Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: How do you feel about a Metro-Detroit, MI area get-together?
Interested and would like to help set it up 3 23.08%
Interested and would attend 9 69.23%
Interested but it is too far away 0 0%
Not interested and live nearby 0 0%
Not interested and do not live nearby 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle
We are interested. Just got home from the forums rally at Hiawassee, Georgia and had a great time. Please stay away from September 24-25 as the Metro Detroit WBCCI has a buddy rally scheduled for that weekend. It will be at Groveland Oaks county park near Holly. Of course, you all are invited to that event. Something near Greenfield Village would be great.

Algonac is great if you can get into the riverfront part, but that normally takes reservations well in advance if you want to be close to the river so you can watch the freighters go by. Getting everybody together would be tough as every third site is not reservable. The wagonwheel area is way back off the river and usually heavy with bugs. I won't stay there.
Jim,
It was a pleasure talking to you this evening. Thanks for calling.
Jim and I live relatively close to each other so we are going to meet up and discuss what he has learned from previous rallies.
I am glad to see that this is all coming together!
Right now it is looking like a weekend trip in September. We may try to shoot for the weekend before Labor Day.
If everyone could give us the weekends you are available it will help in finding one that will work for all of us.
I know that a good portion of is are working stiffs so it makes it diificult to nail down a date but let's see where we can take this.
As Jim said, the buddy rally for the local WBCCI is the weekend of Sept. 24-25. We are planning on attending. I hope the rest of you will consider it too.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:28 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1955 30' Liner Commodore Vanderbilt
Wayne County , Michigan
Just a note, if considering the Monroe KOA, it has waterslides and stuff for the kids, just thinking warmer weather would be more appropriate for that park. Weekend before Labor Day would still probably work for there.
"Hawley"
TAC Member MI-6
2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Z71 w3.73
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Just a note, if considering the Monroe KOA, it has waterslides and stuff for the kids, just thinking warmer weather would be more appropriate for that park. Weekend before Labor Day would still probably work for there.
I have been by that park a number of times at it looks nice from US-23. I even remember the road's name for the exit; Summerville Rd.!
It is a nice park and I am sure that they close the water park after Labor Day.
My two are pretty small so it is not a huge deal about the waterslde. They are happy when they can do any type of outdoor activity.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:23 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Excella
Brighton , Michigan
I would suggest you pick a date and a park, and confirm with the park they can put us all in one area close togeather, once this information is posted we can begin to make individual reservations. There is no way you can pick a date when all can attend. If I can be of any help setting this up let me know.
Jim
apple 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple 1
I would suggest you pick a date and a park, and confirm with the park they can put us all in one area close togeather, once this information is posted we can begin to make individual reservations. There is no way you can pick a date when all can attend. If I can be of any help setting this up let me know.
Jim
Jim,

I have never done this before so I am new to it. I would appreciate any help you can give.
Jim Mickle and I live relatively close to each other. We had loosely planned on getting together to try to pick some date a nd some place.
Thanks for putting us on the right track. Your help will be greatly appreciated and readily accepted by Jim and myself.
If you would prefer to contact me via phone, my contact information is contained in my profile.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #26
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Metro Detroit event

Hello all I am the Presedent of the Metro Detroit Chapter of the WBCCI. Jim Mickle gave us a call and told us what was being discussed on the Fourm. This weekend we had our shakedown rally and talked about your get together.

We (The Metro Detroit WBCCI Unit) currently have a buddy rally planed for September at Grovland Oaks in Oakland County. We would like to invite any and all of you to attend our event and make this a Metro Detroit / Buddy / Airstream Foum Rally. We currently have a large goup site reserved , we feel we can accomadate a large or small turn out.

We are not your tipical WBCCI unit , not so much pomp and circumstance as most. We can post the details and handle the aragments if this is acceptable to you all.As this is a Buddy rally membership in the WBCCI is not required and not expcected.

I look foward to the oppertunity to meet fellow Airstreamers form Michigan and throughout the Midwest. Let me know if there is intrest. Our Host will also be posting here soon.

