Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #961
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Also, she would like to know how many are coming to the pig roast and potluck? ..... Also, Lou's chickens are heaven, is anyone else bringing a meat dish? I intend to do my dutch oven chocolate cake again.

Now, what about Friday?
Hmmm lets ponder on that one a while -

I am going to this Rally to hmmm I think it is to meet the people on the Rally list could it be maybe????

so what the heck would I want to mingle with a bunch of people in MI that I don't even know

So count me in for the CC baby - Chicken and Chocolate the keys to my heart!!!

Friday what about it - is there ever a Friday in the week - not sure might want to check with CJ - the worldly one....as with her new outlook I just may have to conceed that Canadian Flag real quick or I could be the new sunday Morning ritual - Peter has here - oh yeah ask him - ...Sunday morning pancakes without fail!!! No wait - it is just a Saturday night blow up doll the henkle knife will do just fine...

Talk to me after the weekend on the status of Friday night
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #962
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
I would bring the buns, but I probably won't get there till after 8.... So, how about if I bring about 4 dozen baked goods for Sat morning? I'm thinking krispy kreme assortment.

Hey Lou, if available, put my name on a chicken please!

If I bring a dutch oven dish to prepare, will there be a fire ring to share or should I pack charcoal & fire supplies?

Thanks!
You can use your fire ring at your site, or Dan (Crowbar) and Airpyro also cook with DOs. As will I. So if you want, we can piggy back ovens. I'm bring two and making two chocolate cakes. I will use charcoal in my fire ring probably.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #963
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
We can bring a big package of Costco hotdogs. How does that sound?
If someone else can bring the buns and someone else can bring the condiments we would be all set! What about a grill to cook them on?
Sounds good! Last year we just used sticks to cook the dogs over the fire. We have some from WalMart that are really just twisted coat hangers I think. We'll bring Ketsup, and maybe chop an onion.

Anyone else volunteering hot dog buns?

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #964
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Hey sorry folks just been a bit pre-occupied hmm lets see - WITH MYSELF LATELY

just sent john a PM...

I am coming just don't know in what yet??? or with whom??? but that is a Woman's best trait - to keep everyone around her including herself in total suspense!!!!!! The spice of life - and you people thought it was all about "mud wrestling and finding Judy or was that Rudy???" oh heck just pass me a cold one stick me in a chair and feed me if I go pale or start to nod will ya....

Okay someone give me the SHORT VERSION OF THAT COP STORY WILL YA I am not good at speed reading a billion posts to catch up....

Who is a cop and cop of a Dad cop and cops'r'us and all that and what do ya mean we have to behave!!! I ain't going in no forest - only CJ does that to get wood at 3:00am in the morning - or she is out shooting something - maybe squirrel or possom for the next days potluck maybe...

But I see her white flag...so she is putting on her goodie two shoes for the weekend - good thing fellas - would have been quite the match....maybe if I push her she might stray a bit then you all can go on a Bone Crusher hunt...

10,000 views WOW no wonder - I had to do at least 9999 of them just to catch up!

hate to break it to ya but no one other than a canuck can fill a canuck void - lets just get that straight now - I would hate for any of my nice henkles to go astray - Lou you might want to get that butcher safety netting out....

Oh by the way very cool VAN - did you get it yet??? Blue is okay too - I only say that because I may have to ride in one for a spell and do not wish to rock the boat on colours....but Charcol Grey Rocks!!!!

Anything else I need to up date you all on....Oh yes can't remember all the names of you new daring folk that have decided to embark on this fine upstanding about to happen but once in a life time Rally - I am rared up to give you a big ol'e canuk -tink tink. Just don't sit by me as I have been known to push people off their lawn chairs very unexpectedly....

If you go back a couple pages, i wraped everything into one post.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #965
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'll be bringing hotdogs and buns but then I don't know when I will be arriving.

Dan B where have you been all my life!? "I'm thinking krispy kreme assortment." Breakfast is about noon right?

I'll vouch for Sharon's words here, be forewarned!, "Just don't sit by me as I have been known to push people off their lawn chairs very unexpectedly...."

