Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #141
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Crew(s) Wanted!

We need three person teams to operate the VVV: Driver, Pilot & Engineer. These positions require the highest skill, deepest dedication and wildest enthusiasm! Comprehensive and intense training course on site is available (10 minutes) AND you get to wear a beautiful ID Card certifying you in your position with the logo posted below, But wait, THERE'S MORE! 5 stickers bearing the same logo to bring back home!

Cheers

PS Still need cushions
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #142
1 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
El Cajon , California
Burning Man 2016

Just found out we now have tickets and myself and my partner will be attending in our 1961 Bambi, would love to hook up with you guys if at all possible, would love to also help in anyway I can.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #143
1 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
El Cajon , California
Just found out we now have tickets and myself and my partner will be attending in our 1961 Bambi, would love to hook up with you guys if at all possible, would love to also help in anyway I can.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:54 PM   #144
Burner since '95

1972 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Weed , California
Shortcut to the Playa!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ShortCutToBRC.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	268330
Old 08-06-2016, 04:54 AM   #145
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Jilly Bean and I would love to be part of a VVV crew!

Obi Wan
Old 08-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #146
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Thank you Jilly Bean and ObiWan! You are signed on!

VVV Update: The plywood body panels are now all secured; seats for about 8 not including crew installed; the grill is being delightfully designed and will be mounted this coming week and the whole body painted black. Island friends skilled in upholstery are coming by on Monday to take the conical tarp off and cut it to fit well, complete with a window so the driver can see what 's going on!

With the tarp off, Bob and I can mount the bubbler, fogger, ducting ,generator, do the duct work, bubbler plumbing and then have a test tun. We are not mounting the lights till we get to BRC but there are around 2,000 of them. ( red light strings still happily accepted ( lava flow!))

We extend thanks to a variety of people that have helped make this loonie idea become a reality....Hugs

M
Old 08-07-2016, 01:09 AM   #147
1 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
El Cajon , California
Would love to join you guys on the Playa

Would love to camp with your group, I know I am very late to the planning process but just found out we were able to go. Room for another Airstream? :-)
Old 08-07-2016, 10:52 PM   #148
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxotxx View Post
Would love to camp with your group, I know I am very late to the planning process but just found out we were able to go. Room for another Airstream? :-)
Yeesh, toxxoxx, a name? Best to contact Zeppelinium, he's our Chief Wrangler and Placer of all things Alluminumium and Wayward Dustyites. I'm not sure what kind of room we have left but we haven't tried double decking anyone yet.

But, job requirements of all Newbies are, but not inclusive:
1) Have 5 questions out of the 2016 Survival Guide that you got with the tickets in order to be placed.,
2) Keep our Largest Playa Map up to date of all our camp neighbors by kidnapping our playa Goddess Placerperson and copying the Top Secret playa plan she is carrying. Oh, we haven't gotten the material yeet to make the Largest Playa Map but I might have some; that and a string and markers to make the hemicircles and Precise Drafting Skills to create the map.
3) You are in charge of bringing Das GrossestButterflugenMoopenDeflogger to catch any Moopen flying by, and having einen MoopenDepository
4) Camp Potluck 6ish sharp on Wednesday, followed by
5) Your scientific talk or perhaps a talk by our resident Dr.s of all things Ladylike after our Annual Potluck,
6) Help with the Surfing bar; bringing or drinking,
7) Help with The Best Playa Post Card table; BRING POST CARD POSTAGE or carry the mail to BRC3PO,
8) Go out there and bring back news and photos of All the ART on the Playa,
and
9) Help with the VVV Mutant Vehicle; I've heard they may need some electrical engineering with AWESOME WOW Light installation.

carry on, as you were. and listen to BMIR Radio

http://www.bmir.org/

NevadaGeo
Old 08-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #149
1 Rivet Member

