Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 08:29 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
We'll do a final head count in June. We've always been able to fit everyone in. Six years ago it got a little bit tight, we even had to ask some of the "girls" to back their Airstreams. Great entertainment for all. But now we are a well-trained and ready team. You will enjoy the group--we don't have many shrinking violets.

Zep
Old 05-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrid3r View Post
Trainwreck reporting for duties🙋. I will be providing espresso again this year. Last year 300 shots lasted 2 days. This year i will be doubling my inventory. Also looking forward to do volunteer work in BRC for the full 7 days. Any job recommendations? Art car is looking good! Cant wait to NOT get lost in the playa and loose my buddy's bike like last year. 😂😂😂
Welcome home Trainwreck! Fill out the volunteer sheet in your Burner Profile, you'll be inundated with all kinds of outfits needing your body. Airport can be fun. I do DMV. Artsy folks can try the Arterie . I'm sure Gate and Exodus need lots of bodies.

NevadaGeo
Old 05-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #83
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Fullerton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Welcome home Trainwreck! Fill out the volunteer sheet in your Burner Profile, you'll be inundated with all kinds of outfits needing your body. Airport can be fun. I do DMV. Artsy folks can try the Arterie . I'm sure Gate and Exodus need lots of bodies.

Forms filled put.

How do i apply for DMV? Sure looks like a fun and interesting job.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
I'm trying to put a list together and prioritize things I need to work on during the next several months so that when my guests arrive, we'll be ready to hit the road.

Several maintenance items that the Silver Olive needs: fix door latch so that you can actually exit the trailer (vs climbing out the rear window); dewinterize; check water pump and stove; install new 3-way refer; etc....

And things specifically for the event: find add'l blue boy/5 gal canisters; get bikes from craigslist/goodwill and tune-up; get camp chairs; ; large cheap-o rug; etc.

Does Airstreameri have a camp shade structure? Or should I plan to build one? I've been reading eplaya and have a handle how to build it - but damn - it's an investment!

Do you still do the post card depot? And can/should we bring supplies to donate to it?

And what about generators? I have a fairly large Honda - and can build a baffle box to help with noise. Is using one during the afternoon frowned upon in Airstreameri?

These are just a few things that I've been thinking about....

Laura
Old 05-17-2016, 10:59 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
I'm trying to put a list together and prioritize things I need to work on during the next several months so that when my guests arrive, we'll be ready to hit the road.

Several maintenance items that the Silver Olive needs: fix door latch so that you can actually exit the trailer (vs climbing out the rear window); dewinterize; check water pump and stove; install new 3-way refer; etc....

And things specifically for the event: find add'l blue boy/5 gal canisters; get bikes from craigslist/goodwill and tune-up; get camp chairs; ; large cheap-o rug; etc.

Does Airstreameri have a camp shade structure? Or should I plan to build one? I've been reading eplaya and have a handle how to build it - but damn - it's an investment!

Do you still do the post card depot? And can/should we bring supplies to donate to it?

And what about generators? I have a fairly large Honda - and can build a baffle box to help with noise. Is using one during the afternoon frowned upon in Airstreameri?

These are just a few things that I've been thinking about....

Laura
Don't worry, be happy! Yes, we do have a Costco carport we use for the Best Playa Post Cards and everything else, you can bring artsy materials for the post card table but we frown on collage cut and paste; the post office brought them back and said " Blechk, we don't want those." and a fine lady from Florida had to put them in envelopes and put another stamp on them. And Bammers will get you for MOOPing from the tiny cuts. Oh yes, post card postage gifting is good.
Don't be afraid to use your generator. Baffle boxes don't seem to work too well, they tend to overheat your generator and don't reduce the volume much. Or mine didn't.
Oh, careful with rugs; they tend to stick to the playa and Gigi will get you. Plastic under the rug helps. Absolutely everyone needs a bicycle unless you like to walk long ways.

And, anyone for 4thJuplaya? I'm hoping to get the Silver Dragon out there for the 4th, if work allows. Fine shake down cruise and get to know the playa without the 65,000 others out there. Lets say meet at the Man site, or somewhere else. Its surprising you can't find folks just a few miles away out there, something about curvature of your mirage or something.

and Hi Monte!

NevadaGeo
Old 05-30-2016, 11:58 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
"Volcanic Vag-en-nah" ..that's got to be it ...but wait ...."Vintage Vag-en-nah ...mmmm very nice too!!

And Laura - you are not alone - Pun Bob and I are eagerly talking about BM weekly and accumulating what we need for the VVGN.

:-)

Cheers
I participated in processing the other day, seems they get about 20 or 25 MV's done a session. I looked up Volcanic Vag-en-nah #0669, the review que shows #0555 is up next. So, about 5 or 6 processing sessions for it to come up. Be sure to sign on and participate!

