Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #221
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Keller , Texas
Wow ya'll sure know how to do this up right! I think this might be the best AS camping experience I've ever had! We are really excited, but not aabout the cold!Does anyone know if the place where we all gather is screened or provides any type of barrier to the wind? Also, I really appreciate the ones who are making the cider and bringing the wine. I will definitely contribute!
Thanks,
Lisa & Eric
AirHedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #222
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHedz View Post
...Does anyone know if the place where we all gather is screened or provides any type of barrier to the wind?..
Below is a link to the history of the Pavillion and some photos:

TPWD Item: Group Pavilion, Blanco State Park, 2007

Link to the map of the park:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...p4507_012a.pdf

If anyone has a "Little Red Campfire" (or other type of Propane heater) please bring it on Saturday. Enough small ones placed around the outer perimeter should make the Pavillion plenty warm.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #223
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
I got a double Mr. Buddy Heater. See you'all mid-day Thursday.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #224
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Dirty Santa Question

Are we supposed to bring one Dirty Santa gift per campsite or one per person? We purchased two gifts ... but thought I read on one of these posts later that it's one per campsite?????

Desert Friday - good tasting cookies
Pot Luck Saturday - broccolli and rice casserole
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #225
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Swap?

So...I have all the clearance lights (5 red/2 amber) and the tail-lights from my trailer if anyone is trying to keep it original. Also a univolt and some other items.
Shall I bring them? Anyone want to swap some stuff?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	146634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights11.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	146635  

Click image for larger version

Name:	old and new converters.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	146636  

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #226
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
One per Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Are we supposed to bring one Dirty Santa gift per campsite or one per person? We purchased two gifts ... but thought I read on one of these posts later that it's one per campsite?????
One per Campsite....unless there are two legitimate couples (or one couple and one single) sharing a site. This serves to enhance Chuck and Skye's conundrum. A huge part of the "Dirty Santa" is to promote family squabbles.

This situation came up in years past so to avoid each person getting a gift we try to limit the gift exchange to couples or families. If a legitimate single is at the exchange they are most welcome to participate.

Please let the organizers know if there will be multiple participants from one site. The sites in "the hat" will be marked as "Site 121 A and 112 B" if there will be multiple participants from site 121. We will endeavor to exclude no one, but we need to know how many participants will be exchanging gifts prior to starting the draw.

A single gift per site makes stealing so much more fun - and painful when the "couple" squabble starts. We all know who the real boss is of each couple when the stealing is over.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Old 12-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #227
2 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
We did the same thing, I had two, but after reading the post, decided on one and we will use the other for something else....(however, if we get clarification that says it is one per person, will bring both) Chuck and I will have a tough time deciding what gifts to pull the "ol' dirty Santa" trick on, we don't exactly have the same taste!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
So...I have all the clearance and the tail-lights from my trailer if anyone is trying to keep it original. Also a univolt and some other items. Shall I bring them? Anyone want to swap some stuff?
I have a rebuilt AC cover from the original '78 Sovereign AC that will soon be in the trash if no one waants it. Post here if anyone needs one or would like a spare - I will have plenty of room to haul it on this trip.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 12-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #229
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
So...I have a univolt and some other items.
Shall I bring them? Anyone want to swap some stuff?

Chuck - which of the items below would qualify as a boat anchor???

Anyone who has replaced an original univolt knows the answer to that.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 12-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Anonymity Regarding the Flamingo Decorating Contest

As each flamingo is handed out it will be marked on the bottom with the recipients site number. The judges will also attempt to populate the "Chit Numbers" for the dirty santa hat draw at this time.

The reason for the numbering is to ensure the judges will not know who the submitter of said flamingo is...sort of a double blind judging to make sure familiarity will not influence the judges.

Having stated the above - if a certain size two thong again makes an appearance on a bird I will have a good idea of which site that flamingo came from.

I might suggest that you bring your decorated bird in some sort of a wrap or shawl, paper bag, or cover it with aluminum foil to provide some bit of secrecy while submitting for judging. Judges will not be at the drop off point (the Pavillion) around the 4:00 PM drop off time. I will receive the decorated flamingos. Please contact me at that time to make sure I have properly collected all site numbers wanting to particiate in the Dirty Santa drawing.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 12-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #231
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Keller , Texas
Well I was going to ask if the Flamingo needed to be decorated with a Christmas theme, but I guess the "size two thong on a bird" answered my question!
AirHedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #232
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH View Post
Chuck - which of the items below would qualify as a boat anchor???
Anyone who has replaced an original univolt knows the answer to that.
Hmmm, so not the cinderblock I guess. OK, I will donate the Univolt to my neighbor, he has a boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHedz View Post
Well I was going to ask if the Flamingo needed to be decorated with a Christmas theme, but I guess the "size two thong on a bird" answered my question!
Well, if it is red and glittery... Ho Ho Ho..

