Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #821
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
...What else does everyone have to accomplish...

Christmas! Once past the 25th, it's a downhill skid to the Can Opener Oh, you meant for the Airstream? I learned last year that it's useless to polish Gypsy and then get out on a 1000 mile winter run with her, so I'll just pat her winter's dusty/muddy/slushy (???) coat and say, "Giddyup, girl, we're heading south!" She's winterized, so somewhere along the way and then back up north again, we'll have to deal with that. Otherwise, as long as we have lots of wine and goodies for the Potluck and raffle, we're good to go. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #822
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
...What else does everyone have to accomplish...~G
Hummmmm, put up 2 Christmas trees today (one regular and one Disney decorated tree), pulled down all the yard "stuff" from the attic to put out, trimmed the hedges, all that today.

I have to return to the Persian Gulf for a week before Christmas, and some training if Florida - my DW will go to Florida and enjoy 2 nights in a hotel.

Time cannot pass soon enough for Topsail, I always enjoy the company, and seeing all the Airstreams.

34 days and counting.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #823
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
I have to return to the Persian Gulf for a week before Christmas, ....
You be careful over there. We're looking forward to seeing you, Tina, and Daisy again.
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #824
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
Hummmmm, put up 2 Christmas trees today (one regular and one Disney decorated tree), pulled down all the yard "stuff" from the attic to put out, trimmed the hedges, all that today.
Usually, we do the decorating Thanksgiving weekend but went to my Mom's for the holiday so this was our decorating weekend. We, too, put up multiple trees. Our main tree is 9' and, you guessed it, is Disney themed with the large Mickey Icon ornaments and larger Disney ornaments. We have a 7-1/2' Disney tree with small Mickey Icon ornaments and other small Disney ornaments. Usually we have a third three with Hallmark ornaments that we collect each year, but there was an electrical problem with it so we will either forgo a third tree this year or try and find one that matches the smaller Disney tree.

The exterior didn't get started yet and the trees didn't get finished, but our Santa Claus collection (one for each year we've been married--now up to 20 Christmases) have been put out. Fourteen bins of decorations plus what we bought this year! It's a job decorating our house for Christmas.

Happy Holidays everyone!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #825
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Umm, what do we still need to do?

Put tree and Santa along with sleigh and reindeer in den

Put inflatable Snoopy in front yard

Find home for cute, rescue puppy

Oh yea, I guess clean house should be in there somewhere

winterize "Old" Airstream - it's for sale by the way!

One more trip in "new" Airstream (hopefully this weekend if the weather holds out!)

Find home for cute rescue puppy

Wrap presents (yes, I only have one more gift to buy! Hee Haw!)

Did I mention find new home for cuty rescue puppy???

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #826
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Cool Topsail Update

We just returned from Topsail a few hours ago, after spending two peaceful nights there. I am happy to report that the campground is in wonderful condition, although there is a fresh batch of mosquitos to contend with. I guess the 6" of rain we had recently must have hatched a lot of dormant eggs. So, unless we have a freeze before January, it might be a good idea to prepare for them....we're packing the fogger next trip.

For the beach enthusiasts, it's a .7 mile paved path to the gorgeous white sand, but you have the option of a "free" shuttle that starts at 9:00 AM and runs every two hours.....beats lugging a lot of gear, if you're inclined to take along beach chairs, etc. (the path is also great for bikes)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have been able to gleen from the previous posts, I understand the rally shedule to be: Friday is arrival/grip and grin (with a possible cocktail or two); Saturday is an "open house" day for folks to view each other's rigs, followed by the potluck dinner; and Sunday is potluck breakfast/departure day. We're arriving late Thursday evening, after the long and arduous 20 mile drive.

What do we have to do before the rally, e.g. Christmas.......not any more than this ole grinch is forced to do!

Chief

Click image for larger version

Name:	Topsail-12-07.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	50324 Click image for larger version

Name:	3Topsail-12-07.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	50326 Click image for larger version

Name:	2Topsail-12-07.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	50325
Old 12-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #827
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Chief, thanks for the heads up. Is it muddy and buggy? I just thought you had gators!

photography
Old 12-04-2007, 06:49 AM   #828
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have been able to gleen from the previous posts, I understand the rally shedule to be: Friday is arrival/grip and grin (with a possible cocktail or two); Saturday is an "open house" day for folks to view each other's rigs, followed by the potluck dinner; and Sunday is potluck breakfast/departure day.

Chief

Attachment 50324 Attachment 50326 Attachment 50325
You left out the BYOB cocktail party at our site (#154) just before the potluck dinner around 5ish on Saturday. We'll provide ice, some munchies and light appetizers and a fire pit to help with the atmosphere.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 12-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #829
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Red face Oops!

[quote=Minnie's Mate]You left out the BYOB cocktail party at our site (#154) just before the potluck dinner around 5ish on Saturday.quote]

Tom,

Sorry about that oversight.......must be that CRS kicking in again (actually I'm at the advanced stage of "CRAFT"....if anyone doesn't understand that acronym, I'll explain after a couple of cocktails).

I don't think you have to worry about having Disney characters at this one.....appears that we are going to have a few of our own "characters" show up!

