Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2004, 08:24 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
Can't believe I missed this thread until now. Goes to show how busy I've been this season, taking photos at various tracks in California and Nevada (including Laguna Seca). The timing of this rally is perfect for me, as I'm leaving California on Nov. 3 to move home to Austin, TX. I'll talk my wife into joining me at this rally unless she gets transferred before then.

And I must apologize in advance for the condition of my '65 Overlander. I promise to restore it after I get to Texas.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:18 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Photobitstream,

Hey, that's great that the timing of the rally works for you. What a great way to end your stay in Calif and at Laguna Seca no less! This is a "relaxation" rally, so come relax with us. Sounds like you need a break.

If you would like to get a confirmed reservation with me, than I can guarantee a site next to all of us. But if you can't make plans till the last minute, I am pretty confident there will be open sites in one of the loops for late comers. Definitely hope to see you and your wife there.

I am getting more excited by the day!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
I'll send payment via PayPal next week. Gotta get some more money in my PayPal account first. See y'all there. I'll have good cigars and whiskey with me, just in case anyone is interested in partaking. Might even break out the camera gear and snap a few photos.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Did I hear "good cigars and whiskey?" Next to a warm fire on a dark Halloween night? Oh boy!!!!

Come rally with us.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:29 AM   #65
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Trick or Treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Did I hear "good cigars and whiskey?" Next to a warm fire on a dark Halloween night? Oh boy!!!!
Good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids; good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids; good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids; good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids
Decisions, decisions!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Uwe,

I know it's a long drive, but if you leave early on Sunday, you could be home in time for trick-or-treating. Rally and trick-or-treating. That's called "having your cake and eating it too!" And bring your grandkids with you as Monterey is very kid friendly and they are sure to have a blast. We could have those good cigars and whiskey with a campfire and ghost stories for the kids. Ahhhh.....

Come rally with us.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #67
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Uwe,

I know it's a long drive, but if you leave early on Sunday, you could be home in time for trick-or-treating. Rally and trick-or-treating. That's called "having your cake and eating it too!" And bring your grandkids with you as Monterey is very kid friendly and they are sure to have a blast. We could have those good cigars and whiskey with a campfire and ghost stories for the kids. Ahhhh.....
Bring 7 Grandkids - NOT. Reminds me of a movie I saw over last weekend - cheaper by the dozen with Steve Martin.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:55 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
alameda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepdx
Hi all you NoCal'ers....Things were moving along quite nicely up here in lovely Oregon; I sold my house (it's in the process of closing), I finally got a tow vehicle, and then VOILA!, I lost my hitching/towing mentor Can you believe that that may be the thing that prevents me from making the rally at Laguna Seca????? So if any of you know anyone who can help out this damsel in distress in Portland, send 'em my way!

Still hoping to see you all at the end of October. (Hey, Ingrid, my daughter lives in Alameda.)
whereabouts? I bet we know each other!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:38 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Photobitstream,

Thanks for the reservation for both nights. The rally grows...And tomorrow is OCTOBER! Yipeee!

Come rally with us.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Cool Another one in..

Just for record, I'm working on check to Dee, and we'll be there no later than Saturday morning in the Condoluminum... Looking forward as well to weekend at the "most beautiful meeting of land and sea" in the US..

John McG

p.s. updated Avatar to show campsite at Lake Louise in Canadian Rockies...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:34 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
The list grows...

The list of confirmed reservations:

Tinsel Loaf
Coastalview
Big Dee
fabofabo
Doghouse
Photobitstream

Plowboy (unconfirmed)
JBMcG (unconfirmed)
pinkflamingoes (sans trailer- moteling it)

Possible at last minute:

nettepdx
Uwe
Westy
The Warencias
The Ohlsons

I hope I didn't forget anybody. Anybody else want to join us?

Come rally with us.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #72
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
whereabouts? I bet we know each other!
She lives on Santa Clara Avenue. Her name is Stephanie and she does massage...I'll shoot you her number if you need a masseuse

It's looking pretty good that I'll make the rally and hopefully she'll be in tow.
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepdx
She lives on Santa Clara Avenue. Her name is Stephanie and she does massage...I'll shoot you her number if you need a masseuse

It's looking pretty good that I'll make the rally and hopefully she'll be in tow.
I'll bet you anything I've seen her around. I'll bring some extra money for a chair massage, I love them. How much does she charge? This is going to be a fun weekend!

ingrid
Old 10-02-2004, 05:00 PM   #74
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
I'll bet you anything I've seen her around. I'll bring some extra money for a chair massage, I love them. How much does she charge? This is going to be a fun weekend!
I'm sure she'll cut us airstreamers et al. a deal for a chair massage!

BTW, I spent the first night in my new home last night. It was a blast. All I have to do is learn how to turn on the heat Ok, and a few backing-up lessons.

