Springfield , Oregon
The Pioneer RV Park has the hook-ups placed in the middle of the site. I need extensions for all hook-ups to reach the airstream connections by the bumper on my vintage, at least if I want to stay hooked up.
I always stop at the food co-op in Quincy, usually with the airstream in tow. They have a great bakery selection. I've been lucky to find parking along the side street west of the co-op.
My airstream does fine on Hwy 89 from Truckee to hwy 36 and Lake Almanor. I also like towing on the feather river highway, hwy 70, from Oroville.
It looks like I will not be able to get to Lava Beds NM. I'm keeping it in mind, though, just in case. I may be at Medicine Lake prior to that weekend.
Anita
Air 6530
coastal me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
hey anita!

would be great to see you again at lava beds. thanks for the report on pioneer rv park. besides the hookups, is it a nice park? also thinking of shingle town/ lassen koa. it seems to be highly rated. have you been there?

dan

Come rally with us.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
hello out there

so i have settled on my route. i am leaving san jose on saturday 8/1 and heading to red bluff to the fancy durango rv resort. then on sunday i am headed to shingle town/lassen koa. its highly rated. i guess i'll stay there 3 nights then to gurnsey creek on wednesday. so that's my plan if anybody wants to join me.

Come rally with us.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Sounds great to me. I'll join you. Have you made reservations yet?
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Lynn and I still haven't decided on our route yet. After Lava Beds we have to high-tail it to Carmel for the Concours at Pebble Beach. No....we are not showing our rig at the golf course but we will be volunteer hosts invited by our daughter's inlaws. Should be fun. We have been asked to tow the trailer and park in their tiny (that'll be interesting) driveway in Carmel for additional accomodations. I'll let you know if we will join you early. We got another camping trip before then too!!
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 07-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Paul and I and our lab pup, Bailey, are currently up in Redmond/Issaquah WA, visiting our son, Kevin. We will try to join you at the Lassen KOA, if possible!

We have sure enjoyed camping in the Oregon State Parks...even met some Airstreamers in one spot!

Cheers, Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 07-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road View Post
Sounds great to me. I'll join you. Have you made reservations yet?
hey that's great cam! this is going to be a fun trip thats for sure. as far as rezzies, durango rv resort is huge and i don't think we need to make any. but the lassen koa is small so we probably should make some. i'll call monday to get some more info. mmm....now i am really excited to go.

i have gone back to the charcoal weber so i will be competing with your egg a little better now. haha

Come rally with us.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Lynn and I still haven't decided on our route yet. After Lava Beds we have to high-tail it to Carmel for the Concours at Pebble Beach. No....we are not showing our rig at the golf course but we will be volunteer hosts invited by our daughter's inlaws. Should be fun. We have been asked to tow the trailer and park in their tiny (that'll be interesting) driveway in Carmel for additional accomodations. I'll let you know if we will join you early. We got another camping trip before then too!!
Neil.
neil,
sure glad you guys are joining us even though you are so busy. i am really looking forward to it now. i think your car should be included in the concours show with the airstream too. whats wrong with those people???

if you can't join us at lassen koa then we will see you at gurnsey creek at the small group area loop. ready to boondock?

Come rally with us.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5 View Post
Paul and I and our lab pup, Bailey, are currently up in Redmond/Issaquah WA, visiting our son, Kevin. We will try to join you at the Lassen KOA, if possible!

We have sure enjoyed camping in the Oregon State Parks...even met some Airstreamers in one spot!

Cheers, Dee
dee,
i bet that puppy is pretty big boy now. can't wait to meet him. i know about those oregon state parks. i have spent many summers in oregon and decided its my favorite camping state by far. its just awesome to have secluded, private sites with hookups in the state parks. enjoy your trip and see you at gurnsey if not earlier.

Come rally with us.