Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #121
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Airesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
LOL tiarias! We'd all be royal highnesses. : )

Well mittens you will wander everywhere...I love the UP, we are in the thumb.

I hope I don't get snapped for this. My mother would have said (and did) "royal hine-ass" ! I hadn't remembered that one - thanks for sparking the memory!!

Wheel, you're in the thumb and we're in the middle of the mitt near Clare. We could tiara shop together!! I'm getting to like that tiara idea Oh girlfriends, this is gonna be fun ...and we don't even know where we're going yet!

IMHO it would seem dividing into regions would be the better way to go for starts. Although my heart-of-hearts would like to meet all of you (group hug).

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #122
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
tin sista - MI

Steph, I forgot you are also in MI. Well, there we go. A MI unit could be in the works as we type. Where are you located? - or your general location if you prefer.

LOVE the earrings!

"Roll With It Baby"
suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
i will be driving from chicago to berkeley & then to eugene oregon & up into washington & montana's southern edges to visit family ... this will all happen the last week of november & the first of december, if that dovetails with anyone's plans ...
Old 10-19-2006, 12:49 AM   #124
1 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Jonestown , Tx
I am woman watch me break stuff!

Sounds gerat, I suggest we have it in my yard as I have never towed anything but my feeT Kathy AKA YA-YA as in grandma in Greek.
ya-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:19 AM   #125
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
nuttin wrong with texas.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:52 AM   #126
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I have an idea, something along the lines of an Airesse (or whatever we will be calling ourselves) sighting thread. Whenever we meet, we update the thread with pictures and a descriptive post to let all of us follow along. I say that because I just hate missing anything and if you are meeting, well we can meet you too (virtually!)

Hmmm, now you have me thinking about getting better acquainted with one another even sooner. We can start an intro thread with a picture and short bio of sorts.

Sue we better get our royal hineasses shopping to be the first on our block wearing our tiarias. Michelle already has her Rosie shirt and Steph has the earrings. I got a bandana though.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:36 AM   #127
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
i have a mermaid suit.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #128
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Michigan Airesses

I am very pleasantly surprised at the number of Michigan "Airesses" that are willing to take on this adventure. EXCITING! It's like I have told Wheel Interested (Carol), traveling distances alone are outside my comfort zone but we all need to challenge that "zone" every now and then. I have decided no matter where in the continental US is decided upon, my daughter and I are there. So where are we going and when?

Mrs. Towdaddy (Vickie)
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:24 AM   #129
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Steph, I forgot you are also in MI. Well, there we go. A MI unit could be in the works as we type. Where are you located? - or your general location if you prefer. suz
Hey Suz,
We're in the middle of mitten so to speak. Yeah now that we know what we're gonna wear we need to decide where we are gonna go !
Carol, I have a bandana too. I've seen the Rosie t-shirts at museum shops (bottom of the page is the Rosie shirt) in Michigan too.

I'd be up for anywhere in Michigan/Canada/Va around the midwest.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #130
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
A K'zoo For Mrs. Towdaddy!

Hi Vickie!
I hadn't noticed you are a Michaganian also. So does this mean we have our own Airesses unit/chapter now with 4 already? Yesssss!!
Boy, now I really have to find practice time before snow flies -AGAIN - so I'll be ready by spring '07
Our daughter Sarah lives and works on campus at WMU. She's a residence hall director there and squeezing in some graduate classes when she can. We hope to get down there soon to see her. (are you near campus?)
And the best part? I talked to her this a.m. and she said she's up for a doe toe provided the timing works for her. Now if our Mary can join us it will be a real adventure.

suz

p.s. Just saw the Rosie t-shirt - The RIVETTES sure sounds great - I love that one too!!
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Old 10-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #131
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Possible locations?

Has anyone considered the Penn Wood Airstream Park in Limestone, PA www.pennwood.org/ ? Anyone else have a possible destination? I prefer full hook-ups. We might as well pamper ourselves if we are doing it all, right? I don't have any "cool" stuff, though. I'll have to work on that! This sounds like so much fun!!!
Mrs. Towdaddy (Vickie)
Air #5970
Old 10-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista

I'd be up for anywhere in Michigan/Canada/Va around the midwest.
This area sounds good to me too. Also the Penn Wood Airstream Park might be a good meetup place. I've never been there, but it is an okay driving distance for me and I've heard nice things about it. Also the Chicago area would be good. Visited there recently and I'm looking for an excuse to get back.