2011 16' International
Santa Cruz , California
Big crowd

Yes, the gyno's are coming back, with family in tow. Sister Jill plus all three of our kids. We have bubble fluid for the vagina vehicle, and postcard stamps, and postcards, and lots of other giveaways. Kelli and I will do our "Click and Clack of Clits and Clap" talk on Wednesday evening. I just had surgery on my leg, so will likely be sticking close to camp, but am looking forward to rides on the mutant vagina volcano. Kelli is very excited to drive. Sign her up for plenty of shifts.
Our oldest child, Nyeland, a mad dentist, has just purchased a yurt set-up from a group of retiring Burners in the East Bay. He'd like to set it up in our camp if there's room, but it's BIG: 16' X 22' needed to set it up. If there's room, the kids will join us. If not, they will visit. No big deal if it's all too crowded.
We have no cushions here. Sorry.
What else?
Gail and family

Old 08-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #150
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Gail, we can always fit a big Yurt in. That's about the size of a tow vehicle, so no problem

xxotxx, we have 3 spots remaining, so you are welcome. With the exception of the reserved spots for those who are parking immediate to the post card tent and the tiki bar, I park attendees on a first come first served basis. But there are no bad parking spots--we try to put the generator users off by themselves, so please announce your druthers. Also, we need to know if you are sharing a generator.

Dr Quark
Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #151
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
cosmicray here,

1. regarding art car, I learned to work on cars long ago as a teenager on my dads Alfa Rameo..ugh and I am competent on electrical matters, so happy to help in the pits, and on the playa. Will be packing subset of tools.
2. Currently working the WFIRST mission http://wfirst.gsfc.nasa.gov/ and will be ready to speak on dark energy/matter and astrobiology
3. Now likely arriving Friday, late afternoon, early entry passes are in hand

cosmicray and spitfire
Old 08-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #152
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
I was able to scavenge up some 5 chair cushions. Cushions in good shape but covering is crap. Duct tape might help. Or maybe they'll fit in a pillow cover. Will try to collect more.

Spent the better part of a day trying to get my water pump working. A PO added some hoses (assuming, since they're not on the schematic) and I can't figure out what to do with them. After running the pump for a bit, it dead stopped. Hopefully a fuse but I was too exhausted to look. So,I gave several 5-gal water bottles to work with now. LOL. Telling my guests, Olive still beats a tent!!

Cheers.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #153
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Thanks everyone for all the Love! The VVV should be a hoot :-)

I am attaching three photos to give you an idea of our progress.
We are working on the ducting and wiring right now; the black tarp has been cut to fit and we will mount it on the weekend when we dry run the bubbler, fogger and upper lights. If all systems are go, then we will collapse cone by lowering the steel pillar and wrap the whole thing up for transport.

We have EA passes ( we'll know for sure on the 12 or 13th) ) and expect to arrive on the 27th so that we will have at least a day to rig all the lights - by my count almost 6,000 LEDs.

We are very grateful for all the help - juice, cushions, electrics, crew - everything in fact. This MV is an Airstreameri effort for sure :-)

Cheers!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160806_130549.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	268830   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160811_102651.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	475.0 KB
ID:	268831  

Name:	20160811_102708.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	268832  
Old 08-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #154
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Woo and HOO. Lots of new Airstreameri for our camp. Always fun.
Don't worry Newbs, Dr. Quark's bark is worse than his bite and Nevada Geo is secretly a sweetie.

The mannequin Greeter Girls will be attending once again. Wanda, Lorelei, Hattie, and of course that tall drink of water Muffie will be there but Creepy Carl has been banished since the alien encounter with Cargo Cult.

Can't wait to see the completed VVV. Sounds amazing. Peeps should be forewarned though if anyone strolls into our camp offering to ride one of our "V", our feisty females may have a few words to say.

And games? Yay!

Won't be long now...tasting dust already. See y'all soon!

Old 08-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #155
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
Ventura , California
I just wanted to say 'hello' to everyone that's going, and 'thanks' for the tips that folks have given in this thread.

