Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

Maybe my first rally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
All right everyone, I'm back from my epic 3,000 mile Northwest trip and man, it was awesome! Lovely trip with no mishaps, thank god. The Silver Palace performed magnificently!

Anyway, it's time to get serious about the fall. Come on you Californians, lets plan to rally! I've got four confirmed reservations for Laguna Seca so WE NEED YOU! Please plan on it and make a reservation RIGHT NOW! Click on the Rally website below for all the info. Come on everyone, doesn't an October camping weekend on Monterey Bay sound nice? See you there!
Hey Big Dee et al. Hello from Portland! The for-sale sign goes up in front of my house tomorrow. My plan is to hit the road ASAP so keep your fingers crossed that the house sells quickly. My first destination (in my lovely '75 Tradewind) will be to visit friends in Pacific Grove so the timing/location would be perfect!!! This would be my first rally
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:14 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepdx
Hey Big Dee et al. Hello from Portland! The for-sale sign goes up in front of my house tomorrow. My plan is to hit the road ASAP so keep your fingers crossed that the house sells quickly. My first destination (in my lovely '75 Tradewind) will be to visit friends in Pacific Grove so the timing/location would be perfect!!! This would be my first rally

PACIFIC GROVE??? I will look forward to seeing your trailer in town. I live in PG, its small enough I am sure I will see you. (And maybe at Laguna Seca too).
Repodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repodog
PACIFIC GROVE??? I will look forward to seeing your trailer in town. I live in PG, its small enough I am sure I will see you. (And maybe at Laguna Seca too).
Repodog...I was in PG last year about this time...closer to September, maybe...during that Cherry thingamajiggy (old time cars at Laguna Seca). I only went because they said there would be some airstreams there. There were - but only a few. Anyway, while in PG I saw a couple of airstreams in driveways. Could one have been yours? My friends live just on the beginning (PG end) of 17-mile drive. Are you near there?
1997 E350
Old 08-20-2004, 11:45 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Hi Annette,

Just returned from the Northwest including my yearly stop in your neck of the woods, Gresham. I LOVE Oregon! Are you selling your home to go full-timing? I would be very jealous.

Anyway, my "fingers are crossed" and really hope you will be able to make the rally. And invite your PG friends to dinner on Saturday night. Plenty of room for all.

P.S. Anybody that gets to live in PG (like Repodog) are lucky devils. Got to be one of the most gorgeous, special places anywhere!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:23 AM   #45
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Hi Annette,

Just returned from the Northwest including my yearly stop in your neck of the woods, Gresham. I LOVE Oregon! Are you selling your home to go full-timing? I would be very jealous.

Anyway, my "fingers are crossed" and really hope you will be able to make the rally. And invite your PG friends to dinner on Saturday night. Plenty of room for all.

P.S. Anybody that gets to live in PG (like Repodog) are lucky devils. Got to be one of the most gorgeous, special places anywhere!
Hi Big Dee...I will certainly keep you posted on my attendance at the rally. My plan is to join the full-timing crowd but as I've never spent much time on the road - and the fact that I will have to find work here and there - I am open to the possibility that I may hate it or may not be able to afford it or...... But it's time for a change and I might as well make a big one

I will definitely invite my friends to dinner on Saturday night. Maybe they can camp at Laguna Seca, too, in their little SOB motorhome???

See ya soon ... hopefully!
1997 E350
Old 08-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Big Dee, welcome back from your trip ! Let it be know that everyone is invited, friends, family, and neighbors !
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:44 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Here's the list so far...

The list of confirmed reservations is growing:

Tinsel Loaf
Coastalview
Big Dee
fabofabo
Doghouse
Plowboy (unconfirmed)
pinkflamingoes (sans trailer- moteling it)

This is shaping up to be a fun group!

Who else wants to join us? Coastalview is absolutely right, Annette, anyone is invited to make a reservation. There is room for all.

Can't wait!

Come rally with us.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:12 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Who else wants to join us? Coastalview is absolutely right, Annette, anyone is invited to make a reservation. There is room for all.
Can't wait!
Awesome! As soon as my plans firm up, I'll let you know if I can attend.
1997 E350
Old 08-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Firmly "Tentative"...

Sorry, but work uncertainties just make it impossible to reserve this far in advance.. I'm certainly hoping to bring our Condoluminum down from Sunnyvale, or worst case staying with relative in Monterey... Can you furnish local contact like cell phone at some point so we can ge togeher if I have to come down mid-day Saturday and leave early Sunday...

John McG

p.s. "Air Conditioner/Sprinkler Unit" by Coleman finally confirmed to be bad gasket seal (after 16 years.. Replace It!!!) Unit now passes hose spray test, and condensate going down the tube...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:54 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
John, I can be that local contact person. Live in Carmel, and work for the City of Monterey. Send me an e-mail, or PM, when your ready for some phone numbers. Jeff
Old 08-24-2004, 09:01 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Hey John,

I expect many people can't make a reservation til the last minute but I don't have to turn in a "final" number til October 19. I like that policy. And even after that, I am sure there will be spaces available for "drive-ups", maybe not in same loop. So hopefully you will be able to make it.

I was thinking how nice October sunsets must look from those Laguna Seca hills...

Come rally with us.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Saturday Night Tri-Tip BBQ

Hey All,

We are getting closer! Since it looks like we will have a small group, I am going to sponsor a Tri-Tip BBQ on Saturday night. My buddy is a BBQ expert and cook-out competitor so we decided that we will do up tri-tips on Saturday night for everyone. I'll throw in baked potatos, green salad, garlic bread and a campfire, and we gots ourselves a great meal. BYO dessert and drinks and we will have fun on Saturday night! How's that sound?

