Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
1) Obiwan & Dean the Mushroom Yoda: 24' Airstream Interstate motorhome (no tow vehicle) + a small yurt and monkey hut style shade structure. Obi arriving early on Friday am (Dean coming in later on the Burner Express)

2) Angela B & friend: small teardrop trailer with an SUV tow vehicle, coming in early on Saturday.

3) Twig & Squeeze: 16' Bambi Sport + Toyota 4Runner tow vehicle. Twig arriving early on Monday AM, Squeeze arriving later on Thursday PM on Burner Express.

4) Paige & Conroy: 25' Safari + F-250 Truck

5) Bev van Santen: 16’Bambi and Tundra (as long as I can get vehicle pass)

6) Funkee & Juju: 25' Rental RV (the Silver Olive is in the ICU) coming in Saturday the 24th?

7) Jon & Olga (Plus kids Jayden + Ryken) (Plus Mom Liz is coming mid week - Thurs): 30' Flying Cloud + Truck. Will be bringing the dome as well, 24' diameter, hoping we setup that where we had my shade structure last year, beside the post office. Will be bringing our camp sign too. (Coming Friday 23rd)

8) RonL: New to me 19' Bambi and same old Chevy truck.

9) Nevada Geo with brother Carl & Cat-tastic in the 31 foot Excella and truck. Will need the truck accessible to the street.

10) Bam camping in silver sprinter van with EZ Up on least windy side
11) We should add Michel and his team with the VVV. He'll want to be on a access route for the VVV.(I suspect he's already there waiting on the rest of us)

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Vehicle Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysville View Post
I picked up my vehicle pass yesterday so am good to go. Will be arriving Sunday.
First timer
What is address of the camp?
Is there a post somewhere that explains mission|theme if the camp?
Thank you
Bev
Did you find a vehicle pass? I heard of a ticket with vehicle pass available at my work today. apparently someone can't go now.

Also, any one that can't find their WAP, I have some extra's for Friday and Saturday. And maybe today (Tuesday) even if that last email from Zep is what I think it is. But we'll put you to work.

Last minute orders for virgins. Geology lesson. Study the ancient Lake Lahontan beach lines on the hills as you get close to the playa. Most of the state was under a lot of water for a long time, leaving beach lines on the hills as it dried up. I've never found anything interesting on any of those beaches though, just boring round gravel. If you have time coming up by Winnemmucca Lake, look at those stone Turtles on the lake edges. Interesting crystal formations, probably a boring iron carbonate.
And and, have 5 questions out of the Survival Guide to ask our placer Wrangler when you show up. Thanks
Carry on

NevadaGeo
Old 08-21-2019, 05:55 AM   #123
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
How's the hammock count going? Do we need more??

Also I know its last minute but is anyone bringing a bike rack?
I have a 4 bike rack on the back of my van. I also have an extra bike or 2 in my store-room in Fallon (but was not planning to haul extras in).

Obi
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #124
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Airstreams Galore!

It looks like 3:00 Sector is gonna be full of Airstreams. I see Burnstream Court is at 3:45 and Hyacinth this year.

Gonna miss everyone!

Brother Bill
StreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #125
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
For those of us that need a dose of playa, , ,

https://burningman.org/event/live-webcast/

Is working again this year along with BMIR radio
Old 09-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #126
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
A note of thanks!

What a fantastic camp we had this year! The new dome addition was amazing (big thanks Jon and Olga) and a great place to hang out and shade the new bar (well done Moondog). We did Annie and Bill proud with the postcards too. Paige’s signs were awesome and everyone jumped in to assist all who came to make postcards. Conroy kept a tally of what went out and to where. Totals? The VVV was looking good and touring regularly. Thanks Michel! Can’t wait to see what it does next year! A special thank you to Twig and Squeeze for the assist in locating my keys for my unexpected departure. My lovely helpful camp mates hastily unpacked my entire camper on to a tarp in the dust and searched all my worldly goods for that key. And then repacked everything in record time. (I eventually found my oatmeal in the glove box and a loaf of bread under my seat but all’s well that ends well.) I hope everyone’s exodus was smooth and trips home were enjoyable. Thanks to all who participated. And those who couldn’t make it (or had to leave early) had better show up next year! Can’t wait!
Cheers,
Bam
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:34 AM   #127

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Greenfield , Indiana
Hi, I'm new here. I plan on going to the 2020 Burning Man and need all the help/advice I can get on being part of your airstream campsite. Tickets all of that. We are looking at a 1960 Bambi to buy and bring her with us 🙂

Thank you!! Nice to meet you all!
Chiwan
Chiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #128
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Welcome Chiwan. Go to the Burning Man web site and read everything about the event especially all the prep info. Tickets for Burning Man 2020 will go on sale sometime in the spring of 2020. We will start a new planning thread after the first of the year. Our camp is open to everyone and no dues are required but you do need to get your own ticket(s) and vehicle pass.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #129
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salida , Colorado
Home

Thank you one and all for making my virgin burn a great memory.
Made it home safely yesterday. Mother Nature helped clean the truck and trailer with thundershowers. My great husband is helping clean out the back of the truck. He was astounded at the amount of dust.
A locksmith came out this morning to open the Tonneau cover. Keys were in the backpack just where I thought they would be. Learning experience for sure.
Best news, after providing a run down of events looks like he is interested in attending in a couple of years.
Bubbly
maysville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #130
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Been watching burners float thru Carson City, some overwhelming my park with a dump service/ 10 people using the showers (-), to one leaving extra gatorade & water (+).
The nite before opening, we had some staying over due to the traffic clogs, and moto racers from across the street. A different feel from the campers partying on this Sat nite.

