Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #121
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
How many will be definitely coming?

On the official sign up thread it says just 5?
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #122
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Take it easy and take your time. Don't get in a hurry or you will make mistakes. Mistakes lead to accidents.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey gals Rich Luhr put out an invitation for anyone in South California to meet up in March. Go show him your girl power. Who knows you might just get the Rivettes some press. All that charm and good looking silver, who could resist?

Quote:
Perhaps if you live in southern California you can join us too? It's one of our favorite spots in the entire USA, and the more the merrier! We will be camping in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park from March 7-10. We'll be in the Palm Canyon campground on the first two nights, and then head out to the desert just outside town and boondock for the weekend there with all the other desert rats.
Tour of America

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #124
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Thumbs up

Janet & Meredith - you can do this! We have faith in you. (A little hand holding helps in the beginning too ). As thecatsandi says, take your time and all will go well. Picture good things and safe arrival .

Janet- Can't wait to see those silver toes and ears!
Laurel- I'm learning to bring jewelry on my travels, so I'll be packin' bling .

Meredith- I think this should be a weekend for pampering for you. We'll have to fan you with palm fronds and feed you bon bons .

Anzo Borrego with Rich and family sounds great. I wish I lived closer sometimes! Hopefully I can catch them when / if they're closer to Lotus / Nor Cal.

See you soon...

~K.
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #125
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I like the palm fronds and bon bons plan.

Maybe we can take turns!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #126
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
I'll be there for sure. Should we PM each other our cell #s so we can call for details--or maybe to be picked up at the police station?
Janet
Old 03-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #127
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetb
I'll be there for sure. Should we PM each other our cell #s so we can call for details--or maybe to be picked up at the police station?
Janet
Lol, Janet. I like your style. You just never know when you may need to call a friend. I will probably be getting there fairly early as I'm only an hour and a half away so if anyone would like to have my cell # as a place to call when you are in route let me know.

Hopefully there won't be toooo many bail outs at the police station...at least before we all arrive!

Laurel
Old 03-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #128
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Sisters from the West...

Was wondering if anyone knows of anyone whom might be able to help me out - transport a fridge I found for my new LadyBug.

The Fridge is in Burbank - and I am looking to try and piggy back it closer to the east side of the "continent"

She is just a little fridge RM2310 - would fit in someones back seat no problem - unless of course you are driving an austin mini

Maybe it could be caravaned - like maybe make it over to Denver Colorado - to maybe Shari - who I hear is heading out to the International this summer.

I am game for any suggestions - and I am in no hurry to get it - once the Ladybug is finished or close to being finished coolers and Ice will do fine in keeping all the different wines on ice. I could also pop in a 12volt plug or two and hook up the couple of coolatrons I have in the interim....

So can anyone help???

Will post over my way to and see if anyone is heading out west and would pick it up for me.
Thanks for any ideas...

Have a great rally - next week is it March 11 did I read - wish we could all be there for it
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #129
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I would love to help but won't be going any farther east than CA until the balloon rally in New Mexico in the fall. Anyone else heading north-eastward?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #130
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Swap Meet?

Alright...ladies...We wouldn't want to let our shopping genes get rusty while on our little camping trip do we???

Bam and I were reminiscing the other day about our thrift store trips and how we keep buying 'things' for our Bambis...and how there's not much room (we fill up faster than you 'bigger' girls ) and we had a brainstorm-idea?

We can bring all of our much loved but no room for, trailer decorations, goodies, tableware, linens, extra BBQ grills, doubles or triples of whatever we may have stashed away because we found we replaced without realizing we already had it STUFF! We'll have a TRADE/SWAP meet event ROSIE STYLE ! Who knows what NEW treasures will follow us home?

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #131
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I'll bring a box of goodies to swap.

Wow...only a couple of weeks til the rally.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #132
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Let's Rally, Girls!

Hello Silver Sisters!

The rally is almost here and so it's time to firm up our plans !

Let me know if I've gotten any of this backwards or upside down.

HAPPY HOUR Friday evening. Kristiana is bartending. Bring an appetizer and your own dinner.

POTLUCK Saturday morning. Bring something to share.

POTLUCK Saturday night. I think we decided on a big ol' fashioned BBQ burger feast? Bring your own meat and some hamburger fixins' and/or a side dish to share.