Chief
Old 12-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #830
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampBillies
Isn't it amazing how time sneaks up on you! I always tell people that we started really early in West Virginia. I am really looking forward to getting together and making some noise. Did we ever decide when and where? We have all talked about nothing else since this rally came up. ...

...Then I moved north for awhile and fell into saying pop so I wouldn't have to explain myself everytime I asked for a coke but really wanted something else.
At the Falluminum, the "Not Really a Band Band" set up before the Potluck (at the shelter where we had the Potluck) and played about 45 minutes after we ate while others were eating/chatting. (I don't think I could have played any more than about an additional 5 hours)

We need to know who will play and what instruments, and what PA setup, and, as you say, where? It gets dark early, so lighting is also a consideration if we plan a jam after dinner. Maybe choose whereever you find it easiest to take down from, and jam before potluck/after open house? Maybe we can take this discussion offline-PM me if you'd like. Maybe others want to be involved too though...

I play (rhythym) guitar and will bring my Les Paul and amp (as well as my 12 string acoustic for quiet time), vocal mic (Shure 57), mic stand with XLR cables.

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Old 12-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #831
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
[quote=Chief]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
You left out the BYOB cocktail party at our site (#154) just before the potluck dinner around 5ish on Saturday.quote]

Tom,

Sorry about that oversight.......must be that CRS kicking in again (actually I'm at the advanced stage of "CRAFT"....if anyone doesn't understand that acronym, I'll explain after a couple of cocktails).

I don't think you have to worry about having Disney characters at this one.....appears that we are going to have a few of our own "characters" show up!

Chief
No prob. I have a few pre-senior moments of my own and they are getting more frequent all the time.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 12-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #832
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
alrighty, lads...

... I have succumb to common sense... for the SECOND year in a row, we won't be able to make the Can Opener.. and we have a great spot! #146, right behind the food, and a stone's throw from the toilet! Doh! Our new little critter due date was a week off... looks like we'll be having an xmas baby (or there-abouts). The first was a week late, too... Tardiness runs in the family.

so... anyone looking to move up into the alumi-hood, PM me. only You can help keep the SOBs away from the grub!

haha!

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #833
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Central Part , Maryland
First Snow Flakes Last Night !!!

First snow flakes last night... Just some flurries in the air, nothing sticking. Now the weatherman is saying 60% chance of 1~2 inches snow tomorrow night... 3 1/2 more weeks until we can leave and head south to the Can Opener.

Why not just leave now ??? Sounds good to me - I am retired...

But the wife still has 6 more years until she retires... So I guess I have to be a good sport and wait the 3 1/2 weeks until her vacation starts... Just one of the trials and tribulations of having a younger spouse... Guess I wasn't thinking clearly about retirement/Airstream issues when we got hitched...

regards, Dave :-)
AIR#23096
" I am lost and have gone Airstreaming to find myself, If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait..."
Old 12-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #834
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Best wishes with the little one. While all babies are treasures, Christmas babies always seem especially marvelous to me. As for the Can Opener, maybe the third time will be the charm, so here's to the next one after this one at TopSail. Meanwhile, Merry Christmas! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #835
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I just thought I would throw an idea out there for those who may have missed it.

The weekend before Topsail is the New Years eve Rally at the Pensacola Unit.

A couple of us are heading down there after Christmas and going to Topsail on Wed or Thur.

Join us.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #836
LookingThroughALens

1976 Argosy 24
Marietta , Georgia
Quote:
A couple of us are heading down there after Christmas and going to Topsail on Wed or Thur.

Join us.
If only we were retired. Too many rallys and places to go; too little vacation time (and money).
Old 12-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #837
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
[quote=Minnie's Mate]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
No prob. I have a few pre-senior moments of my own and they are getting more frequent all the time.
I know what you mean, my Anheuser's always seems to get worse at rally time & when I'm polishing the AS.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Old 12-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #838
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
[quote=Overlander & Sea]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate

I know what you mean, my Anheuser's always seems to get worse at rally time & when I'm polishing the AS.
A friend used to call hers "half-zimers" but now she says it has matured into "All-zimers"!

Guess I'm following in her footsteps.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 12-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #839
2 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Kerrville , Texas
Count me in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue
We need to know who will play and what instruments, and what PA setup, and, as you say, where? It gets dark early, so lighting is also a consideration if we plan a jam after dinner. Maybe choose whereever you find it easiest to take down from, and jam before potluck/after open house? Maybe we can take this discussion offline-PM me if you'd like. Maybe others want to be involved too though...

I play (rhythym) guitar and will bring my Les Paul and amp (as well as my 12 string acoustic for quiet time), vocal mic (Shure 57), mic stand with XLR cables.
I'll be packing an electric, acoustic, small amp, mixer board, and mic if I have room for all that. Play fill-ins, leads, rhythms... whatever. Just really looking forward to playing lots but need to do some cooking before the pot-luck.
Texas Hill Country
Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #840
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Rock Stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue
I will have my guitar. I am just learning so I play real bad. That will make the restof you look like rock stars!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

Closed Thread