Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Hello Bam Camper

I agree with str8strm with regards to Ocean Mesa. We were there when they however we did not know it ,we were in our strange Airstream, but what a wonderful place. I'm sure that with connections all would be good. What about a rally there for all? Not to take away from your original thread about an all ladies rally I'm sure my wife would like me to tow setup and leave and return to clean up, hookup and tow. On a side note there is a small get together in Malibu with fabulous ocean views the same time as 4 corners rally interested? Thanks Ron and Debbie
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
I'd love to go to a women's rally! But I really can't tow anything that's not attached anatomically. Is a "drop off" legitimate? That would leave me and "The Toaster," with my TV and driver off to SB for family visits...
Cachuma and Oceanmesa are both great choices, with easy access.
Thanks for getting this going!
Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

legitimate?

Janet, if this rally for women is in Lake Cachuma count my wife in if its OK someone other than a female towing setting up and tearing down, fore I also have daugther and son-in-law and in-laws in SB. What does the group say to this arrangement? Not wanting to stir the pot just adding to the group of happy campers.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #24
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Hi all. The more the merrier I always say. I think the original idea of a women's rally was to encourage women to get out there and develop camping and trailering skills by helping and supporting each other. It might be possible to get help hitching up at home and then having us all help each other set up once at the campground. But if that isn't comfortable for anyone, just come anyway. It doesn't matter how you get there or who helps set up (to me anyway...other people please chime in here). Just come and rally!

Laurel
(Bam)
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #25
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Another thought might be to have two Santa Barbara Rallies...one smaller women's rally at Lake Cachuma and then a larger one couple of weeks later at Oceanmesa. People could attend one or both.

Thoughts?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #26
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr
Ok, so March sounds good to me too. I am free any weekend in March except the first weekend. That leaves the weekends of March 10 - 11, March 17 - 18, March 24 - 25, or March 31 - April 1. What sounds good to everyone?
How about March 10-11 AND March 24-25?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetb
I'd love to go to a women's rally! But I really can't tow anything that's not attached anatomically. Is a "drop off" legitimate? That would leave me and "The Toaster," with my TV and driver off to SB for family visits...
Cachuma and Oceanmesa are both great choices, with easy access.
Thanks for getting this going!
Janet
Hi Janet - I agree with Bamcamper, the more the merrier. My Mom and sisters may be my "houseguests" for the weekend. And, no rules about who drives what where, as long as you get there and the girls can rally!

I've never pulled our trailer by myself but, even if my husband has to "spot" me, I plan to do as much as I can on my own. A girl's got to start somewhere!

How about the weekend of March 24th for Cachuma?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #28
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
March 24th (before or after 23-25 for however long you want to stay) works for me. I would probably arrive Thursday or Friday and stay til Sunday or Monday.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
I could do those latter March dates too, and I promise I will try to as much as I can on my own, until I become life-threatening. I do want to know how to tow, and this is a great incentive--but I can only process so much at a time, and I have some skiing challenges to contend with between now and then. Ah I do love being one wih humiliation. So count me in.
Yours,
Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #30
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetb
I could do those latter March dates too, and I promise I will try to as much as I can on my own, until I become life-threatening. I do want to know how to tow, and this is a great incentive--but I can only process so much at a time, and I have some skiing challenges to contend with between now and then. Ah I do love being one wih humiliation. So count me in.
Yours,
Janet
Great Janet!

And...we've all been one with humiliation...more than once.

Laurel
Old 01-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
I'm ALWAYS LATE in the threads.....WAAAAAH!

OK...Sistas !
So I'm just browsing around here for hours and hours...wasting alot of time flanking some of Kevbo's posts here and there, wreaking a little havoc like always and I find this thread going on so long before I realize I'm missing this boat! I gotta ketchup on this!
So far I'm ok with all of the plans so far...just hoping that the date is not the last weekend because I have to be on my way April 1, for a three week trip to Scottsdale in my Bambi! I think I need to refill everything and refit etc...I'm thinkin I'm going fulltiming??? After the Scottsdale trip I'm going straight to Casini Ranch...I need GAS....and lot's of BEANO! after Kevbo's carne asada and salsa. Am I loosin it??? I'm outta control!!! Watchit ladies....this silver bullet trailering is contagious !!!!