Perhaps the potluck times could be different from each other a bit, or perhaps I will just ask Marie to make me a plate and hold it for me, I can put that with my whole chicken, (yeah, me and Scarlet O'Hara have this sensitivity about caloric value) by God I swear I will never go hungry again.LOL Hey life's a challenge when you won't cook for yourself...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #966
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
.... I will just ask Marie to make me a plate and hold it for me....
Hey you just might have something of value there girl - as I have the same issue - not sure if anyone noticed at the last rally - I suffered through cold breakfast and then had to force both down - cause I don't do food at the end of the day - seriously that is the end of the day as my day just starts at 11:00am

Just ask Annie and Marvin how many Rally breakfasts Peter and I actually made without being left with the crumbs and the crapy cereal ....There is so much FOOD at these rallies... And Yet we find it strangely odd that there are not more emphasis on brunches!!! or at least go straight to the lunch time... what is wrong with you people out there - stay in bed a little longer and catch some more moon rays will ya......and don't knock on my trailer before 10 or I will press the button at the door! I will give you an extra hour - as I will take from 10-11 to actually wake up!!!

Okay so is anyone making a big potato Salad - cause I make a real nice one and I could do it up in Rally assembly line fashion - I would do it on the State side so it would be real nice and freshhhhhhh!!!! of course....I know it sounds boring but what the heck to expect from us people that live in Igloos 3/4 of the year!!!

Just be thankful I am not offering to bring whale fat salad from our winters catch...C.J's avatar sort of blew my apetite for that specialty....
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #967
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
I would bring the buns, but I probably won't get there till after 8.... So, how about if I bring about 4 dozen baked goods for Sat morning? I'm thinking krispy kreme assortment.

Hey Lou, if available, put my name on a chicken please!

If I bring a dutch oven dish to prepare, will there be a fire ring to share or should I pack charcoal & fire supplies?

Thanks!
I think we should do a "potluck style" breakfast! Anyone wants to eat breakfast bring it on out to the community tables and chow down! If you have something to share bring it along to the table too!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #968
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey Lou,

I'll bring coney sauce, mustard, and onions just in case anyone wants to try hot dogs Detroit style on Friday night...

Well to avoid any fowlness over organic free range amish raised fried flamingo Dave will make his tarheel country fried steak and gravy with white rice, and I'll bring homemade bread for the potluck Saturday. Are we cool now Ralphie??

I think we'll pass on the pig roast/band and stay on the rally side. Btw we were going to bring some kid dvds for Sam on Sat eve, kids and their adults are welcome we'd have it set up outside our trailer probably "Cars" or "monsters inc" along that line.
Tell Dave that I am down for some country fried steak!
Also, I am staying this side of the potluck fence too. My two little ones would not eat much anyway.
As for the DVD idea that is AWESOME! You know that my two little ones will be right there with Sam!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #969
Rivet Master

Quote:
I'd order one Lou but I would probably have to share it with the guard at the gate to get back in....next thing we will LPPI sydrom in Chickens and the borders will be shut down for all chicke and it's uses including the use of rubber chickens in photos and other mud wreslting techniques....

But I'll eat one there and in my travels... if I take a week to get home again I just might need one to survive the trip with
So, are you saying you want one chicken for yourself?
Right now I am looking at
Carol - 1
Harold - 1
Dan - 1

If you order one then you gotta pay for it. If you free load off of one at the potluck it is free!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #970
Rivet Master

Quote:
Hey you just might have something of value there girl - as I have the same issue - not sure if anyone noticed at the last rally - I suffered through cold breakfast and then had to force both down - cause I don't do food at the end of the day - seriously that is the end of the day as my day just starts at 11:00am

Just ask Annie and Marvin how many Rally breakfasts Peter and I actually made without being left with the crumbs and the crapy cereal ....There is so much FOOD at these rallies... And Yet we find it strangely odd that there are not more emphasis on brunches!!! or at least go straight to the lunch time... what is wrong with you people out there - stay in bed a little longer and catch some more moon rays will ya......and don't knock on my trailer before 10 or I will press the button at the door! I will give you an extra hour - as I will take from 10-11 to actually wake up!!!