PS I love the AIR stickers, our Log in name ITOWAIR is also our linsense plate, we wanted to gett AIR for the trailer but it was already taken.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Weekend before Labor Day...

may be closed for us at my place. The Allegan antique fair is that weekend and we are looking to camping on the west side of the state and attend it. So, Mid September is sounding better.

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Lou,

Sounds like it's a good plan coming along nicely. We would be one of the "maybes" if the weekend days work into our schedule. Thanks for your work in planning, from the look of the thread, seams like your getting some great ideas on parks I know I am
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #29

2001 28' Excella
Clarkston , Michigan
Exclamation Metro-Detroit Rally

Hello Everyone. My name is Sarah. I am 20 years old and a third generation Airstreamer. I am the host of the September of the rally for the WBCCI and I am also the secretary of the Metro-Detroit unit. I would like to extend an invention to everyone that will be in the area to attend my rally September 23-25th at Groveland Oaks.
So far we have a potluck dinner planned for Friday night,and a catered dinner for Saturday night. We also provide breakfast for Saturday and Sunday. Depending on the weather we also will have campfires Friday and Saturday nights.
For those of you not familiar with the area it is close to Great Lakes Crossing, Canterberry Village, historic downtown Holly, and the Rennaisance Festival will be going on that weekend. Or you can just hang-out at the park.
Our WBCCI unit is not like any other. We are a very laid back bunch of people that are in it for the fun of camping.
I truly hope that all of you can make it and I look forward to a weekend filled with fun.
Airstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:08 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We're in Lapeer, MI

I like the Port Huron idea. I would have voted but need an additional, interested and may attend line. I will follow this thread with interest. We haven't met any local Airstreamers yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a July, August or September get-together somewhere near Metro-Detroit?
There are quite a few nice places to camp nearby. It would be nice to get something that we can do close to home.
Please use the poll attached to this thread to let me know how many would be interested in attending something like this.
Maybe we can talk to Moraine View folks in giving some suggestions and tips to plan a successful get-together...
It does not have to be anything extravagant. Just a little weekend outing.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 AM   #31
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
Hello all I am the Presedent of the Metro Detroit Chapter of the WBCCI. Jim Mickle gave us a call and told us what was being discussed on the Fourm. This weekend we had our shakedown rally and talked about your get together.

We (The Metro Detroit WBCCI Unit) currently have a buddy rally planed for September at Grovland Oaks in Oakland County. We would like to invite any and all of you to attend our event and make this a Metro Detroit / Buddy / Airstream Foum Rally. We currently have a large goup site reserved , we feel we can accomadate a large or small turn out.

We are not your tipical WBCCI unit , not so much pomp and circumstance as most. We can post the details and handle the aragments if this is acceptable to you all.As this is a Buddy rally membership in the WBCCI is not required and not expcected.

I look foward to the oppertunity to meet fellow Airstreamers form Michigan and throughout the Midwest. Let me know if there is intrest. Our Host will also be posting here soon.

PS I love the AIR stickers, our Log in name ITOWAIR is also our linsense plate, we wanted to gett AIR for the trailer but it was already taken.
Jim and I were supposed to meet this afternoon and due to my father-in-law passing away, I have been helping my mother-in-law when she needs the help. Sorry, Jim.
Jim and I have agreed that the best thing to do is to try to get all of us at the WBCCI event AND get them to come to a forums get-together.
I think that sounds like a good idea.
It would be nice to get those in the Metro-Detroit unit interested in the forums and what they are all about AND get those of us that are not in the WBCCI to one of their events and maybe get us to join them.
I think that is a wonderful idea.
Jim, I will call you tomorrow(today actually) morning so we can get the ball rolling.
It seems like we are picking up a head of steam now!
I want to be able to show off my new axle! Two events are better than one for me to show it off at!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:46 AM   #32
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Lou,

