Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #181
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Hoping to attend for the first time in 2020. I have a relative that went for the first time this year and she was forever changed. Just trying to start wrapping my head around getting inside the airstream circle there. Are there RV places that allow you to rent for BM?

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
Old 09-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #182
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Great posts, everyone. Marty and I are up on the Olympic Peninsula looking at wooden kayaks. Having great fun, but only occasional internet connection. I'll post photos in a couple weeks when I get home.

BTW, I got caught in the gate accident Monday afternoon and it took 7-1/2 hours to get to Fernly. Arrrrgghhhh.

Zep
Old 09-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #183

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Great posts, everyone. Marty and I are up on the Olympic Peninsula looking at wooden kayaks. Having great fun, but only occasional internet connection. I'll post photos in a couple weeks when I get home.

BTW, I got caught in the gate accident Monday afternoon and it took 7-1/2 hours to get to Fernly. Arrrrgghhhh.

Zep

Sorry to hear about Zep. That sound painful. I had a smooth exit at 4:20am w Crash, Gigi and Beekeeper which makes sleeping in the car worthwhile.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #184
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1977 View Post
Hoping to attend for the first time in 2020. I have a relative that went for the first time this year and she was forever changed. Just trying to start wrapping my head around getting inside the airstream circle there. Are there RV places that allow you to rent for BM?
Ha, renting RV places. That's a word for Plug and Play, which we're trying very hard to eliminate on playa. Folks pays money, paid employees set up RV's in a closed compound with catered food, chefs, Mutant Vehicles and ..
Oh. You mean renting an RV yourself to take out to the playa. There's a lot of rented SOB's out there. Probably cheaper to buy your own than rent one for the week though.

NevadaGeo
Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post

Zep
Wow, I waited till about 9pm Monday to leave and sounds like I almost got to Fernley about the same time you did. Maybe that's what the slow driving most of the way to Nixon was about.

I was remarking to Cat how great the access road was this year, coming in and going out both. Smooth ride!

NevadaGeo
Old 09-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #186
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Welcome WhizKid

Yay! Jean is monitoring the message board!
Old 09-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #187
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
- , My heart is in Colorado
Hi all!

Conroy and I were so happy to have found and camped with such a wonderful group for our first burn. You all rock, and we gained such a better understanding of all things BRC as a result of your years of experience. We really look forward seeing everyone again. We'll bring more snacks to share The Airstreameri (and what not) camp seems to embody all that Burning Man strives to be. Love you all!

We had a long gate exit on Monday afternoon, and since Zep mentioned an accident at Gate, that would make sense. We pulled into Pyramid Lake well after dark (10:00 ish), and camped for a couple nights. What an incredible place to decompress and swim in cool, clean water.

After that, we headed to Winnemucca for laundry, cleaning and new air filters for the truck, then to Boise, ID where neither of us had been. A few nights there, and a few more in the Sawtooth Rec Area before heading back to Denver, as we have some business and air traveling to do from here. We'll hit the road officially full timing sometime in early October.

I'll let you know if we do some sort of social media or other posting/blogging, where the hell are we type of communications. In the mean time, know that meeting and camping with all of you started our new journey off on the best imaginable foot possible. Thank you and much love!

Paige
Old 09-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #188

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
What a delight to meet you both. Loved your style and enthusiasm and so happy that you started your journey basically with us. Wishing you luck for the rest of your journey. Jean (bubbles)
Old 09-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #189
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Ha, renting RV places. That's a word for Plug and Play, which we're trying very hard to eliminate on playa. Folks pays money, paid employees set up RV's in a closed compound with catered food, chefs, Mutant Vehicles and ..
Oh. You mean renting an RV yourself to take out to the playa. There's a lot of rented SOB's out there. Probably cheaper to buy your own than rent one for the week though.

Yeah, unfortunately I am referring to renting an SOB. I simply don't have the vacation time to drive my airstream from North Carolina to Nevada, spend the week, and drive back. I was hoping to cut out the drive time and rent something instead. I appreciate your feedback.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #190
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
There has been some pushback from the RV rental establishment, along with moving truck rentals.
All the playa dust in, around, and on the rental returns, is a very time consuming job to remove back to clean as new condition.
I can't say as to now, but back before the "turn of the century", your destination would kill the deal for renting.

Just a heads up, don't wait until the last moment to try and rent one and be disappointed.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:28 AM   #191
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Gotcha. I've started googling, and there are a few that seem to market themselves to BM, amazingly enough. The dust is another concern for dragging my own airstream out there, but I digress.

Hoping to make a go of it...we'll see what happens.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #192
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
There is also car/van/tent/yurt camping. (And plenty of porta potties). We usually manage to squeeze in a lost soul or two and a few random Airstreameri without their Airstreams.

Good luck!

Old 09-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #193
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
My photos are up on Kim's Google Photo page. All of mine are reduced to 1200 pixels wide, so if you want a full resolution copy, let me know.

Zep
Old 10-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #194
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I finally added some photos to Kim's page too. If you see something you want in higher rez, email me.

Jim (Obiwan)
Old 10-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #195
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Where is Kim's page?

Jon
Old 10-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #196
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Kim's page
Old 10-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #197
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Very nice photos looks like good time.

Hittenstiehl
Old 10-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #198
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
MoopMap

From what I can see, it looks like a YEAYYYYY all GREEN!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6958-2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	518.9 KB
ID:	325066  

NevadaGeo
Old 12-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #199
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
- , My heart is in Colorado
Hello all!!!

Participating in much mailing and shipping and sending of greetings this time of year, I wanted to reach out to the most wonderful people of our Airstreameri and What Not family. I hope you all have a wonderful and peaceful holidays.

I answered one of my own questions from Burning Man today...How much DOES it cost to ship an international postcard? Answer: $1.15. It may go up a bit in 2019, but I'll be prepared for this question next time I'm asked. And now, so will you... That's my gift today. Much love.

-Paige (& Conroy)
Old 12-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #200
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Fullerton , California
Good to hear from you! Where are you guys traveling now?

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papatango View Post
Hello all!!!

Participating in much mailing and shipping and sending of greetings this time of year, I wanted to reach out to the most wonderful people of our Airstreameri and What Not family. I hope you all have a wonderful and peaceful holidays.

I answered one of my own questions from Burning Man today...How much DOES it cost to ship an international postcard? Answer: $1.15. It may go up a bit in 2019, but I'll be prepared for this question next time I'm asked. And now, so will you... That's my gift today. Much love.

-Paige (& Conroy)
Closed Thread