Okay so is anyone making a big potato Salad - cause I make a real nice one and I could do it up in Rally assembly line fashion - I would do it on the State side so it would be real nice and freshhhhhhh!!!! of course....I know it sounds boring but what the heck to expect from us people that live in Igloos 3/4 of the year!!!

Just be thankful I am not offering to bring whale fat salad from our winters catch...C.J's avatar sort of blew my apetite for that specialty....
Potato salad sounds AWESOME!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #971
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I'm changing my mushrooms to Italian Delight pasta. I think after today's weather it might be a bit hot to be broiling at the rally. I know... if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen...exactly

I'll also have my usual supply of precooked bacon or sausage and plenty of eggs with me. Anyone have a tabletop burner they are bringing? I think a nice "cook your own" station in place might be the way to go for the late bloomers.

photography
Old 07-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #972
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Hey sorry folks just been a bit pre-occupied hmm lets see - WITH MYSELF LATELY

just sent john a PM...

I am coming just don't know in what yet??? or with whom??? but that is a Woman's best trait - to keep everyone around her including herself in total suspense!!!!!! The spice of life - and you people thought it was all about "mud wrestling and finding Judy or was that Rudy???" oh heck just pass me a cold one stick me in a chair and feed me if I go pale or start to nod will ya....

Okay someone give me the SHORT VERSION OF THAT COP STORY WILL YA I am not good at speed reading a billion posts to catch up....

Who is a cop and cop of a Dad cop and cops'r'us and all that and what do ya mean we have to behave!!! I ain't going in no forest - only CJ does that to get wood at 3:00am in the morning - or she is out shooting something - maybe squirrel or possom for the next days potluck maybe...

But I see her white flag...so she is putting on her goodie two shoes for the weekend - good thing fellas - would have been quite the match....maybe if I push her she might stray a bit then you all can go on a Bone Crusher hunt...

10,000 views WOW no wonder - I had to do at least 9999 of them just to catch up!

hate to break it to ya but no one other than a canuck can fill a canuck void - lets just get that straight now - I would hate for any of my nice henkles to go astray - Lou you might want to get that butcher safety netting out....

Oh by the way very cool VAN - did you get it yet??? Blue is okay too - I only say that because I may have to ride in one for a spell and do not wish to rock the boat on colours....but Charcol Grey Rocks!!!!

Anything else I need to up date you all on....Oh yes can't remember all the names of you new daring folk that have decided to embark on this fine upstanding about to happen but once in a life time Rally - I am rared up to give you a big ol'e canuk -tink tink. Just don't sit by me as I have been known to push people off their lawn chairs very unexpectedly....
Did she say Fine and Upstanding?? Us?? Who?? Why??? and How???I think she has the wrong Rally and group..
Old 07-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #973
Rivet Master

I think we are all fine, upstanding..... crazy people!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #974
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I think we are all fine, upstanding..... crazy people!
Well sometimes I'm not upstanding, sometimes I am fallin' down...but that's another story...she pushed me!

photography
Old 07-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #975
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Or was it recipe C.J.?????????????
Old 07-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #976
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Holy S**t
Been away for a while and the thread continues to deteriorate. Can I get an AMEN on that? And we thought the WBCCI was screwed up. Must be all that aluminum that does that. Glad my unit is made out of fiberglass, even if it isn't a real Airstream.
See you at Apple Creek.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #977
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
Holy S**t
Been away for a while and the thread continues to deteriorate. Can I get an AMEN on that? And we thought the WBCCI was screwed up. Must be all that aluminum that does that. Glad my unit is made out of fiberglass, even if it isn't a real Airstream.
See you in Apple Creek.

Hey I got a couple of 80's excella emblems you could slap on that little puppy
Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #978
Rivet Master

Well Buck....
I will not be "in" Apple Creek....
I will be "at" Apple Creek!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #979
Rivet Master

Quote:
Hey I got a couple of 80's excella emblems you could slap on that little puppy
BLASPHEMER!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #980
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Did she say Fine and Upstanding?? Us?? Who?? Why??? and How???I think she has the wrong Rally and group..
yes I see I will have to give some ettiquite classes for sure - who are your refrering to she!

That is LadyB at your service....