From what I watched on playa action, I never saw center camp.
Did they move it? Was it the same center camp as built, say two years ago?
Some mention that it was placed deeper into the center camp circle, less prominent.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #131
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I finally got home last night, after a long and winding trip back to Oklahoma. I carried a couple of rideshares (Mack the Aussie, and Merlin the Seeker) as far as Avon Colorado, then was on my own for the rest of the trip. Merlin asked what this year's Burn was about for me, and after reflecting a bit, I had to say that it was about love. Love for my campmates - I had such a great Burn this year. It is amazing how much feeling you can harbor for folks that you see for only one week at a time, once a year. Jillybean says it is about the shared hardship and communal living - relying upon each other. I think that it also has something to do with a group of folks who embrace the 10 principles together. So much fun to see Funkee and JuJu again after their absence last year. The same for Bam and Ron. We missed you Bill and Annie, Dr. Quark, Archie, Crash, GiGi and Beekeeper, Billie and Frank, Cosmic and Spitfire!

I thought that the heart of the camp would be missing without GiGi, Rex and Tanya, but the constancy of Perry, Michel, Moondog and Ron, Bam & Ron added to the fabulous way that second year Airstreameri (Tango and Conroy, Astro, LeLoo, Dino & Rykin along with Cat-tastic, Celebrian and Arwen) stepped up to fill that void made our camp great again.

We had some great virgins this year too: Bubbly (Beverly), Indiana Jane (Robyn) and the 3 british boys Jamie (Jason) and Charlie (DJ Argonaut) + Ryan (DJ Whatnot).

It was great to have Twig for a little longer this year, and wonderful to have Squeeze for a few days (come longer next year!).

What an honor to walk the shiny penny shift with Ranger Falcon One (aka Astro, aka Jon) - Oh the stories we have to tell!

Well - back to wiping off dust for now. Miss you all already!

Obiwan
Old 09-09-2019, 08:24 AM   #132
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Well said Obi. I definitely didn’t get quite enough Playa love, art, and community to last until next year. Maybe we can plan a few regional rallies/camping trips/get togethers during the year to catch up and plan for the next Burn.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #133

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Here and There , California
Well said indeed.
RonL
Tranquilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #134
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Playa Postcard!

Hello all,

Thanks so much for our very thoughtful playa postcard! Me & Jethro were thrilled to discover in it the mail. It arrived quickly and is now prominently displayed in our kitchen where I am certain it will help sell our house with its playa magic! I remember Obi leading us all in 2018 in sending cards to our missing members, what a lovely camp tradition. <3

So happy you all had another amazing year, me & BeeKeeper were stalking you on the live cam and texting back and forth about what we saw. Jean/Bubbles saw the VVV! A vicarious burn is better than no burn at all!

MoonDog shared a few photos of the dome and the postcard tent and wow, it all looked fantastic! Can't wait to see more! Missed you all and hope to be back next year. Not sure how that will go with everything up in the air but are strategizing and considering different creative options.

Big thanks to Jon & Olka for transporting the peace sign to and fro. Was awesome to see the whole family and meet Ryken pre-burn and then get a little scoop from Jon on his way home.

<3 Gigi
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #135
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Facebook page

I have been busy trying to invite those who camped with us this year to the closed Airstreameri facebook group. Look it up if you are one of us. We can share photos there. It would be nice if we could get Crazy Carl to post his Airstreameri theme song there! I still can't believe that he broadcast it on the Black Rock radio station. What a guy! The Playa force is strong within that one!

Obiwan
Old 09-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #136
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Jim, My Facebook account seems to be waiting for you to accept my request to join. I have never set up one of these pages so I could be failing to operate it properly.

Love the idea of a caravan or rally somewhere. Perhaps we can leverage an existing event somewhere and gather to camp together. Carrie and I will come up with some ideas to share.

We have had a lovely time in the Canadian maritime provenances. An extended tour of Newfoundland was fascinating. We are in Ottawa headed home. Our daughter has been house sitting all this time so I expect home will have changed a little.

Cosmic, Spitfire
deepfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #137
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfringe View Post
Jim, My Facebook account seems to be waiting for you to accept my request to join. I have never set up one of these pages so I could be failing to operate it properly.

Love the idea of a caravan or rally somewhere. Perhaps we can leverage an existing event somewhere and gather to camp together. Carrie and I will come up with some ideas to share.

We have had a lovely time in the Canadian maritime provenances. An extended tour of Newfoundland was fascinating. We are in Ottawa headed home. Our daughter has been house sitting all this time so I expect home will have changed a little.

Cosmic, Spitfire
I am having some trouble with the facebook group this morning too. Working on it!
Old 11-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #138
1 Rivet Member

I’m attending in my Airstream. Can’t wait to join you. Been trying to prepare early.Let me know when The 2020 talks start.
Thanks,
Slim Chance
slim chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #139
1 Rivet Member

I’d love to be considered to join. I’m in a 27 ft international. Need to prepare for the dust and would love a group of Airstreamers to camp with!
slim chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:33 PM   #140
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Welcome welcome welcome! We’re mostly hibernating fos a few months. Somebody will post a link here when we start the Burning Man 2020 Planning thread . Usually after New Years.

NevadaGeo