Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
Jim - that was fun! I enjoyed looking back at the pics again. I can't wait to get together again. Where did you go on your maiden voyage? I'm sure you're enjoying the space of the new 28ft'r. How's it tow - and do you notice the additional width?
Marc
Hi Marc.....I can smell the bacon too!
We went to Beverly Beach again for our maiden voyage (total sunshine!)....we really like that CG....but it was'nt the same without all the "twinkies"! Maybe we should start thinking about some rally venue for this year.....maybe up in Washington. Sounds like you would want something early, since you might be working on your Argosy later in fall. So far, we love our 28'....and the extra width makes a big difference. Will be taking it to Silver Falls SP this weekend for another test drive. Slight difference in towing (1mpg less) than the 22'. Just got off the phone tonight with a buyer for our 22". He will pick it up within 10 days.......a first time buyers like us! They'll enjoy the 22'....towing with a Toyota Tundra V8.

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #102
3 Rivet Member

Is it just me?

Jim, Your new A/S (as seen in the avatar) is BEAUTIFUL. But I am unable to get to your photo gallery....and I'm unable to get to my private messages. What the bleep is going on?

If you northwesterners plan another rally, I'll try to attend 'cause I had such a great time at the last mini rally. Maybe Marc can give me some upholstry tips or at least help me pick out some fabric (ok, now I can't insert a smiley, dang!)
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #103

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Congrats on selling the CCD, Jim! Now you can look forward to playing with your new toy, instead of worrying about when you will find a new home for the old one.

I'm ready for another rally now, but my trailer isn't. How about late April? I'd invite you all up to Battle Ground Lake SP. It's a nice no-amenities campground on a bluff over the lake. Lots of hiking, fishing, paddling opportunities. Three geocaches in that park alone. A short drive to some nice waterfalls. Some very nice restaurants in town for a dinner out - anyone like Middle-eastern food?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #104
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Love middle eastern - what dates did you have in mind?
Who's bringing the bacon?

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I'm ready for another rally now, but my trailer isn't. How about late April? I'd invite you all up to Battle Ground Lake SP. It's a nice no-amenities campground on a bluff over the lake. Lots of hiking, fishing, paddling opportunities. Three geocaches in that park alone. A short drive to some nice waterfalls. Some very nice restaurants in town for a dinner out - anyone like Middle-eastern food?
Steph,

Late April sounds good to me! Weather could be iffy, but with this great winter we've had so far, maybe it'll continue! What do you mean by "nice no-amenities campground"? Do they have electric and water hookups? It sounds like there's plenty to do around the lake. Middle Eastern food sounds good...cous cous, tajine, etc. It wouldn't be too exciting for you and David, since it's in your back yard. Would probably draw more of the Portland and maybe even Southern Washington contingent. Do you have any other ideas for camping in Southern WA? Janet & Gary may chime in with some other possibilities.

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:11 PM   #106
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
The y have a web site - looks cool.
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...+Lake&pageno=1

AirForums Custom Search
Old 03-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #107

1968 17' Caravel
Yeah, it's literally across the street from us. I thought I'd invite you all out to my favorite park! I don't mind camping across the street for once.

I don't think there's any hookups, but there's a dump station on the way out of the park.

Pick a weekend. I'm free anytime from mid April on. Once we decide on a weekend everyone can make their own reservations.

Once the weather gets reliable again, I think Janet had a neat place in Pasco scoped out for a future get together. Right, Janet?

Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 AM   #108
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Any weekend in april - except the first one is OK. I checked out the web site for battle ground - they have a few sites with hook ups of some kind and several without.

There is a state park near pasco - sacajawea state park - that we could use for a mini rally. The ranger is a freind of mine. Ordinarilly they do not have camping at this park but It has bathrooms and showers and a really great grassy group area on the banks of the columbia river - fish from your step - close. Trailers could park wagon wheel style. But there are some drawbacks.... There are NO hookups and the dump station is a mile down the road. There is a group picnic shelter area with water and electric close to the camp area. But I think for a weekend it would be great. the park is a historic site - as lewis and clark came ashore there and they have an interprutive center.

I vote for battle ground - I need an adventure.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 03-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #109
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Exclamation Showers Janet!

Always with the showers, I suppose you would like a park with a bunch of ADA shower stalls. Ha HA!

Sounds good, set a date and I'll hookup the rig and travel north. I have been at Battle ground before it' s a nice little park.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
heh heh

You know, I was going to stay away with that whole shower business..... Just keep Campcollector away from those mixer valves!! : >

Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:13 PM   #111

1968 17' Caravel
Oh man, not the showers! I've never laughed so hard in my life!