This West Side Sistas Rally is going to set us ALL FREE!!!! Each and every one! So THERE!!! You'll see....

Sincerely, and with utmost admiration for us all....
Debs "Mmwaaah"

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:04 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
And.....

Don't be afraid to go SLOW.....it's all in the ATTITUDE!!!

WE CAN DO IT! "Mmwaaah" (kiss like Dinah Shore)

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Western Region Women's Rally - March 23 - 25, 2007!

OK, ladies, looks like we're all in agreement. The (FIRST!) Western Region Women's Rally will be on March 23 - 25, 2007 at Cachuma Lake Recreation Area. The campground is first come first serve, $25.00 per night.

Barona is the full hook-up area. A friend tells me the best spots are the outside edge of the area, spaces 62 - 121.

Should we add the rally to the Rally Calendar and keep tabs of the "trailer chicas" attending on this thread?

So far we have 5:

BamCamper
Babeebloos
airdrmr
janetb
Excella3287

And, maybe Kristiana. I'm sure she will chime in when she returns from her trade show .
Old 01-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #34
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr
Should we add the rally to the Rally Calendar and keep tabs of the "trailer chicas" attending on this thread?
Sure, why not...it's a forum rally.
We may find some more trailer sistas out there on the "west side".
Old 01-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

All together

It would be great if someone could be there friday am so that all spots could be together and make the reservation for one night for all attending then the next day everyone could do their own reservation. Monica and Brianna, my daughter, would not be able to get there until friday pm. We have stayed there many times and the spots mentioned earlier along the back are the most desirable and also the first to go. How many fireplaces does my wife need to bring? They have none on site.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
The Rally is on the calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper
Sure, why not...it's a forum rally.
We may find some more trailer sistas out there on the "west side".
Okie dokie, the rally is all set up on the official Rally Calendar. I've read that the calendar isn't the most reliable for keeping track of attendees, so I'll track here on this thread also.

If you can make it, just post here with the expected day of arrival.

We can TOW it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie the riveter.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	31224  
Old 01-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #37
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Yippee you can do it!! Post lots of pix!!

This is so great that you are able to get together soon. Please post lots of pictures and share any tips you care to!!

Sending positive vibes for happy times, great weather, safe travels!!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #38
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Thanks Tin Sista.

We'll hold down the camp sites until our less westerly sistas can get out there too.

-Bam
Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #39
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excella3287
It would be great if someone could be there friday am so that all spots could be together and make the reservation for one night for all attending then the next day everyone could do their own reservation. Monica and Brianna, my daughter, would not be able to get there until friday pm. We have stayed there many times and the spots mentioned earlier along the back are the most desirable and also the first to go. How many fireplaces does my wife need to bring? They have none on site.
I may go on Thursday if I can work that out. I'll try to get them to hold the sites (if they will) so we will be all together. Which sites do we want? I camped there once but it's been a while. I wonder if we called if they would try to work with us. I don't think they take reservations but maybe they would work with us that day. Thoughts? Meredith?

And yes a firepit or two would be nice if they don't have them. Maybe Friday night we could do a "happy hour" followed by a "bring your own dinner and eat together" and then a potluck on Saturday night? We also did a potluck breakfast/brunch at 29 Palms that was fun...so maybe Sunday morning if people don't have to leave too early.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

Breakfast Sat Sun

Girls Girls Girls put the squeeze on blkcat1, my BETTER HALF, she makes a mean casserole dish for breakfast that's made the night before, stick in the oven for an hour then omg breakfast served. Then by that time it would probably be bloody mary time. I'm thinking about buying a wig and changing my name. Sounds like a good time had by all involved