Sounds like it's a good plan coming along nicely. We would be one of the "maybes" if the weekend days work into our schedule. Thanks for your work in planning, from the look of the thread, seams like your getting some great ideas on parks I know I am
You are more than welcome to come along. Wait a minute... how can someone be "more than welcome"? Is that possible?
Anyway, you and your old car and trailer would be a spotlight event at anything we plan.
Thanks for the kudos on trying to plan this event.
Jim Mickle and I are both very excited about this. Jim brings his knowledge of other events like this with him. It is he whom I count on to really get me going in the right direction.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:49 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I like the Port Huron idea. I would have voted but need an additional, interested and may attend line. I will follow this thread with interest. We haven't met any local Airstreamers yet.
Well, I can tell that you are "wheel interested" by your choice of username! Man, I crack myself up!
The park has not been decided yet as Jim and I will sit down this weekend and get the ball rolling.
There are actually quite a few of is around the area. We just hide in the urban woodwork!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:53 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstorm
Hello Everyone. My name is Sarah. I am 20 years old and a third generation Airstreamer. I am the host of the September of the rally for the WBCCI and I am also the secretary of the Metro-Detroit unit. I would like to extend an invention to everyone that will be in the area to attend my rally September 23-25th at Groveland Oaks.
So far we have a potluck dinner planned for Friday night,and a catered dinner for Saturday night. We also provide breakfast for Saturday and Sunday. Depending on the weather we also will have campfires Friday and Saturday nights.
For those of you not familiar with the area it is close to Great Lakes Crossing, Canterberry Village, historic downtown Holly, and the Rennaisance Festival will be going on that weekend. Or you can just hang-out at the park.
Our WBCCI unit is not like any other. We are a very laid back bunch of people that are in it for the fun of camping.
I truly hope that all of you can make it and I look forward to a weekend filled with fun.
Well, let me be the first to formally invite you and your whole unit to the forums get-together that we will set up to be on a different date.
I am planning on attending your buddy rally. It sounds like it is going to be a blast! I know my five year old daughter will enjoy meeting and talking with everyone. 30 more years until she can run for the presidency!
Please let us all know here on the forums what it takes for us to register for your buddy rally in September. Feel free to post any information on this thread. I have no qualms about it.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Jim and I were supposed to meet this afternoon and due to my father-in-law passing away, I have been helping my mother-in-law when she needs the help. Sorry, Jim.
Sorry to hear of your loss. We have been in similar circumstances. You have your work cut out for you.
We will look forward to being a part of the Forums gathering when you select a date. Put us down to attend, please. Two weekends traveling to Detroit will too much, but we look forward to meeting you all. We can compare notes on Argosy axles, etc. Ours has had some miles on it and is "holding up" just fine.
Larry and Lou
loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #36
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Post Erie Forums Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
....Put us down to attend, please.
Hi Larry, Lou- I plan on going to the forum rally too, and probably with the kids. We should caravan, eh?

I got my brakes adjusted okay I think but I'd still like to stop by and have you check it out. I've only got 2 weeks until my East Coast trip though. Maybe if it stops snowing for the summer I can come over soon

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Hi Larry, Lou- I plan on going to the forum rally too, and probably with the kids. We should caravan, eh?

I got my brakes adjusted okay I think but I'd still like to stop by and have you check it out. I've only got 2 weeks until my East Coast trip though. Maybe if it stops snowing for the summer I can come over soon

Steve
Steve,
You are more than welcome at my home, buddy.
A caravan sounds like fun. Used to do it with my entire family when I was younger. All of us had Airstreams or Argosys.
I am going over to Jim Mickle's home right now. We are going to start figuring the where and when today.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

1955 30' Liner Commodore Vanderbilt
Wayne County , Michigan
Thunder Over Michigan Airshow is the first weekend in August if anyone is interested then.
"Hawley"
TAC Member MI-6
2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Z71 w3.73
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Caravan to Detroit Forums Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Steve,
That sounds like a great idea. We would like to caravan. Maybe some other northern Ohioans will join us. I will PM Blucloud and see if he is interested too.
Larry
loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #40
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Metro Detroit Rally

Well it looks like there will be two rallies in Metro Detroit this late summer/fall

We will try to attend both , I hope many of you will as well.

All are welcome to attend the WBCCI Metro Detroit Rally. Any one intrested can send me a PM or contact me at theandyman@wideopenwest.com

I will also post a regestration cuopon as soon as we have them ready.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote