Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #561
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
With all this movement in sites it's like "musical chairs" - I'll wait till the rally to find out where everyone is.

We plan on bringing Clancy Boy to this one - he's the 12 year old lab that acts like an old man and grumbles all the time. I use his name on this forum so he shoulld at least get to go to a rally once.
What a great idea!! That will be much easier still. OK I will plan on setting up on my reserved site, but at the sound of the knock we will all stop what we are doing and move over into the next Airstream to the right.

photography
Old 11-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #562
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
I'm new to this and this would be our first AS ralley. My wife is coming around to the idea. I have a few questions. Will there be any coming who have younger kids? WE have a 2 yr old girl, 5 yr old boy and 8 yr old boy, are there things at the park or close by that the kids would have a good time doing? What is the weather normally like this time of year? Are there any sites still available with the AS crowd or close by? How much are the sites? Are children normally welcome at these ralleys? I would appreciate any information concerning these questions. Thanks in advance.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #563
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You all would love it. Read back into the thread, there are children coming and some the same age. Kids are welcome. There is a swimming pool and a shuttle to ride to the beach and biking on the roads and path to the beach. There must be a playground though I don't recall seeing it. There may even be an outdoor movie that should please...if not there's always the draw of popcorn. Go to post 1 and I believe the link to Topsails State Park in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida is there and more information. I think it is $38.00 a night full hook-up. Last year was it around 65 degrees?? Nice weather, barely needed a light sweater at times. Sounds like a good plan to get into the Airstreaming swing with your new Airstream.

photography
Old 11-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #564
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmossyone
I'm new to this and this would be our first AS ralley. My wife is coming around to the idea.
Come join us - you both will have a great time.

Quote:
I have a few questions.
Just a few, I'll give them a shot.

Quote:
Will there be any coming who have younger kids? WE have a 2 yr old girl, 5 yr old boy and 8 yr old boy, are there things at the park or close by that the kids would have a good time doing?
There will be plenty of families attending with all age groups. Kids are more than welcome, we love to see the young ones at the rallies.

Quote:
What is the weather normally like this time of year?
Variable - but last year we had some nice days and some light rain. Plenty nice to have walks on the beach. Too early to tell right now.

Quote:
Are there any sites still available with the AS crowd or close by?
Yes, call the campground or see above posts - there are a few open and people drop out sometimes so keep looking.

Quote:
How much are the sites?
First off, these are primo sites - I think they are $38 a night - but are paved level sites, water, 50/30 amp and cable TV all rolled into one. Very nice beach access and very clean.

Quote:
Are children normally welcome at these ralleys?
Yes, see above.

Quote:
I would appreciate any information concerning these questions. Thanks in advance.
You bet, Mike
Old 11-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #565
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Sites

These are the primo spots but there are a lot more sites outside this area and all are great with the same ammenities.For those that do not have an Airstream and would like to come down to check things out,They also have cabins or in there case they are small homes and are setup extremly nice and it is not that far to walk to.
I will have my 4 year old daughter with me.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #566
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Thanks for the info Carol, Mike and Devoman, it sounds like a lot of fun. With this ammunition I believe it will become a much easier sell to the wife. Again thanks a lot.

Heinlein
Old 11-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #567
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
I've been off the computor for a couple of days and now see that Artstream is coming to this rally. For those who don't know Artstream or his work, look back to yesterday's listings and see Michael's artwork that he is donating to the raffle. We own both and can't wait for the next three to come out. They are beautiful. Glad to see that trailer is fixed Michael, hope it is safe driving til we see you in Jan.

Marty and Dan Sorth
Annie and Sandy (2wired)
Old 11-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #568
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
DeLand , Florida
We will be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klattu
You should stop by,
Even if you change your mind between now and then, your not going to have this great a chance to see so many varieties of Airstreams in one visit.
We have open door policy in effect, usually on Saturday.

You will leave with a whole new outlook, and wonderment.
GREAT, my wife and will drop by on Saturday. Looing forward to meeting you and visiting with other AS Lovers.