Working out a date might be a little bit tougher. We'll be all winterized by first of November. So I hope we're still thinking spring, and 2007.

I have a bandana, and know where to get a Rosie t-shirt, and tin sista has pointed us to the earrings, and then there's the wine... I think we should be all set. Oh yeah, tiara, hmmmmmm....

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #133
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Jamie,
It would definitely be spring '07 for me. My AS is at the dealership getting all the minor new "bugs" worked out and will be winterized while there. I will then return it to the campground where it will be stored on our seasonal site for next year. I don't tow in the snow. That is if I can help it.

I have not been to the Penn Wood Airstream Park either. But it seemed like it would be a good middle ground for all us midwesterns and east coasters. I guess it depend on how many we will have. I would be great if we have to find somewhere large for a big turnout.

Thanks for link for the Rosie t-shirt. I'll add that to my Christmas list. Where do I find the earrings? It sounds more and more like we have our uniform. I would like to submit my vote The Rivettes.

Mrs. Towdaddy (Vickie)
Air #5970
Old 10-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #134
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
women's rally

Hey girls, I just caught back up with this thread, and I'm glad to see there's more interest in the gal's rally. The name "The Rivettes" is totally priceless! I think I'll even name my Bambi "Rosie the Rivetted", in honor of the rally's image. I've had the Rosie T-Shirt for years (got it at the Women's Museum in Dallas, which by the way, is fabulous; in case you have not visited it yet, it is definitely worth the trip down here to Big D). Has anyone hooked up in Missouri? That's a pretty central location; either there or Kansas. Well, actually, Kansas may not be the ideal place seeing as we'd all be sitting around in tornado targets. Our mascot would have to be Dorothy, and our rallying cry "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!!" Anyway, truth be told, I'd drive to the ends of the earth to get out of town and on the road, so the location is not paramount to me. Can we continue the discussion? I'm fired up to rally with you all and look forward to next Spring and to uncorking a few bottles of '02 Cabernet that I've been saving for just such an occassion. Anyone for a glass and a toast to Rosie?

Nancy
Old 10-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #135
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Backing up practice, etc.

Its inspiring to see so many women interested in rallying.

I was working on practicing backing up and then was inspired by this thread about the hensley hitch which from post 29 on has some nice photos showing how those rods can make it easier to line up. Apparently the rods work well with other types of hitches. I think we'll try them out just to see.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #136
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Shall we do a poll or vote or keep the name discussion open? My vote is for the Rivettes with the Rosie shirt. If we are rivettes than I guess our menfolk could be considered rivet shavers.

Our byline could be Airesses of Sass (Steph I forgot what the acrynym stands for.) Also we could use--- Do it ASP---Airstream Person (bumper stickers?)

I think Steph is a graphics whiz, maybe we have some others too. I was just playing around with this and just put it up for ideas. Criticisms, comments and other renderings welcome! I have some background pictures you could use if you need them and can e-mail you the selected Rosie layer so you can have a go at it too. I do likt the graphic on that wine bottle. Ladies do we whine? NO we roar!!! LOL

And just so you know that is NOT an Airstream but another riveted silver tube.

Won't a doe tow be difficult in a mermaid suit?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rosieasp.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	27230  

photography
Old 10-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #137
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Oh wow, Carol!!! I love your photoshopping job! I think that's just perfect. No need to look further. Can we have that put on a custom shirt, or tote, or something?

Can we use that avatar too?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #138
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
It's all coming together! If you want central, think Missouri, and if you want things to do, think the Branson area for music entertainment, lakes, rivers, amusement park, scenic Ozarks, and so on. Only recommended in late spring or mid fall because of notorious heat, humidity, and skeeters in high summer.~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #139
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You sure can use the avatar! Graphic needs more TLC, also didn't know if we wanted text on it, or what and she is not bedazzled with earrings. Maybe try some different trailers.

It would be fun to go to one place and then take off together for another. We could add others along the way and part with others that aren't out as long.

photography
Old 10-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #140
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Carol its great! Its to die for!

Oh its just perfect as is!! With your permission, can we just click on the graphic and save it to our computers as a memento? Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Our byline could be Airesses of Sass (Steph I forgot what the acrynym stands for.)
From the old post it was
Savvy Airstream (Forum) Sisters Steering Institution (SASSI)
I think Sass(i) was a suggestion, any combination of words would be cool, I like the attitude implied