Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #2521
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Yes Dave and Ralph I did say "AXLES" U heard right. I knew when I looked at it that it was gonna need axles.They are at 0 now and I dont want to damage the trailer. I have already contacted Andy and when I say the word(an pays the money) he will send me a pickup slip to get them at the factory and save me the freight. I have a 14ft flat I use for lawnmowers that I will go pick them up with.
Hummm felix had an idea but We are in trouble already "WE DONT DRINK" Wonder how RubyRed Grapefruit Juice(bring your own Vodka) would go over?
Well we got a head start on the season last week, new Tires on the TV, That was fun.NOT!
Gonna try and be ready. Wife continues to work even thought she is offically retired.Our attendance will hinge mainly on her schedule.
Lets see how it goes.
Thanks for the invite.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #2522
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Then Lou started getting the 05 rally going and this has taken on a life of its own, in just two years. Pretty impressive. 08 should be fun!
I guess I just have a magnetic personality!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #2523
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Nope in this club it dont matter Rog. Where ya been??? I will check out Hell's Campground soon..Im not sure what its like but the little town is a blast!!! Its real close to me,,,
We checked it out last year. We discussed it at last year's potluck dinner.
It is a horse camp. We have some members that had allergy problems with horses. I, myself, have a smell problem with horses.
Andy, John and I sort of dreamt up the slogan "The LPPI Goes To Hell" last year. The problem is there are no good campgrounds around Hell, MI.
I would rather drive a little further south and do something around Dundee.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #2524
Rivet Master

Quote:
Nope in this club it dont matter Rog. Where ya been??? I will check out Hell's Campground soon..Im not sure what its like but the little town is a blast!!! Its real close to me,,,
I am actually anti-WBCCI!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #2525
Rivet Master

Quote:
Yikes. Not sure how we'd make more than four or five units before falling over.
I think Shelly and I could make it! As long as she carries the wine bottles!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #2526
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well Lou, my father said he knew where there was a good campground there, let him check before we bail on it. And why are you anti WBCCI?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #2527
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
And why are you anti WBCCI?
Suffice it to say that I will not be joining the WBCCI anytime soon.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #2528
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
We checked it out last year. We discussed it at last year's potluck dinner.
It is a horse camp. We have some members that had allergy problems with horses. I, myself, have a smell problem with horses.
Andy, John and I sort of dreamt up the slogan "The LPPI Goes To Hell" last year. The problem is there are no good campgrounds around Hell, MI.
I would rather drive a little further south and do something around Dundee.
Yeah Lou I remember the chat about it.. I still wanna check it out and see if there is a week when no horses will be there.. Also there is alot of lakes in that area and I can see if there is any others around. Waterloo area may have some...
Old 02-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #2529
Rivet Master

Quote:
Yeah Lou I remember the chat about it.. I still wanna check it out and see if there is a week when no horses will be there.. Also there is alot of lakes in that area and I can see if there is any others around. Waterloo area may have some...
Something with a lake would be cool. We had that at Covenant Hills for the 1st rally.
I really do not want to go back to Apple Creek. The group area is nice but still short on amenities. My degrees are in electrical engineering and it didn't take those to figure out that you will pop breakers when you hook up your trailer to a 20A circuit that has a 30A receptacle and turn on your A/C and run your fridge!
I am not opposed to going to Hell. My mother says that I am going to Hell if I do not change my ways.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #2530
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Hi All

Any idea when we are talking about going to hell? I am not looking for an exact weekend, just a general idea of when this much anticipated event will take place. I've got a lot of work ahead of me in order to get airstream ready. Who needs plumbing anyway?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #2531
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.PenAir
Any idea when we are talking about going to hell? I am not looking for an exact weekend, just a general idea of when this much anticipated event will take place. I've got a lot of work ahead of me in order to get airstream ready. Who needs plumbing anyway?
Hello to dah UP, eh?
Just to let you know, my family is spread out all over the Copper Country and in Munising! I used to go the the Munising/AuTrain July 4th parade!
The last three rallies have been held in August.
The first one was the weekend before Labor Day.
The next two were held the first weekend of August.
It would most likely be the end of July or early August. Some of us have been stretching the weekend into a four or five day stay. It always seems to go by way too fast!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #2532
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
What do you think of October? Or perhaps we could have a "Let's get Jess' Airstream moving" rally? It would have to be in my yard! That's not such a bad thing...the U.P. is a beautiful place. Maybe Rog could bring a couple axels up my way. This is starting to sound like a fine idea!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #2533
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Aug is good for me, we have a WBCCI rally in July, so we wouldnt be able to make it if it was in July
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #2534
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
What do you think of October? Or perhaps we could have a "Let's get Jess' Airstream moving" rally? It would have to be in my yard! That's not such a bad thing...the U.P. is a beautiful place. Maybe Rog could bring a couple axels up my way. This is starting to sound like a fine idea!
Driveway camping in the UP sounds wonderful. Or is there a campground close to you? And I still like the idea of Alpena where Buck suggested too. Maybe we can put up a poll eventually. I went to the basement rally and I think all the women voted waterside but the men got weighted voting, I think.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #2535
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Why yes Carol, Gitchee Gumee campground is only 2 miles down the road. It looks like a pretty nice place. It's right across from the public beaches on Lake Superior. Lou could visit family!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #2536
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Why yes Carol, Gitchee Gumee campground is only 2 miles down the road. It looks like a pretty nice place. It's right across from the public beaches on Lake Superior. Lou could visit family!
OMG..Im dying over here after that one...If we wanted him to do that we would look for a campground closer to the zoo...
Old 02-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #2537
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Quote:
If we wanted him to do that we would look for a campground closer to the zoo...
OUCH!!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #2538
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Oh I thought it would be close to the insane asylum!!!!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #2539
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
HELL!!!!! Lets all go to HELL!!
I'll bring the handbasket..........
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #2540
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Yikes. Not sure how we'd make more than four or five units before falling over.
hmmmmm.........maybe it needs to be a three day open house??
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote