Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2003, 05:29 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Colors? What colors?

How much Chocolate milk did you guys drink? What green flames?

Nothing better than Green Flames, Bluegrass and Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer!!! I think there's a song there somewhere.

Had a great time... got our pictures back and everyones AS look great lined up. I still think we should have created the traffic jam at the dump station at the same time.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 09:26 AM   #22

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Re: Colors? What colors?

Quote:
Originally posted by zamboni
Had a great time... got our pictures back and everyones AS look great lined up. I still think we should have created the traffic jam at the dump station at the same time.
Did you get home ok? As I went under an overpass I saw you on the side of the road up on top. Saw you too late to exit.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:10 PM   #23
Rivet Master

BLOW OUT !!!

Had one of the inner rear tires tear off and blow out about three miles back from that overpass you saw us on. Sure was windy on the way home!
Laura & I had it changed in about 15 minutes...my old NASCAR crew would have been proud. and $276.00 later I have been educated about the DOT dating stamped on each tire sold in these states of America. found out three of the seven tires on the MH are nine years old. I have ordered new ones.

The dealer explained that MH & trailer tires usually will outlast there tread wear. Recommend replacing every 5-7 years to be on the safde side because with our weekend type use we will never wear out the tires on this thing.

Anyway, we all dealt with the "event" very well...the kids just watched more of their movie while Mom & Dad changed the tire.

Hoping to get camping the weekend after the Fourth of July locally.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:08 PM   #24

Fenton , Missouri
Ouch! I feel bad I missed stopping for you. Changing an inner tire must be quite a job.

I've never worn a tire out in my life. My cycle is 5 years max for tires. My only failure was trying to get my old Hi-Lo home when the tires were low from winter storage. I rolled one off the rim when pivoting on a back in to the driveway.

At least you had a spare!

Hope to see you sometime in the future.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 08-01-2003, 07:23 PM   #25
Rivet Master

pictures?

Jack,
did you ever get the pictures posted?
Old 08-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #26

Fenton , Missouri
Re: pictures?

Quote:
Originally posted by zamboni
Jack,
did you ever get the pictures posted?
I started posting on the night that the forum server died. So some were posted but the thumbnails are messed up. Once Andy gets the photo site back up I'm going to wipe the pictures and reload. I'll post an announcement once the pictures are available. Sorry about the delay.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 09-12-2003, 09:51 PM   #27

Fenton , Missouri
Posted....finally

Well after a long time in waiting I finally have posted many of the Midwest Forum Rally pictures that I took in June. It all looks so good. Those of you who were there will get a kick out of them. Those who weren't consider joining us on our future rallys. It was a great weekend!

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...ser=56&thumb=1

Click on the first picture and use the forward arrow to scroll easily through the picture gallery.

Enjoy! Who's ready for one last get together...how about the weekend October 17, 18, and 19th?

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 09-13-2003, 07:56 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
Thumbs up

Thanks Jack the pictures are great. I look forward to next years rally. Thank you again for a job well done.

Chris
WBCCI #2732
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 07:08 AM   #29

Fenton , Missouri
Thanks for the kind comments Chris. Looking at the pictures really were fun for me. I hadn't looked at them for some time while waiting for the photo forum to come back up. The place was really nice. Thanks to all who attended. It would have been nothing without you all being there.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 09-14-2003, 06:39 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Thumbs up

Good job Jack!! It is so nice to see the pictures and fondly remember that weekend. We look forward to seeing the forum members again. Since the rally we had been preparing to sell our house. That having been done, we made the move to our cottage two weeks ago. It's been quite an experience going to about 1/2 the space but needing to keep most of the "stuff" for a planned larger home. Even though we have much to do around here, we look forward to getting away soon with Cupcake. We've had just that one trip to the rally and can hardly wait to go again. If our tentative plans for Oct. don't materialize, we might be interested in a fall forums get together. Any ideas where?