Each campsite has a picnic table so I don't think we'll need extra tables or chairs. I have a little silver table we can set up for the bar or deserts.

Should we plan something fun for Saturday, like a boat ride or wine tasting? There are sooooo many great wineries just a few miles away. Also, my sister is the director of the Sedgwick Nature Reserve which is also very near to Cachuma. I could ask her if she could give us a tour and/or provide a special place for a lazy afternoon picnic. I'm including a little picture of the ranch...

Rally Girls: & Pets

BamCamper (Laurel) & Ed the Beagle...............Thursday
Babeebloos (Debra) & Oliver?.........................Thursday
airdrmr (Meredith) & Frodo............................Thursday
janetb (Janet)
Excella3287 (Monica)
Kristiana & Osa ..........................................Thursday
thecatsandi (Michelle)

Sat Breakfast

Laurel - pancakes and faux sausage
Meredith - veggie fritata or quiche, and mimosas!
Kristiana - 10:00 am coffee call

Sat Dinner

Meredith - hamburger fixins' and fresh fruit
Laurel - chocolate
Kristiana - somethin' special from the grill
Janet - Veggie casserole, wine and chocolate mousse cake
Debra - grilled veggies

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sedgwick.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	33732  
Old 03-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Western Sisters, we'll all be toasting you Friday eve (3/23) and wishing we were there too. Here's to a Rosily Rivetting Rally! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #134
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Thanks G! We'll hoist one for our easterly (and midwesterly ) sisters too.
One day we'll all meet at a huge women's rally...until then,
Cheers!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #135
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Only one week until the Silver Sistahs ride again! (or ride for the first time ) In any case we're going to have a great time. I think there will be plenty to do so let's be spontaneous and see what happens. If we feel like being energetic we will...or we may just enjoy our lounge chairs with a refreshing beverage!

If anyone would like a contact person, pm me and I'll send you my cell phone #.

Happy trails and safe travels!
Laurel
Old 03-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #136
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Michelle just left here noonish, then over to Steph's, back to JC and then over to your rally. I am so jealous. I wanna go too!!!!! You gals are going to have a great time at the very first woman's Rivette Rally. Please tell us all about it. If it just wasn't soooo far (5 days there and 5 days back) I would join you in a heartbeat. Post many many pictures for us back East waiting for June.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #137
1 Rivet Member

Hello Everyone,
I will not be able to make the rally, It looks like I'll be in San Francisco for a conference starting 3-20-07 and ending on 3-24-07.
I thought I would be able to get out of it, but it does not look likely.

I wish you guys a great time and have one or two Mimosas for me .

Monica-aka excella 3287 or blkcat1.
blkcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #138
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Monica, So sorry you're not going to be able to make it! We'll definitely have a toast in your honor.
Now I have a confession. Although I'm finally getting more comfortable towing, I'm just not going to have enough time to practice backing up before the rally. What are the chances that someone will be able to do it for me? Is that a huge imposition? Terry will drive me down if need be, but I'd kind of like to do it on my own...But the backing up, not so much.
What was it like for you the first time you took your trailers out? I'm trying not to over-anticipate.
Thanks!
Janet
Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #139
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Janet, this towing and backing is going to make newbies of many of us who didn't think we were so new anymore! I'll bet you'll find lots of sisters there ready to help you back or do it for you, and maybe do some teaching aboaut backing during the rally itself. That's what we are going to be, countrywide: sisters learning to be independent with our Airstreams/Argosies. . .for a multitude of different reasons. We won't all be confident and competent at a given moment, but gradually we'll all become better with our chosen loved trailers. In time, we can tow it! And back it! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #140
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Thanks, Georgia. I'll give it a try, and if I'm feeling too shaky, I'll pass it off with a smile to someone with more experience. You're right, we have all kinds of different reasons for learning how to manage these lovely creatures on our own, and we'll do it with each other's help and encouragement.
It wasn't until after I had a little forum exposure that I realized how many women are out there doing far more than just towing and backing! I'm beyond impressed and humbled by all those exceptional skills--and also motivated! I love having a good adventure-type challenge come along at this time in my life. Great energy charge. And I keep thinking, "This is so much less life-threatening than that silly jumping out of a plane thing you did for your 55th, so snap out of it!" Now, that may not be true, since I jumped tandem, but it's getting me going! I'll wear my "We Can Tow It" t-shirt for good luck!
Janet