Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #1101
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
No.
I know you are a pack rat like me!
Maybe not as much of a pack rat but still a pack rat!
Now see here Lou - I would not be calling me a Pack Rat....I can Pack em and I have seen a few rats in my day but a "Pack Rat" I am not....

I have organized chaos where I live, I have no idea where any of the Airstream parts are and some have been mixed in with others...in your case you specifically know where everything is and do not let it go - that is the truest sense of a pack rat

I can say that my gift to some very lucky indeed recipient is less than 6 months old! and in that case is newer than the stuff people will be silly enough to go and buy off the shelf new for this Rally....

I of course would love to donate a brand new Airstream for the Rally but.....until you all sort out your pigs from your chickens, oldies from rap crap, missing flamingos, flicks from Disney, mud vs jello wrestling involving two very civilized and respected women in the Airstreaming Community I would say -----beggers can not be choosers.....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #1102
Rivet Master

Raffle ideas!

I am still looking to get some more raffle ideas for this weekend.
We will have a chicken or two for the raffle too!

Right now we have the following:
1 - set of brand new BAL stabilizer jacks
1 - tool tote
2 - smoked chickens
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #1103
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I am still looking to get some more raffle ideas for this weekend.
We will have a chicken or two for the raffle too!

Right now we have the following:
1 - set of brand new BAL stabilizer jacks
1 - tool tote
2 - smoked chickens
I know just everyone throw in their pink slips for either trailer or TV - that way I will be able to go home with either a cool new car or a cool new trailer!!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:05 PM   #1104
1 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Royal Oak , Michigan
grass lake rally

hey all -

it has been a while since i have been on-line so i don't know if this has been discussed yet....are we having a pot-luck at all this weekend? If so, what do we need to bring?

also, are there hook-ups of any kind in the group camping area?

sherri and i should be there by 6-7 on Friday night

see you all there!

Robert - Sherri - Claude.
RetroPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #1105
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
We will be bringing a large grill to put over the campfire for the hot dogs or anything else.
We are bringing some texas toast for french toast.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #1106
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPalace
hey all -

it has been a while since i have been on-line so i don't know if this has been discussed yet....are we having a pot-luck at all this weekend? If so, what do we need to bring?

also, are there hook-ups of any kind in the group camping area?

sherri and i should be there by 6-7 on Friday night

see you all there!

Robert - Sherri - Claude.
Hey guys! Long time no see!
There is a potluck breakfast/brunch scheduled for Saturday morning. There is also a potluck dinner scheduled for Saturday evening.
Bring what you want to bring to both.
We are also having a weenie roast Friday evening. There are several of us bringing hot dogs, buns, chili and condiments. Bring your own beverage and an appetite!
We will be arriving Thursday in the wee hours of the morning.
See you there!
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #1107
Rivet Master

Schedule of events...

I will be handing out a small list with the schedule of events, etc... It wll not be anything extraordinary.
If you have something you would like listed please let me know. If you have a yard game that you will set up or something you would like to invite people to at your trailer/motorhome, (cannot leave Buck and Grace out), this would be a good time to let me know that you want it included.
I would like to put all of the attendees names and trailer types, year, etc.... on another list too.
If everyone could provide me with an email that gives your names and trailer information I will work on that today and tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:38 PM   #1108
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
We will be bringing a large grill to put over the campfire for the hot dogs or anything else.
Thank goodness!
I was worried about how I was gonna heat my weenie!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #1109
4 Rivet Member

White Lake , Michigan
Your weenie does not require a lot of heat according to Candie
Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #1110
4 Rivet Member

White Lake , Michigan
You can include our motorhome in your tour. We don't know which one yet.
We will be arriving in the afternoon of friday and would like hookups if possible.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #1111
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
I'm not the maybe man

Hello everyone, I will be there. As I've never been to a rally how kid friendly are they for 3 and 6 yr olds. The children may come to. I'll see you all this weekend. I don't mind being of the beaten path if thats the case I just need elec. Thanks Robert
bertro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #1112
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Just toss the kids into Lou's Airstream he has so many he will never notice another 2 kids...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM   #1113
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertro
Hello everyone, I will be there. As I've never been to a rally how kid friendly are they for 3 and 6 yr olds. The children may come to. Thanks Robert
Hi Robert, it is a kid friendly rally. There is a swimming pool on the campground near the rally site, also there is at least one nice playground (we visited one there may be more). Our son is 5 and there are other kids coming in the same age group too. Last year our son had a great time at the rally and is counting sleeps til this one. The group site is nice as its separate and everyone is in a large circle so its easier to watch the kids play and there's less traffic to be concerned with.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #1114
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
[quote=bertro]Hello everyone, I will be there. As I've never been to a rally how kid friendly are they for 3 and 6 yr olds. The children may come to. My children are Hannah-9, DJ-, and Rebekah-22 months and they wouldn't miss it for anything. I actually have to pick them up at Grandma's house that is 4 hours away because they don't want to miss it. But I do like the idea of throwing them in Lou's trailer. Hey Lou, let's make your trailer the new kids bunk house!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #1115
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Info for list

Hey Lou,

Here's our information:
Derek and Renee Theil
Portage, MI
1964 Tradewind named Felix

You'll be able to tell us apart from the crowd....aside from the newly painted stone guard, we haven't done anything to the outside of Felix. All our efforts have been put to the interior.

We'll be in on Friday somewhere around 8PM or so.
dnrtheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #1116
Rivet Master

Quote:
Your weenie does not require a lot of heat according to Candie
My weenie needs heat. Lots of heat. I need to get my weenie really hot and then slap some ketchup and mustard on it.
If you look in the package of weenies you will see that they are all the same size.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #1117
Rivet Master

Quote:
You can include our motorhome in your tour. We don't know which one yet.
We will be arriving in the afternoon of friday and would like hookups if possible.
No problem.
I just need your last name.
Right now you are only known as "Buck the old man with two big motorhomes"...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #1118
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertro
Hello everyone, I will be there. As I've never been to a rally how kid friendly are they for 3 and 6 yr olds. The children may come to. I'll see you all this weekend. I don't mind being of the beaten path if thats the case I just need elec. Thanks Robert
Robert,
John and I were just talking about you earlier this evening!
I have two kids, Rhonda and Dave must be housing a family of adopted Chinese kids because they seem to mulitply during the rally, Steph has a little boy and I am not sure of the rest. There will always be something for the kids to do. They can always poke Buck with sticks to see if he is still alive.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #1119
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Just toss the kids into Lou's Airstream he has so many he will never notice another 2 kids...
Geez, I only have two.
Although, since they are my kids they do seem to be a little "larger than life".
Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #1120
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
My children are Hannah-9, DJ-, and Rebekah-22 months and they wouldn't miss it for anything. I actually have to pick them up at Grandma's house that is 4 hours away because they don't want to miss it. But I do like the idea of throwing them in Lou's trailer. Hey Lou, let's make your trailer the new kids bunk house!
Poor DJ is "no years old"....
Kids love Lou! That is why they do not want to miss it!
As for throwing them into my trailer... You and Dave have a bigger trailer. I nominate yours as the kid bunkhouse!