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Can "just interesteds" stop by. . .

an AS rally? We lurk on these forums and dream but seldom get an opportunity to actually see AS trailers or MHs. Other than the information on these forums, we have never gotten to talk with AS owners about the nuts and bolts of really owning one. So. . .I guess my question is, if a Mid West Rally is planned for fall, would it be possible for Non-AS owners to stop by, chat, ask questions, and just generally get more of the feel of what it is like to be proud owners of an AS? We are hoping to move up to one for retirement in a couple of years. We think we are more interested in a Vintage or near Vintage unit than a new one. (Just like "em!) We'd like for our planning to be in place and to go into retirement with the rig of our dreams. . .but we need some more information before we take such a step. We currently own a 25' "other brand" trailer and pull with a '99 Toyota Land Cruiser. Thanks for letting us know if visitors are welcome, and if so, when and where a fall rally in the Mid West might be taking place. Thanks so much!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:37 AM   #32

Fenton , Missouri
It doesn't look like this will pull together this fall. I put a feeler out (a couple of posts earlier in this thread about the weekend of the 17th of October) but haven't gotten any response so looks like fall will not come through for most of us.

I'm heading for a dealer rally in Sedalia Missouri (at the state fair grounds) next week (Thursday-Sunday). There should be about 350 units there. I'm not too sure what part of the country you are from but you certainly will get your fill of Airstreams plus see some brand new units that the dealer will be bringing up at his display area. Let me know if you are thinking of coming by. I would be happy to let you see our trailer.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 10-07-2003, 06:39 PM   #33
Rivet Master

fall outing

jack
camping the weekend of October 18-19 sounds great...if the weather we've been having folds out. I went to Lake Murphysboro, IL in late September for a BBQ Cook-off. AS 34' TT in the campground, but no one home all weekend.

Fall colors should be good by then I hope...
Old 10-07-2003, 07:25 PM   #34
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I does, but if I am right, Jack's Safari will be at the dealer for trade on he and Patty's new '30' Classic S/O.

Me, the Twink is getting traded for am '04 Safari "SS".

Next midwest rally is going to ROCK!

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 11:34 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Talking OH BOY!

Hi again Everyone!

Last time we saw most of you I was feeling sick and very tired.....one of the downsides of early pregnancy. But I'm happy to announce that our newest little camper, Andrew John Lawrence, was born on December 17th. He weighed in at 9lbs 6oz and is doing just great. He's a cutie, if I do say so myself.

Looking forward to springtime and to introducing our youngest pride and joy to the wonderful world of camping. Hope you all had a happy holiday!

Tracy, Ron, Will, and Andy Lawrence
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:56 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Talking CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME BABY ANDREW !!!

Congratulations Tracy, Ron and Will on the arrival of Andrew. It looks like the A/S Forums has a brand new member! Looking forward to seeing you all .... at Mackinaw City? Hope so.

Again, best wishes to your family,

sue & ike
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 08:42 AM   #37

Fenton , Missouri
Congratulations Tracy! Wow it seems like its been forever since we all got together. Lots of changes for us all. Children, animals, Airstreams.....

Your awakening of this thread started the thoughts of summer and warm weather. The pictures really brought it all back. http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...ser=56&thumb=1

It won't be long now! Stay tuned for information about another Midwest rally. Once we hit January we will all need to seriously consider making some reservations.

Regards, and Happy Holidays!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-26-2003, 09:00 AM   #38
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Congratulations Tracy from Brandi and I too!

I got cabin fever! I'm ready!

Eric
Old 12-26-2003, 07:24 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
1969 29' Ambassador
Winthrop Harbor , Illinois
new "mini Airstreamer"

Congratulations Traci & Ron! Haley myself and the boys are very excited about the newest addition!! We all look forward to meeting up with your family on the next Midwest Rally.

Happy Holidays to all!

It was great to see a posting from the Midwest Rally bunch.

Curtis & Haley
It's always Monday morning,
until it's Friday night - 1985
Cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 09:34 PM   #40
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I almost don't believe it...Cottage...is it really you?

Eric