WBCCI 3805
Old 12-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #233
kds
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Frederickburg , Texas
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
however, we can't make the rally....so we just arrived at Blanco State park yesterday, in the pouring rain....and it rained all night...but today it looks like it will clear for the rally....wish we were going to be here but are leaving tomorrow....circling central texas before heading west for the 4CU Picacho Peak New Years Eve RALLY

I SEE CAP-IN-RED across the way...ahoy mate....
Hello Kingfisher, so nice to meet you at the gas station this morning as you were leaving Blanco. Safe travels. You will be missed. See you next year in Blanco if not before.

Kelly
kds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #234
2 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Corpus Christi , Texas
twenty five hours and counting, can't wait to get "on the road again"
Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #235
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
We're heading south! See y'all soon.
traveluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #236
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
Hill Country , Texas
We live just north of Blanco and have never been to a Rally, are planning to come Sat. afternoon/evening (my husband already had a pig roast planned for Friday!)

No spots were available at the park by the time I decided we could come, but I just reserved one for Sat. at Blanco Riverside RV Park, just outside the state park. They have more spaces, all pull-thrus with full hook-ups, both 30 & 50 amps. The manager's name is Alissa (sp.?), she owns the bar next door. Her cell # is 512-663-0075.

Will bring some kind of vegetable dish to the potluck, as that seems to be what there's the least of. I am unable to eat gluten (wheat, oats, barley, rye), so if it's not obvious that a dish contains one of those ingredients, I'd really appreciate a little warning sign. Will also bring some snacks for Fri. afternoon. And lots of adult beverages....

Looking forward to meeting you all! We lived in our trailer for a year outside of Marfa, but have only recently started camping in it. It's still a bit of a work-in-progress cosmetically, but between the walls and under the flooring, it's a 2007 model, the interior is almost entirely a restored 1959 model, and I'm quite enthralled with it.

Just drove through the park, 4 Airstreams are already here, and the weather is gorgeous! Please let me know if I can do anything here locally to help out.

Lynne & Jay
Old 12-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #237
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Woohoo! Just finished up working in San Antonio and we are headed up to Blanco Settlement in the morning can't wait to meet everybody!

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #238
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
Hill Country , Texas
Correction: while I was playing with my iPad down by the river, 3 more Airstreams arrived, making the total now 7 -- the park's starting to look pretty cool!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #239
Fiona76

1976 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Fiona76
The truck is ready and the Airstream is trembling in anticipation and B.Ann fell over backwards on the tennis court. Hurt her wrist, no, said the doctor she shattered it. He is looking for all the right size screws and splints and pins to hold it together. Will do surgery tomorrow. BAnn said she could probably go on Saturday considering the keg and all the wine available. My thoughts are along with the pain pills she'll be on, that she won't even remember the great time she had. So with that, I'm going to admit that we can't come, BUT, we may drive over Sat afternoon and if we do we'll bring a dirty Santa present. Am cancelling our reservation at Blanco Settlement today.
Fiona76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #240
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Bittersweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona76 View Post
The truck is ready and the Airstream is trembling in anticipation and B.Ann fell over backwards on the tennis court. Hurt her wrist, no, said the doctor she shattered it. He is looking for all the right size screws and splints and pins to hold it together. Will do surgery tomorrow. BAnn said she could probably go on Saturday considering the keg and all the wine available. My thoughts are along with the pain pills she'll be on, that she won't even remember the great time she had. So with that, I'm going to admit that we can't come, BUT, we may drive over Sat afternoon and if we do we'll bring a dirty Santa present. Am cancelling our reservation at Blanco Settlement today.
Logged on to say we are loaded, hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning. Pretty excited and then I read this. This is horrible. So sorry guys. Don't push it! Having had a few surgeries myself, I can tell you it probably is not worth a trip for a dirty santa gift.

Get well!!

WBCCI 3805