Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2020, 11:29 PM   #41
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Bam: I drank your vodka this afternoon while working on the VVV here's to 2021!
One guzzle,,, Cheers!

Epi
Old 08-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Paradise , California
Bummer!

Realize this thread has been dead since April, but being new to the forum, had to jump in on this one.

What a total bummer, with a small silver lining. Would have been our 9th Burn, had already paid for DGS tickets and were waiting on news about WAPS for the MV our camp supports, when everything got cancelled.

Have seen and photographed Airstream Camp many times in the past as we're always in the same neighborhood, 3:15 & J.

However, with the cancelation, we decided to sell our overblown 35' double leaking slidouts Indiana built SOB and take our time replacing it. One thing led to another and brought our Silver Bullet home this weekend.

Looking forward to visiting Air Stream camp in BRC 2021 as fellow 'Streamers.
Ginophiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:59 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Welcome! We'll keep a light on for you..... And we'll all have more duties, the placement gods think we need to do more activities than we already do.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Welcome! We'll keep a light on for you..... And we'll all have more duties, the placement gods think we need to do more activities than we already do.
Thanks NevadaGeo, looking forward to it! Yeah on the placement Gods. We've always been Non-placed, but with the camp mayors becoming all powerful ticket brokers, we tried for placement last year and got it. But, didn't like where we were placed, just not our vibe, so we passed on a chunk of DGS tickets to be in our usual spot. The Playa provides!
Old 08-19-2020, 06:08 AM   #45
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Congrats on your new rig! We’ll take all the silver linings we can get these days. It’s an oddly quiet August this year with no Burn to look forward to. Hope we can all get back to the Playa in 2021...

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:18 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Paradise , California
Looking forward heading Home again! Speaking of, we may take an off season trip to the playa to experience it in a pristine state. Any guidance on how to clean the dust? In the past, we used vinegar on our RVs, but they weren't shiny aluminum. How have you all dealt with that? Also, thinking we should remove our curtains and put sun screens up so we don't have to mess with cleaning them. Any tips are greatly appreciated! When we're back home, come say hello at Sublime Oasis! We host a Steely Dan Happy Hour with Zombies and Kirshwasser in a shell.

Cheers,

Ginophiles
Old 08-22-2020, 12:33 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Air compressor inside, then vinegar. Bam camper brought her brand new Victorinox Bambi to the playa one year, has no issues, Air compressor and some weak vinegar.

But right now, I'd suggest waiting until the crowds disperse. The BLM may be touchy about too many people on playa for a while. I'm hearing DMV folks saying not to go out for the Labor day weekend.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-22-2020, 12:42 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Wait, you're from Paradise? I came within a day from being in that fire, but I got re dispatched to Antioch for another job. Contractor called for me to come out on Wednesday, but I told them I was in Antioch, they rescheduled for Saturday.. I would have been in a motel in Paradise Thursday morning with no warning of the fire that went through town in an hour at 09:00.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Paradise , California
Yes 'Geo, the Misses is born and raised, I moved up in 1980, middle of High School. After CSU Chico we bugged out to the big city and vowed never to return. Then realized the big city is over rated and headed back to Chico late '90s. Bought a lot just outside Paradise in '17 and had just finished building the house, I'm a contractor, summer of '18. Whatever hotel/motel they were putting you up in, is gone or damaged now.

Playa wise, some Chico burners are planning on heading out that weekend. I was with you, that the BLM guys would be uppity, but some of the people have been in contact with the rangers. Word is, more than 25 in a group and you need a permit. Don't crowd. Our friend that owns the MV our camp supports (and really that means me, I didn't build it, but I've become the crew chief for it) talked to the head ranger the other day. He told him, while it was once a Chevy S10 Blazer, its now a Tiki Bar with fire cannons and hasn't been registered in years.
"Can I drive it around the Playa"
"Yeah, whatever"
So, I don't know.
Some (Sunset Lounge), are headed out earlier. We're planning on heading out Friday, from the North, and camping where we usually do (3:15 & J, or at least where it was in '17). If its crowded, we'll move off. Our camp is about 8-10 people. If the Rangers have shut it down before we get there, not a problem, we'll head home. If it looks like a **** show, we'll leave or head further out and away.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:23 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Reidsville , Georgia
Very interested to know if 2021 info will be coming out soon. It will be my first with the Landyacht and a Marine buddy who has more camo gear and costumes than I might have space for
Would love to hear from regulars that might be hosting an Airstream group next year.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:52 AM   #51
Airstream Trippin

2020 33' Classic
Livingston , Texas
Me too!!!
Gigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #52
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Well 2020 has been quite a year.
Not sure what is happening yet for 2021 but if there is a Burn, Airstreameri will show up.
We will get a planning thread going soon and keep an eye on developments as they unfold.
Happy Holidays all and hope we can meet on the playa next summer!
Cheers.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:49 PM   #53
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
2021 Planning thread is up. Post those possibilities. Fingers crossed!

Cheers.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #54

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Thanks, Bam. It's good to see tradition is being upheld. I am watching the Olympics, which may be our best "early warning" bellwether.

Zep
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #55
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Bienvenu Jean!
Old 01-26-2021, 10:32 PM   #56
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Fingers crossed! I'm doubtful it will happen because there are too many unknowns and they can't cancel last minute but we should find out soon. I think the US and Canada 'should' be pretty clear by then but this greatly depends on the vaccinations and how many people actually take them... I think I'm scheduled to get mine in July and Aug so pretty tight...

Astro
jonvoigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:55 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Welcome home strangers and Happy New Year fellow dusyites. Bam has started the 2021? thread. I haven't heard any news, other than the survey on whatcha brung and whatcha gonna bring and are ya gonna have the infection injection injected injectformation with yer 8x10 glossies, remember Alice?, this isn't a song about Alice
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f28...ad-218700.html

NevadaGeo