Best regards to all,

Ray Stevens (No, not the singer although I played a lot of his music on my radio show. I was in radio broadcasting for 22 years....DJ, newsman and call-in talk show host.)
Old 11-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #569
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Well I would like to reserve a spot but on their website I see none available in the AS area for all three days. Does anybody know something I don't maybe about a spot being available. I tried looking for site 117 that someone said they changed from but the website doesn't even list site 117. Thanks a lot.

Heinlein
Old 11-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #570
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Sites 165 and 168 are available Tr, Fr,Sun, but not on Saturday.

Heinlein
Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #571
LookingThroughALens

1976 Argosy 24
Marietta , Georgia
See post 461/462 regarding site 117. Apparently it doesn't show up on line but you can reserve by calling. There are photos of the site on post 462.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #572
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Well I would like to reserve a spot but on their website I see none available in the AS area for all three days. Does anybody know something I don't maybe about a spot being available. I tried looking for site 117 that someone said they changed from but the website doesn't even list site 117. Thanks a lot.
If 117 is taken jump on the fifty series they are at the entrance to the rear section and closer to the heated swimming pool. It only cost $8.00 bucks to cancel so if another site opens you can always move. You will have to figure out which sites are near the entrance.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #573
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
I have reserved sight 50 for Thur., Fri., Sat. nights. I f I am able to switch to sight 117 or one of the other AS sites I will. Now what do I bring to the potluck, I'm thinking grit casserole. Uuuummmmm uummmmmmmm gooood!!!!

Heinlein
Old 11-05-2007, 03:59 AM   #574
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
I have reserved sight 50 for Thur., Fri., Sat. nights. I f I am able to switch to sight 117 or one of the other AS sites I will. Now what do I bring to the potluck, I'm thinking grit casserole. Uuuummmmm uummmmmmmm gooood!!!!
Looking forward to meeting you and you and your family. Bring your bikes Topsail has a very nice path to the beach which makes a great family ride. Please use the second link below and add yourself to the list of attendees.

Thanks Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #575
The SilverSleeper

2001 28' Excella
2005 25' Classic
1988 23' Excella
Daphne , Alabama
Tee Shirts

Is anyone working on making up tee-shirts for the 08 Can Opener, if so I'm in for 2. Looks like we are going to have a full house .The "ALABAMA GANG" is looking forward to meeting everybody as this is our 1st rally,(i get tired of talking to myself about Airstreams) BILL==SANDY==&=="BEAU"
Old 11-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #576
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Quote:
mrmossyone, glad you got a site. They don't list 117 on the website, but the reservations person assured me it was there! I switched from that site. Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #577
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey
mrmossyone, glad you got a site. They don't list 117 on the website, but the reservations person assured me it was there! I switched from that site. Looking forward to meeting you!
I talked to the park and they assure me there is a site 117 but when I called the reservation center they say that site 117 is not available. So does anyone know if someone else reserved that site or maybe the reservation center just hasn't released the availability of that site yet? I am really excited about the trip as are the kids, looking forward to meeting everyone and I hope I can get a site with the rest of the crowd before the ralley.

Heinlein
Old 11-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #578
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
If you want to change sites on Saturday, online it looks like 147, 165, and 168 are available for Friday. For Saturday and Sunday these sites are available 119,133,143 And these same sites are also available well beyond Sunday.

Check the date range availability

Campsite Availability Calendar - Topsail Hill, Florida - ReserveAmerica

photography
Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #579
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
I talked to the park and they assure me there is a site 117 but when I called the reservation center they say that site 117 is not available. So does anyone know if someone else reserved that site or maybe the reservation center just hasn't released the availability of that site yet? I am really excited about the trip as are the kids, looking forward to meeting everyone and I hope I can get a site with the rest of the crowd before the ralley.

Send this picture to them, maybe it will help them locate it. Nice Site.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #580
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We had a beautiful weekend this week so I was busy doing outside things and haven't been on-line since Friday. We will have our 7 year old son and 10 year old son with us...plus our 2 year old cocker spaniel.

Glad our group is still growing. Too bad we couldn't evict those SOB's (some-other-brands for the newbies) and get you guys in the back section and have it all to ourselves. Maybe we should start reserving sites for next year before we leave this year so we can keep out the "riff-raff"!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Closed Thread