Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #81
Rivet Master

15 and counting!

Well, we have had a few more join the rally list.
I want to welcome all that have joined as of late. I will be posting your usernames on here to give you a more formal welcome when I am not soooooo tired and up sooooo late.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Kirk and Beth get tired of listening to me ramble on and on.... You never seem to tire of me though.... Hmmm....
Ohh Lou we never tire of you!!!
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #83
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Ohh Lou we never tire of you!!!
It looks like we will have more this year that I can try to get to tire of me!
We have 16 total and there are more that have not used the forum rally listing yet! YIPPEEE!!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #84
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
And I have two groups of people that have called me this week that I have to get back to yet. I'll be calling them tonite. I expect we will hit 20 by the 4th.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Is the rally for All Airstream

Is the rally for all airstreams, including motor homes, I just made resevation at Apple Creek for a Caravel and for a friend that has a Airstream motor home. According to Apple Creek there are only 2 sites left.
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #86
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie
Is the rally for all airstreams, including motor homes, I just made resevation at Apple Creek for a Caravel and for a friend that has a Airstream motor home. According to Apple Creek there are only 2 sites left.
Anyone is welcome. You do not even need an Airstream or Argosy. My buddy may be coming and he is in a pop-up! Oh no! There goes the neighborhood!
Are you in the group site?
John - What are the specifics? I would like to do a registration form that will give us all the information for the rally, (i.e. names, trailer year and model, city, state or province, wants to camp next to Lou).....
Old 06-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Lou,

we just got back from camping up in the thumb and at Traverse City, and the I'm now on travel for work and my internet connectity is bad. I need to call Applecreek and make sre I understand how this is going to work but suffice to say for the moment that reservations are made by signing up on the link or emailing or phone Lou or myself.

I don't understand what's with Toastie's call to the campground. We know how many we have and they don't have a count from me yet. I'm certain there's a miscommunication. I'll call them either tomorrow or Friday to make sure we're square.

Toastie and all others, in the mean time, use the Rally link ere in the forum to say that you're going and that will hold a spot for you.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:31 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
I expect that Toastie made a reservation in the regular sites area of the park.
Al
ps: still looking forward to the form.
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:21 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
apple creek

I did sign up thru the forum and called that number that was posted and nobody returned my call, I did make reservations with Apple Creek for the Irish Hills Rally for me and a friend, 2 spots.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:23 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Lou,

we just got back from camping up in the thumb and at Traverse City, and the I'm now on travel for work and my internet connectity is bad. I need to call Applecreek and make sre I understand how this is going to work but suffice to say for the moment that reservations are made by signing up on the link or emailing or phone Lou or myself.

I don't understand what's with Toastie's call to the campground. We know how many we have and they don't have a count from me yet. I'm certain there's a miscommunication. I'll call them either tomorrow or Friday to make sure we're square.

Toastie and all others, in the mean time, use the Rally link ere in the forum to say that you're going and that will hold a spot for you.
According to Apple Creek, they have only 2 sites left.........
Old 06-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #91
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Toastie (Steve), I did receive your call and I had just returned from vacation and then had to go on travel for work. I am back and have gotten all of the confusion cleared up. It seems that the campground thought I only wanted 20 of the 24 sites in the group area and some how were offering you two of those leftover four. They mentioned that they had talked to you and another person who has also called me this week (BTW, I have gotten three calls from people interested while I've been out of town, alot of catching up to do and the lawn was a foot high!) Anyway, long story short, I set them straight, we need all of the sites they have, you are on OUR list and DO have a spot, and now so does your Motor Home friend and I intend to have an attendee list up within about 24 hours from now, so we can get right where we're at. Thanks for letting us know about your conversation and sorry about not getting back to your!

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie
According to Apple Creek, they have only 2 sites left.........

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 06-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #92
Rivet Master

Just in case...

If anyone would like to call me feel free to contact me at: 586-604-6689 or 586-997-0147. I am at either of these two numbers 24/7.

John - How clear are we on a list of attendees? Do we have names? I am going to post a form on here no later than July 1st. I will post it in MS-Word format so the attendees can fill it out online and email it to me.

Sorry that John and I have been a little busy. We both have regular 9-5 jobs. I have my own engineering consulting biz that I do after that. John works on super-duper top secret military stuff!
Old 06-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
August Irish Hills Rally Attendee List

Here's our list so far:Total: 17 Signed up so far and one tenative!

Wow, can you believe that? And we don't have Terry, or Lou's brother or some others that have been hinted at that have not yet come forward. As of right now that leaves 6 spaces open in the group area. We can get nearby sites in the park proper if we need them, I have been told.

Lou, anyone? Are there obvious omissions on the list so far? Someone that has been mentioned that I have missed? Please let me know and I'll update the list.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 06-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #94
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Well, looks like I had better aget organizing! Let's start solidifying the schedule of events, try to have it wrapped up by say, the 5th of July? So far we are talking a potluck (Saturday), mixer/icebreaker on Friday, a raffle and or grab bag.

I intend to make some inquiries about sponsorships, so maybe we can get some interesting door prizes and gifts.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Look Who's Coming To Dinner!!!!

Sign us up - we are head'in out. Don't know which trailer we will be bringing but must have at least one good ole camp out this summer.

If the Hubby can get the time off - will be convoying with Happier Campers.

Just bought our new Tow vehicle - the V6 did such a great job with the Globe Trotter so we thought the GMC Tracker V4 would do fine with the Overlander.

You know us those crazy Cannucks..... specially with the gas prices today you can not beat this combo....
Attached Images

05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #96
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Attendee update

Since my last post we've gotten another two signups!

Here's the list:
That now puts us at 18 signed up and two tentative! I'm almost willing to call victory on my 20 by the 4th prediction!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-04-2006, 05:33 AM   #97
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
metro mania

ok, you can count me in. looking forward to meeting everybody. plan to be up their thurs. if all goes well. i will bring my dutch oven!

crowbar
crowbar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #98
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Well, then I'll bring mine too! I have a pretty mean chocolate caramel turtle cake that we made two weeks ago. Like to hear your favorite recipes.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
ok, you can count me in. looking forward to meeting everybody. plan to be up their thurs. if all goes well. i will bring my dutch oven!

crowbar

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:55 AM   #99
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
dutch oven

i'm just learning to cook w/ the ovens. i have some recipes and will bring my recipe book as well.

later...
crowbar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #100
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Chocolate caramel cake...mmmmmm! What fun, I love the chocolate food group, definitely important for daily smiles!
Can't wait to learn from the campfire cooks!
Wow time is just flying by, that's summer in Michigan for ya! We're counting down! Have a great week!