Laguna Seca, here I come....
1997 E350
Old 10-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #75
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Exclamation Site Assignments

Hey All,

I have site assignments for all those that made a reservation. Please make note of your site number.

Coastalview.........................#79
Big Dee..............................#78
Tinsel Loaf..........................#77
fabofabo.............................#76
DogHouse...........................#75
open site............................#74
photobitstream....................#33 (pull-through)
Ohlson's.............................#32 (pull-through)

Check-in at ranger booth. Tell them your with the group "AirstreamForums" and what site. They will give you a pass. Then set up and start having fun!

Plenty of time for anybody that wants to come. I turn in the final numbers on October 19th. So come join us!

Come rally with us.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:39 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Exclamation REVISED Site Assignments!

Hey Ralliers,

Had to revise the site assignments. BTW, the back-in sites are easy parking if you were wondering.

Coastalview.........................#79
Big Dee..............................#78
JBMcB................................#77 (Saturday)
fabofabo.............................#76
DogHouse...........................#75

photobitstream....................#33 (pull-through)
Tinsel Loaf..........................#32 (pull-through)
Ohlson's.............................#31 (pull-through)

Plenty of sites for last minute reservations. Anybody else? I hope Annette will make it with her daughter as I am looking forward to a chair massage.

I am planning to take Friday off. I hope to arrive in the early afternoon and greet everyone as they arrive. I am stocking my AS bar so it's cocktails on me for happy hour.

As for the Saturday night BBQ, I still am planning on doing tri-tips for everyone. A few tri-tips can feed an army and it's sooo good. So just bring your favorite pot luck dish if you want.

I hear the attendance is way up at the Aquarium because of the Great White Shark. How cool! If anybody is going, I would suggest going early on Saturday.

BTW, there is a huge rifle range at Laguna Seca for those that want to practice thier aim. I think I'll go fly my kite, though.

I have been looking forward to this weekend for sooo long now. I can't wait to enjoy those "good cigars and whiskey" with my forum friends and just RELAX! I so need it. See you all soon.

Come rally with us.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:27 PM   #77
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Hey Ralliers,
Plenty of sites for last minute reservations. Anybody else? I hope Annette will make it with her daughter as I am looking forward to a chair massage.

I am planning to take Friday off. I hope to arrive in the early afternoon and greet everyone as they arrive. I am stocking my AS bar so it's cocktails on me for happy hour.

I have been looking forward to this weekend for sooo long now. I can't wait to enjoy those "good cigars and whiskey" with my forum friends and just RELAX! I so need it. See you all soon.
Hello Ralliers....I am trying SO HARD to get there! Last Friday, with help, the trailer was moved to an RV park and I've been switching off staying there and staying in my house. It's great. But this just leaves me 3 weeks to move out of my house, do all that stuff you have to do to be road worthy (wheel bearings and stuff), AND I've only towed the A/S for 1 mile so I guess I better get some towing experience in before I head out. Or maybe not...maybe I should just jump in and do a trial by fire. What do you think?

Anyway, my daughter is lined up to bring her chair. If worse comes to worse, maybe I'll fly down and visit you all sans trailer...like pink flamingoes. Oh, and I'll bring a nice small batch bourbon to go with those cigars
1997 E350
Old 10-10-2004, 11:14 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Go Annette, Go Annette, GO!!!

Sounds like your making good progress. I5 is a great road to get your experience on. Nice 'n straight. Watch the fuel pumps and you will be here in no time.

PS: I am earmarking some cash for a chair massage! Now that sounds relaxing! (just what the doctor ordered!)

Come rally with us.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #79
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
aquarium!

Hey everybody,
Just in case you were thinking of going to the aquarium, Costco has a discount package of four tickets for $44, two adults, two children. Normally adults are 19.95 each and kids 3 -312 are 8.95, so you'd get the kids tickets for free. I saw them just now on the Costco website, www.costco.com .

My husband may not come, no less than four big jobs just came through all at once, so it's looking doubtful for him. But my parents' eyebrows went up when I told them when I was doing, they'd love to come see the aquarium and meet some airstreamers too. So I haven't actually made hotel reservations yet, I'm waiting to see what they decide. I don't think getting a room will be a big problem this time of the year.

We may even just come down for the day, it's not that far of a drive and we've done it before. But I really want to stay more than one day.

Just an update!!

ingrid
Old 10-11-2004, 06:29 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Ingrid,

Too bad your hubby won't make it but it would be great to host your parents. I hope they'll come. The more, the merrier!

Definitely come to stay the night. That way you can really relax and not worry about hitting the road. There is a Best Western right on the beach sand dunes at Seaside. I had a good deal there last year and they allow dogs. I forget the name but let me know if you are intersted and I'll look it up. You could take a nice walk on the beach plus listen to the surf all night.

Can't wait to see you and everyone else! It's so close now, I am counting the days. Lets see now, 18 days....

Come rally with us.