Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
1993 30' Excella
Hillsboro , Texas
Fall in Texas Anyone??

Is anyone considering a get-together in the Texas area in October or November??
linc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Some possibles

Our unit has rallies in mid-October and early November. Probably a Christmas rally as well, but no announcement yet.

Don't know of any Forum rallies, but we have a banjo festival in Schulenburg over the Veteran's Day weekend. Potluck dinner and jam session at the RV park Friday evening. Banjo jams all day Saturday and a public concert (free) Saturday evening in the Civic Center. Probably will be as many as 40 performers if it goes like prior years. I will be there Thursday through Sunday and a couple of other Airstreams are expected as well. The RV park gives a WBCCI discount.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #3
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
The Texas Hill Country Unit will be having a rally October 13-17th at the Lake Whitney Resorts located on Hwy 933, 2 miles north of the town of Whitney (located just west of Hillsboro on Lake Whitney). I received an invitation to attend any part or all of the rally and I'm not yet a member of WBCCI. Point is, these folks would like for you to come sample the fun and see if this might be something you'd enjoy. GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:34 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Goliad State Park

Not much of a rally I guess, but we are meeting friends at Goliad State Park for the weekend of Oct 8-10. They have 19 spaces available as of today. You can tour the missions, and hike or bike to the old town of Goliad, and listen to the mission bells toll at midnight, kinda spooky, one of my favorite fortgotten state parks.
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:10 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Smile Christmas in Blanco

Hey looks like we will be in Blanco State Park Dec17,18,19 th for their annual Christmas market and parade. Which is that Saturday morning in Blanco, which is hiking /biking distances from the park, maybe a mile and ahalf? There is a thread about it for more info
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:00 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
We're new to the forum and would like to meet fellow Texan Airstreamers in Blanco. Where in the park is the best place to reserve a site?

Paula
pienjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
Contributing Member

Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienjim
We're new to the forum and would like to meet fellow Texan Airstreamers in Blanco. Where in the park is the best place to reserve a site?

Paula
The park is just off the main highway (US281) a block south of the square & courthouse. Just a small jog west and into the park. If you cross the river, you have misssed it.

It's a small park and the only choice is whether you want full hookup or only water & electric. You can not reserve specific sites in advance in Texas State Parks, just a general class of site. It's first come, first served when occupying sites.

The park is so small that you aren't much over a city block apart no matter where you end up. There is a circle of full hookups at one end and a loop of mostly water and electric sites. Most sites are shaded, not that that will matter much in December. There are some shelters and we used one last year for our pot luck.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-03-2004, 09:17 PM   #8
Contributing Member

By the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienjim

Paula
Better reserve a spot early. The park was 100% full last year. The Blanco celebration draws a crowd and there are always folks there for fishing. I reserved my space yesterday even though I won't know for sure whether we're going until my wife returns from Greece next week.

You can easily walk from the campground to the square. I would estimate no more than a half-mile from most sites.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-04-2004, 06:46 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
by the way

We will be there. Looking forward to meeting some of you. And, John, we remember you from TM days. You were instrumental in our decision to move to an A/S.

Paula
pienjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:26 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
This weekend! Join us

This weekend about 10 Airstreamers will be at Lake Ray Roberts State Park just north of Denton. We'll be at the Johnson branch campground on the north side of the lake.. There may still be sites available, just reserve on line. I'm getting there early Friday to register/pay for those that have confirmed to try to keep us all as close as possible. We potluck dinners and breakfasts. Relaxing fellowship, pretty area.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:10 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Last Steam Train Weekend of the Year - Rusk/Palestine SP

On Nov. 19-20-21 a couple of us have reservations at Rusk SP and tickets for the Steam Train leaving from Rusk on the 20th - we are in the closed in section of the train (windows on the car) - it would be great if any other AS's could join us.

This is the last weekend (I think) of the year for the Steam Train to run. The Steam Train leaves out of Rusk - an "Antique" Diesel leaves out of Palestine at the same time - they meet in the middle - about a 5 hour adventure..

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #12
Contributing Member

Been there, done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH
This is the last weekend (I think) of the year for the Steam Train to run. The Steam Train leaves out of Rusk - an "Antique" Diesel leaves out of Palestine at the same time - they meet in the middle - about a 5 hour adventure..
The fall colors are great. The hardwoods in that area are really showy and the woods are full of American Beautyberries. Spring is great, also, with the dogwood in bloom.

I have some neat movies with sound that I took with my Sony digital camera. The train goes right through the Rusk campground and I was shooting on foot from within 10 feet of the engine as it crossed the switches. Later, I was in the first car behind the engine, leaning out the window and shooting the drivers and the exhaust as we crossed the trestles.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-24-2004, 10:59 AM   #13
Contributing Member

Looks like we will have a pretty good sized group

Just posting this to bubble the thread back up to the top. Last I checked, there were a couple of sites available.
WBCCI #9632