Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Moraine View 2014 Rally

June 2014 marks a special event here at AirForums. It will mark the 12th anniversary of the Forums Moraine View rally. Far enough away from the big metropolitan cities to assure us ample sites, but close enough that most would not have to drive more than a day to get to.

An electric only campground, but for a weekend, most of us can comfortably use our holding tanks for water and waste. Water and dump stations are in the campground along with a nearby bath house and playground area for kids. We have good site space that accommodates a large gathering of people, and best of all participation from lots of you out there who come to the rally, try out your recipes at our pot luck, and sit out in the dark watching movies projected on the side of a vintage Airstream.

We've gone through good weather and bad, but in our 11 previous years so far, we've never had the Saturday night pot luck and movies rained out. Not that it hasn't been close but in the end if the Saturday rain came, it always ended prior to dinner and the movies. Pretty phenomenal considering we have had this rally on the second weekend of June in 9 of its 11 years.

This year we will again be camped in the area down by the lake. All reservable sites must be procured through the ReserveAmerica.com reservation system. There is a $5 processing fee that is not refundable but if you cancel you can get a refund. I know it may be early for you to make commitments but we need to get our reservations is ASAP to assure we will fill the loop up with forum attendees.

Lots of friends have been made, some have passed on. Kids have grown up, unions have been made, and some unions have parted. Our canine buddies have also changed over time and many have passed over the rainbow bridge only to be replaced by new companions displaying their own endearing traits.

A few of us have been there every year, and some almost every year. Its been a fun event and something that has been a given here at AirForums. After looking at some of the archives, I believe it's the oldest same site Forums rally that is in existence.

So what's the plans for 2014? Well it starts out on Friday evening June 13th at 5 with a hot dog fest at my trailer. I'll supply the hot dogs buns and some toppings. If you want to bring anything else to share, you are more than welcome. Saturday is the traditional optional trailer open house beginning at noon till 4pm. A pot luck dinner at 6pm will be held in the central area of our camping loop. Please bring a side item or desert to share. You will be responsible for your own main course which you do not have to share. At dusk we pull out the movies and be assured there will be an Airstream related video first and then a full feature movie that follows.

Sunday will be the winding down time with us getting ready to depart. Note that there is a late checkout time so you don't have to feel rushed to depart. Check in is at 3PM.

Note that many of us arrive on Thursday even though we have no specific events scheduled. Note that the available water at the park carries some sediment so be sure to bring a water filter if you plan to use the spigots that are scattered around the loops.

Those who can't make reservations, be aware that there are unreserved sites very close to our loop. Those sites are usually filled by Friday evening, so if you are planning to arrive without reservations, Thursday or Friday morning will give you best access to those sites.

Moraine View State park is located near Bloomington Illinois. It is associated with LeRoy Illinois where you will find gas, fast food, supermarkets and other supplies.

Here is the link to the campground information. http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt...r3/moraine.htm

Here is a link to the campground map.
http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt...mrvcampmap.pdf

The preferred sites are P13-P23, F1-F9. All sites are back in. F1-F9 form a spoke. This is the area where we will eat and have the movies. Some of the P sites back to the lake, some back to the woods. Even if these sites fill, know that there are many reservable sites next to the sites that I listed. We've had as many as 43 units in past years, so there is always room.

In the meantime start thinking about this and get your reservations in. If this is your first rally or you are an Airstream wannabe, please come. While many of us have been coming to this rally for years, we always have many first time attendees. If you reserve a site, please let me know. I'll keep a list posted so you know who is coming and where they will be.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ummm, I've now made our reservations.

F5, our usual site, arriving Thursday.

Maggie
Old 12-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Thank You Jack for leading this event. Wishing you and family the best at this holiday.
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Mike and Dana Johnson (airtandem); we are registered for F7. We will arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday (6/12-6/16) bringing baked beans.
OK people let's get going, summer will be here soon!!! This warms me up on a cold day.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Jack? Jack? Ohhhhhhhh Jaaaaaaaaak?

Where art thou?

We are (once again) planning the rally without thee.

We may extend til Monday, so as to join the Sunday night do. Need to see what's shakin' by then. Much easier to add a day than cancel.....with no refund.

See y'all in June.

Maggie
Old 12-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Just made Reservations. F8. Arrive thursday depart monday.
Bringing BBQ meatballs. Get the sites .
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We have P19 again.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
P17. Arrive 6/11. Maybe.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
We set aside the 13th-15th to be with you again this year (missed 2013 Moraine View Rally due to date conflict). Reserved P-18 last night and looking forward to seeing the folks we met at our first rally and getting to know some new 'Streamers. Biggest question now is "kayaks or canoe"?
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
Hi, how do I get information about this Rally? I'm a newbie with Forum Rallies and this one looks like it might be close to home. Thanks.
kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This is currently the only thread on the 2014 rally, but there will be a fuller one down the pike a bit.

It is always the second weekend in June, and Jack Canavera runs this rally. He hasn't been on the forums for a week or two, it seems, but he'll be back and get things up and running.

Watch for a new thread, probably in January.

2014 will be the 12th consecutive year for this rally. A great location and great group of people.

We would all be happy to have you join us.

Maggie
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
P23, Thursday-Monday.

Robert Clauss & Becky Corzilius
robert claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #13

Fenton , Missouri
Just a quick update, I will modify this thread and title with the info but we will be sticking with the second weekend of June which the Friday date is the 13th. Obviously the reservations are going through at this point so those of you so inclined can get yours in at the reserveamerica.com site. I'm getting there on Thursday also, but the official start date which kicks off with the hot dog fest is Friday.
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile Moraine View

Have p11 same as last yr. will ar. Fri. leave Mon. Will bring wood featherbedder [Bill]
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #15

Fenton , Missouri
OK, I have edited this thread and put the information in the first post. I'll get this on the forum calendar also.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #16

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswelsh View Post
Hi, how do I get information about this Rally? I'm a newbie with Forum Rallies and this one looks like it might be close to home. Thanks.
See post 1 of this thread!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 01-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #17

Fenton , Missouri
We already got a movie picked for Saturday night so at this point we are in the gathering mode for some Airstream related videos. As the weather turns to spring we will start to see some stuff pop up.

I don't know about you all but a major winter storm just hit us about 6am today. I just got back in and it looks like we got about 10 inches today, with brutal winds. Now the cold comes in behind all this and we hit -8 tonight. Forecast is for a high of -2 tomorrow. I'm sure all of you in the midwest are or will be touched by this one. Thank goodness that Patty told me to buy a snow blower about 15 years ago. We don't need it much in this part of the country, but it was worth every nickel I paid for it. Camping season never looks as good as it does right now!

Don't forget to get those reservations in. Worse case if you have to cancel, you will only be out $5. Looks like the F section which is right in the area where we have movies and Saturday's pot luck has lots of space. Not a lot of space left in the P area which boarders the lake or backs to the woods. I see 11 sites reserved so far.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 01-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
Jack we have over a foot of snow and the temp tomorrow will be -14 with a wind chill at -38

I can't wait for June I wish it was here already
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
I just made reservations for site F-6. I'm really excited to go to our first Air Forums Rally. I'll bring a potato casserole for the pot-luck. We will arrive Friday and leave on Monday.
kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Jack,

I have to say....I am impressed by the creative thread-editing that has been done here.

Must be fun, in at least that respect , being a Moderator.

Stay warm, and see ya in June

Maggie