Fall is here and since I usually camp on the coast in the fall- I am itching to go! Can't wait.

I've invited some friends of mine to join us, some with SOBs, some with tents. So invite anyone who might be interested in a Fall camping weekend on beautiful Monterey Bay. Plenty of room for everyone! It's going to be fun!

Come rally with us.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
distance from Marina?

Hi,
Yep we're coming...

About how far is it from Laguna Seca to Marina (the city)? We found a hotel there for $67/night. It's close to Monterey and we want to see the aquarium, it's been a while and they have a white shark there right now.

When we arrive at the campsite, it will be in the later afternoon...Big Dee, I'll email you our cell # as the date gets closer and we'll ask you what we should bring to that we can drop by the store and get. We can't arrive empty handed!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:50 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Ingrid, Marina is about 15 minutes from Laguna seca. PM me our send me an e-mail, I can give you my cell number, as I seem to be the closest contact person. Jeff
Old 09-27-2004, 06:54 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
Hi,
Yep we're coming...

About how far is it from Laguna Seca to Marina (the city)? We found a hotel there for $67/night. It's close to Monterey and we want to see the aquarium, it's been a while and they have a white shark there right now.

When we arrive at the campsite, it will be in the later afternoon...Big Dee, I'll email you our cell # as the date gets closer and we'll ask you what we should bring to that we can drop by the store and get. We can't arrive empty handed!
Great News Ingrid! So happy you are coming even though it won't be with your Airstream. Good idea to get a room in Marina, it's plenty close enough to both Laguna Seca and the Aquarium. I would love to see the shark too. I'm a teacher and my class is planning a fieldtrip to the aquarium in November. Can't wait!

I am thinking the BBQ should be set for around sixish so everybody has the day to play. I'll PM you my cell also in addition to Coastalview so you can get in touch if need be. As for as bringing something, I think a dessert would be wonderful. And if the group suddenly grows bigger, I may ask for more help but I don't see that happening.

I so much want to go camping NOW! I just hope the usual beautiful October weather in Monterey holds for us. I usually spend October in my AS on the coast and the weather is awesome. Absolutely my favorite time of the year on that bay! But I do remember one halloween weekend it POURED! The poor kids were rained out. But keeping positive thoughts, that was only once and it won't happen this year, right?

Can't wait to meet everyone. Friday is October 1st! Wow!

Come rally with us.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #56
3 Rivet Member

just a minor glitch

Hi all you NoCal'ers....Things were moving along quite nicely up here in lovely Oregon; I sold my house (it's in the process of closing), I finally got a tow vehicle, and then VOILA!, I lost my hitching/towing mentor Can you believe that that may be the thing that prevents me from making the rally at Laguna Seca????? So if any of you know anyone who can help out this damsel in distress in Portland, send 'em my way!

Still hoping to see you all at the end of October. (Hey, Ingrid, my daughter lives in Alameda.)
1997 E350
Old 09-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
YOU can DO IT!

Annette -
I (we) believe in you! Just ask questions and post pics if possible. My family and I are going to Cascade Locks OR (on the map it looks close to Portland) for a rally the weekend of Oct 8th. Any chance you could make the short drive? There would be some AS to look at and get help. Which part of the hookup or towing do you need help with? There's lots of females on the forum who could also give advise, don't stop now! We're in Seattle, if that's if any help.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:10 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

thanks for the vote of confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
Annette -
I (we) believe in you! Just ask questions and post pics if possible. My family and I are going to Cascade Locks OR (on the map it looks close to Portland) for a rally the weekend of Oct 8th. Any chance you could make the short drive? There would be some AS to look at and get help. Which part of the hookup or towing do you need help with? There's lots of females on the forum who could also give advise, don't stop now! We're in Seattle, if that's if any help.
Marc
I thought the rally at Cascade Locks would be a good place to get help - if I could even get there - but I have friends coming from out of town for a wedding that weekend. Darn! At any rate, I'm sure I will find help...and I don't want to start a whole thread on the pros and cons of various hitching procedures.

At any rate, thanks for the words of encouragement, Marc. Just a minor glitch...I've wanted to do this for too long to jettison the idea now!
1997 E350
Old 09-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Annette,

I'm crossing my fingers that you will make the Rally. If you do, invite your daughter to join us. Great to hear you sold your house. That must be a big relief! And you got a TV now, good news also. Now, is the problem that you need a hitch? Well maybe you could find a hitch shop that is knowledgeable and gives good advice? They could get you all set up and ready to go if you trust them. I've got a hitch shop here that I trust and they do good work. Ask around for a tip.

I will definitely save a spot for you so I really hope to see you at Laguna Seca!

Come rally with us.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:09 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Annette,

I'm crossing my fingers that you will make the Rally. If you do, invite your daughter to join us. Great to hear you sold your house. That must be a big relief! And you got a TV now, good news also. Now, is the problem that you need a hitch? Well maybe you could find a hitch shop that is knowledgeable and gives good advice? They could get you all set up and ready to go if you trust them. I've got a hitch shop here that I trust and they do good work. Ask around for a tip.

I will definitely save a spot for you so I really hope to see you at Laguna Seca!
Big Dee....My daughter is a helluva massage therapist. Maybe she can bring her table! I'll definitely invite her to come along.
1997 E350