Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
Southern Comfort

Looking to meet up

I was curious, It appears that there are alot of Airstreamers always meeting up in the northeast and out west. I would like to see if there are a few Argosy MH owners down here in the Southeastern US that would like to meet up at some campground one day and trade stories and expertise. I would really like to see some of the other MH's and maybe get some ideas as to what I can do with mine. I know that we have a few newbies like me. That might like to participate. What do ya'll think?

Southern Comfort
Ray Pena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
1974 28' Argosy TT

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
occassionally head South

I am from the NE, however I occassionally visit the south east (SC) to see my folks. Maybe we could meet in say Myrtle Beach in 2006 (I will have to confirm with the wife of course). BTW I own a 1974 28' Argosy twin, pulled by a 1999 F250 SD Ext Cab with a 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize maiden voyage 2.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	12991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize maiden voyage 3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	12992  

Name:	Resize of maiden voyage 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	12993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of maiden voyage 5.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	12994  

Name:	Resize of maiden voyage 4.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	12995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of saved June 3rd 2005 006.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	12996  

Old 06-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Pena
I was curious, It appears that there are alot of Airstreamers always meeting up in the northeast and out west. I would like to see if there are a few Argosy MH owners down here in the Southeastern US that would like to meet up at some campground one day and trade stories and expertise. I would really like to see some of the other MH's and maybe get some ideas as to what I can do with mine. I know that we have a few newbies like me. That might like to participate. What do ya'll think?

Southern Comfort

We have done that before and can do it again. The most recent Forums Rally was at Blue Springs State park in Central Florida. We have also done a couple of MH rallies at Mystic Springs Airstream Park near Pensacola.

To quote a famous movie "if you build it they will come"

So when will the get together be? where do I reserve a site??
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
October 19 - 23rd

Come all, and we will discuss Argosies, Airstreams, Forums, whatever suits ya........
Myrtle Beach, Willowtree Rv resort, www.willowtreervr.com

I have my reservation, you got yours?
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #5
Southern Comfort

Well I guess we need to figure on a date and location. I didn't know that there were any forum rally's here in florida. I would really like make something happen before the year is out maybe some weekend in the fall when it's cooler, no mosquitos and no hurricanes. Please let me know what ideas are out there since I don't really know alot of the RV parks. Looking forward to a get together without having to drive 20 hours.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
Southern Comfort

Smily, Myrtle Beach sounds good, I will have to discuss it with my wife as that is the weekend of our Anniversary (15 years) boy does time fly when your having fun.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:53 AM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Pena
Well I guess we need to figure on a date and location. I didn't know that there were any forum rally's here in florida. I would really like make something happen before the year is out maybe some weekend in the fall when it's cooler, no mosquitos and no hurricanes. Please let me know what ideas are out there since I don't really know alot of the RV parks. Looking forward to a get together without having to drive 20 hours.
There has been some discussion about a forum rally in the southern part of the state, at one of the state or federal parks here. So far, we have 4 people definitely interested, you would make 5. Possible dates would be around end of September, to mid- October.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:07 AM   #8
Southern Comfort

End of September or Mid October in a Florida State Park, you can count me in. Any preferences as to which state park. I will try to do some homework on a good place.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #9
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
There are several

There is a county park at the extreme South end of Pinellas County, called Fort Desoto park, there are two federal parks down in the South Central part of the state, called Ortona, and Franklin Locks. If you want to meet up further East, and still South, there is a county park in South Bay, about 10 miles East of Clewiston. Each place has its good features, I like South Bay because it has cable hookups.
Franklin Locks has a boat area, if you want to bring your boat along with you, Ortona is also right on the Caloosahatchee river, with fishing, but no boating, and is ablout a mile from the secondary road, so it is very quiet, and in the off-season (now) it is about $8/night. Fort Desoto has the fort to tour, as well as fishing, swimming, and boating, and is about 10 miles from St. Petersburg.
There are of course, other parks, but our trailer will not have new axles by then, and I would like to limit its travels until it gets them.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:35 AM   #10
Southern Comfort

Hey Terry, I heard that Fort Desoto Park is pretty nice, that would work. My current boat consist of a 12ft. canoe with a 9hp on it. I originally used it down in the Everglades "1000 island area" when I was a tent camper. I like the idea of the St. Pete area, I have never had a chances to really check it out. My parents live in Land-O-Lakes but I'm alway busy fixing something at the house for them so I don't get out much. Let start look for a good date. I think this would be fun. I'll have to borrow my buddy's Karoke Machine for the late night howl at the moon session.

Southern Comfort
Ray
Old 06-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Looks like many spots open for September 24-25 there. Camping is $25/night, I am trying for a site on the water, that is easy to back in (yeah, right). Karaoke not necessary. Reservations here:
http://pubtitlet.co.pinellas.fl.us/p.../ParksMain.jsp
Old 06-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
There is also our 4th Forums Rally in Georgia, in October, check the rally section for the info. We always get a few MOHo's and 10-20 units or more.Lots of fun, music, info sharing and food.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:41 PM   #13
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
There is also our 4th Forums Rally in Georgia, in October, check the rally section for the info. We always get a few MOHo's and 10-20 units or more.Lots of fun, music, info sharing and food.
Alan, before we get too much going in this thread, maybe it could be moved to the Rally area, instead of the MoHo area. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #14
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Who's in charge - Terry?

OK, lets get it together. Who's in charge? (I am not volunteering)

Are we going to get a section to ourselves? A cluster of aluminum?

Do we make our own reservations & become scattered?
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote