Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2003, 06:40 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Darn it! I have to attend my cousin's wedding that weekend. I hope next time around I can join you. I'm in Indianapolis, and would love to meet some fellow A/S owners in the midwest. And we have never been to any kind of rally, so this one sounds like a perfect place to start - low key, even WITH a Toga :-)

Have fun and let us know how it goes.
"Mod-Pod" - '77 Argosy Minuet 6.0
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:04 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
1969 29' Ambassador
Winthrop Harbor , Illinois
Thumbs up Midwest Rally

My buddy (Argosy-1) has sent my reservation in. I will be arriving around midnight. I can't wait to meet some folks with the same illness as me (Airstreamin')!!
Curtis
Cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:12 PM   #23
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Just got P45 in the mail this afternoon!

See you all there.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:09 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
Talking

I just got my 3 site for the rally they are A6, A7, and P42 see you all there
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:53 PM   #25

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally posted by Argosy-1
I just got my 3 site for the rally they are A6, A7, and P42 see you all there
I just looked at the campground maps and the A sites are right across the road from the P sites that we reserved. So far everybody is together.

For those of you still thinking, we are about 6 weeks away from the rally. Those of you who haven't made your reservations need to start the process. Click on the link below by my name to get your reservation form. Be sure to mark "Airstream Group" on the form. This will get you a site within our group.

Keep in mind that the cancellation policy is fairly liberal and at $11 per night you can't find anything much cheaper. Be sure you sanitize your fresh water tank since you will need to use that for water purposes. There are fresh water hookups around the campgrounds and if we all bring enough hose, we might be able to get water to your parked trailer if you run low. There is a dump station available so you will be able to dump upon departure.

Come see the faces and the voices behind the text!

Let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 01:37 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Midwest Rally Announcement

Greetings All!

Just a quick note about potential route problems for those who might be approaching the rally site from the West/Northwest. If you are considering following I-74 East from Davenport, IA; be prepared for some major delays as there will be repairs at both the I-74 Mississippi River Bridge as well as at the Rock River Bridge near Rock Island and Moline, IL. The lanes are narrowed to the extent that I have avoided them my last two trips out with the Overlander and during the day the delays can be quite extensive (I live 30 miles South of Rock Island). I-280 from Davenport to Rock Island/Moline doesn't help in this case as it is also under major repair; and its intersection with I-74 may be suject to periodic closure with local road detours if the process proceeds as it did last summer. Also be forewarned that I-74 through Peoria is under MAJOR construction this summer and extensive delays are likely - - the I-474 alternate, however, is evidently going to be free of major repairs this summer (this route avoids all of the I-74 construction areas in Peoria). When I drove through the area yesterday, they were just beginning to setup construction barricades on both the East and West bound lanes of I-74 to the East of Bloomington/Normal so there is a high probability that this area may pose some difficulty as well (I will report what I find when making the trip through the area again in about three weeks.)

If approaching from the South on I-57, be prepared for some delays through construction zones on several bridges between Effingham, IL and Champaign, IL. The lanes in the construction zone are wide enough, but are VERY rough and at least two of them are uneven enough to pitch my Suburban about without the trailer at 10 MPH below the posted construction zone speed limit.

I can't report anything about conditions on I-39, I-55, or I-57 (North of Champaign); but thought this information might be useful to some who are planning to attend. I am planning my route to avoid the Interstates (IL - 17 West to I-39 S (less than 30 miles on the Interstate); then US 24 E to a point where I can get a South bound highway to the park).

Will be Walbernizing the Overlander this weekend and beginning preparations to attend the Rally.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 01:57 PM   #27

Fenton , Missouri
Thanks much for the highway post Kevin. Keep us in the loop regarding road conditions. Since I'm coming from the south I was considering I57 but I may stay with I55 at this point. I'll also do a construction check with AAA prior to departure.

Even though I have been out once this year I haven't dewinterized my fresh water tank. I probably will be doing that this weekend prior to heading out for for the region 8 rally next week.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 04-22-2003, 02:02 PM   #28
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Kevin,

Good points. Here is a link to the Illinios Department of Transportation:

http://www.dot.state.il.us/

This site it has most if not all the projects currently on the books. For those in the Chicagoland area, you can also get traffic estimated times as well on the local expressways.

Regards,

Eric
Old 05-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #29
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Looked all alone, so I am getting the post back into the mainstream.

Anyone else gonna be able to make it?

TTT.

Eric
Old 05-03-2003, 10:16 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
5 weeks and counting untill the Midwest rally
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 09:46 PM   #31
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I am real interested in meeting all of you.

Eric
Old 05-05-2003, 12:46 PM   #32

Fenton , Missouri
As many of you all know, I think Silvertwinkie has probably amassed more posts in his short time as a member of these forms than any other person has in the same time frame.

The question is though, does he talk as fast as he writes? The only way to find out is to attend the Midwest Forum Rally on June 6, 7, and 8th.

Time is passing fast and you need to get your reservation in to assure your spot in the campground. Even if you aren't sure, you can cancel up to 3 days prior and only lose $5. But what the heck, we want to see those faces behind your prose.....and your A/S too!

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-05-2003, 02:34 PM   #33
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I never really looked at it that way. Just typed away.

At any rate, I'm not telling, so you'll just have to see for yourselves by coming the the rally.

Regards,

Eric
Old 05-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

Talking Hey, we might just do it!

Eric and all others: I'm going to ask Tom tonight if we can get to this rally. We're dying to meet some other A/S folks. We do have camping plans the following weekend, but what the heck. I'll get back to you soon. I just ran a map and we're only about4 1/2 hours away. We'd have to come up early Saturday, since Tom has to work until 10:30 p.m. Friday night. But that would give us all day Saturday and most the day Sunday.

I'll let you know!

Cherie
KY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:31 PM   #35
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I hope you'll be able to make it!
I'll keep my fingers crossed, might slow down my typing, but I'll do it just the same!

Eric
Old 05-07-2003, 04:46 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
might slow down my typing, but I'll do it just the same!
From what I've been reading here, that isn't very likely!

Cherie
KY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 07:47 PM   #37
Rivet Master

made our reservations

We sent in our reservations last week...hoping to see other MH owners attend if possible. We have two kids...does anyone else in the AS group that is attending. Kids usually have no trouble finding new "bestest" friends at any campground we attend though.

I'm planning on leaving St. Louis Friday morning (9:30a.m.ish) after rush hour.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 08:16 PM   #38
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
It looks like 7 are on the books and we have 2 that might attend.

This is really going to be neat!

Eric
Old 05-08-2003, 07:28 AM   #39

Fenton , Missouri
Re: made our reservations

Quote:
Originally posted by zamboni
We sent in our reservations last week...hoping to see other MH owners attend if possible. We have two kids...does anyone else in the AS group that is attending. Kids usually have no trouble finding new "bestest" friends at any campground we attend though.

I'm planning on leaving St. Louis Friday morning (9:30a.m.ish) after rush hour.
Looks like checkout is 3:00 P.M. so be aware if you get there too early, you may have to wait for incumbent campers to pull out. I'll probably try to schedule my arrival around 2 PM so you will be blazing the trail ahead of me. We probably will be on the road about 10:30 or 11:00.

Post your site when you get your confirmation. So far they have kept us next to and across from each other. Anyone else making reservations be sure to write "Airstream Group" on your form to make sure they assign you a spot close to us.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-08-2003, 07:59 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

Question for Zamboni?

Z man ... what are the ages of your kid(S) ??

I have two of my own 7 y/o boy and 10 y/o girl that could use some entertainment (besides me).

Dave
airstreamcaravel is offline   Reply With Quote