I'm a 1st-time burner with an old mostly-original Argosy, who's been tempted into going by an old friend that's been there once-before. We're joining (and helping out) at one of the existing theme camps way up in the presumably-noisy 6:30 & Arno region, so I expect that I'm not going to get much sleep during the event.

I'm hurriedly trying to finish off some deferred-maintenance on the Argosy, and trying to get all prepared, and was wondering if anyone had any other tips that might help.

In particular ... with the huge front window on the Argosy, should I be trying to tape-up some reflective-film on the windows?

I've only got a small 15G grey tank, but I've seen mention here of folks letting water out of the grey and evaporating it. May I ask how that's recommended to be done, and what extra equipment I'd need? I've got a dump-connector-to-hose-connector, but presumably I can't just dump straight out onto the Playa.

Howdy, and thanks!
Old 08-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #156
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmer View Post
I just wanted to say 'hello' to everyone that's going, and 'thanks' for the tips that folks have given in this thread.

I'm a 1st-time burner with an old mostly-original Argosy, who's been tempted into going by an old friend that's been there once-before. We're joining (and helping out) at one of the existing theme camps way up in the presumably-noisy 6:30 & Arno region, so I expect that I'm not going to get much sleep during the event.

I'm hurriedly trying to finish off some deferred-maintenance on the Argosy, and trying to get all prepared, and was wondering if anyone had any other tips that might help.

In particular ... with the huge front window on the Argosy, should I be trying to tape-up some reflective-film on the windows?

I've only got a small 15G grey tank, but I've seen mention here of folks letting water out of the grey and evaporating it. May I ask how that's recommended to be done, and what extra equipment I'd need? I've got a dump-connector-to-hose-connector, but presumably I can't just dump straight out onto the Playa.

Howdy, and thanks!
Hi Elmer,
No, you can't dump grey water on the playa. I've seen people use small kiddie pools or something equivalent to hold a small amount of water to evaporate.
But I did want to mention that the "pump trucks" circle the playa mid week, usually on Thursday for our area. They will pump both your tanks for a fee. You just flag them down and they are happy for the business.
Enjoy. Come by and say hello!

Old 08-13-2016, 10:49 PM   #157
Burner since '95

1972 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Weed , California
Gray Water Evap Pond

I've used this at the burn for the past 15+ years... works great!
May sound complicated but builds pretty easy.

See 'ya on the playa,
Monte
Burnstream Court
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gray Water Evaporation Pond.pdf (61.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 08-14-2016, 07:07 AM   #158
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I will stock up on postcard postage (stamps, right? or do we need cards too?). Jilly Bean is an MD,PhD psychiatrist/psychologist/university professor with expertise in women's issues (hormones & mood, sexual dysfunction, etc) so we could probably coax a talk out of her - any requests? - she can talk on dozens of topics and is a really dynamic speaker. Right now her big thing is the microbiome and how it impacts the brain. She's also crazy about food & mood, and just prepared a new lecture on this topic, so it is fresh in her mind.

Sound's like everyone is getting ramped up for their trips. I have been packing the Interstate - took out the rear seats to make room for gear, attached a 4 bike hitch mounted rack and got rid of the plan to tow a cargo trailer - so I won't have that taking up space in the campground. Shroom Yoda is vague about camping with us, he might go elsewhere 'cause he is worried that he will be surrounded by lots of loud generators, but if he does camp next to us his yurt is very compact with 4x4 panels . . . a very small footprint really. He also sets up a small monkey hut shade structure right next to and partly over it, but the whole set--up still requires very little square footage. If he does stay with us we could maybe get him to give us a mushroom talk. He is truly an expert on them.

Obi Wan
Old 08-14-2016, 07:15 AM   #159
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Oh yes, and I forgot to mention that the Shroom Yoda (Dean) says he would be happy to be the third on a VVV crew with me (Jim) and Jilly Bean (Jill).

ObiWan
Old 08-14-2016, 02:45 PM   #160
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Plan to arrive afternoon of Friday 26. Happy to help. Will throw mix of electrical connectors crimp tools etc into my gear. Cosmicray
Closed Thread