NevadaGeo
Old 06-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
I have a shade structure that is based on a discarded canvas hunting tent. The canvas rotted away. I repurposed the sturdy frame along with a new silver white tarp. Room for 6 easy, or perhaps 8 or 10. I nail it down with rebar hose clamped to the legs of the frame. Has held up well on several burns. I will pack it for community use.

I installed roof top solar over the weekend. put it off much too long.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #88
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Hi 'Streameri!

We have a conditional approval for our VVV at BM. Conditional upon and inspection which is fine with us.

Bob and I have been a little reluctant to spend gobs of money on the truck chassis until we knew that it was a go, it is, so we are spending :-( ( Oh well, we only live once!)

A welder and metal fabricator is coming by on Tuesday to see how much work has to be done for the frame which we will then cover in plywood..

We have decided to rent an open trailer to bring this down to BM because the mechanics of building one with a collapsing tower infrastructure is too complicated. With a permanent tower it wont fit into Bobs covered trailer.

We would sure greatly appreciate your contributions to this thing.... Specifically we will need about 15 gallons of gas ( jerry cans); fog mixture and bubble mixtures (6 jugs each machine) , at least 15 large HD cushions, two walkie talkies; some 110v lighting - strobes/lasers etc to add on and teams of two who will operate the VVV at night...Shift length ( 3 hrs?) and frequency is open to discussion but it would be nice to have it out every night. Also if anyone has a boom box and would be willing to burn a CDR with hours of 50s and 60s music... super :-)

This thing, err I mean the "Vintage Volcanic Vah-ge-nah", should be a hoot and fun for all of us :-)

Contact me on this site or email me "rmbourassa@gmail.com"

Cheers!
Old 06-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #89
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Here's a clue

This year's theme camps have been announced. Are we in there? http://burningman.org/event/brc/2016-theme-camps/

NevadaGeo
Old 06-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Hi 'Streameri!

We have a conditional approval for our VVV at BM. Conditional upon and inspection which is fine with us.

Bob and I have been a little reluctant to spend gobs of money on the truck chassis until we knew that it was a go, it is, so we are spending :-( ( Oh well, we only live once!)

A welder and metal fabricator is coming by on Tuesday to see how much work has to be done for the frame which we will then cover in plywood..

We have decided to rent an open trailer to bring this down to BM because the mechanics of building one with a collapsing tower infrastructure is too complicated. With a permanent tower it wont fit into Bobs covered trailer.

We would sure greatly appreciate your contributions to this thing.... Specifically we will need about 15 gallons of gas ( jerry cans); fog mixture and bubble mixtures (6 jugs each machine) , at least 15 large HD cushions, two walkie talkies; some 110v lighting - strobes/lasers etc to add on and teams of two who will operate the VVV at night...Shift length ( 3 hrs?) and frequency is open to discussion but it would be nice to have it out every night. Also if anyone has a boom box and would be willing to burn a CDR with hours of 50s and 60s music... super :-)

This thing, err I mean the "Vintage Volcanic Vah-ge-nah", should be a hoot and fun for all of us :-)

Contact me on this site or email me "rmbourassa@gmail.com"

Cheers!
Yeayy!!! The "conditional" would probably mean they haven't seen your work yet, and want to see if you bring what you draw. That's certainly a good sign, a lot of applkications get the "need more information" letter. Oh, No lasers! unless they pass the requirements. No strobes that look like an emergency vehicle.

NevadaGeo
Old 06-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #91
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
BRC Streets

Here's a link to this year's street names, and the Borg explanation

http://burningman.org/event/black-ro...ock-city-plan/

http://z9hbb3mwou383x1930ve0ugl.wpen...RC2016-Map.pdf

NevadaGeo
Old 06-17-2016, 11:39 PM   #92
Burner since '95

1972 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Weed , California
Burnstream Court is also listed!
http://burningman.org/event/brc/2016...ix=B&yyyy=2016
Old 06-21-2016, 11:19 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Latest no news #3

Here's the Placement Letter #3. Oh, the WhoWhatWhereWhyWhatfor listing is coming up soon, anybody want to do some verbosity for it?

Placement Newsletter # 3 2016

In this issue:

1. Playa Events Directory
2. Theme Camp Web listing
3. A survey from Burners Without Borders
4. Insurance for Art and Theme Camps
5. Potable Water
6. Fuel

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dear Citizens of Black Rock City!

Your hardworking Placement Team volunteers reviewed over 1485 questionnaires this year! We will place more camps than ever and for the first time in our history; more camps requested the Large Scale Sound Art area of the city than we have space for. If you requested LSSA, there is a chance you might need to adapt your interactivity if you really want placement.

Placing as many Interactive Theme Camps as we can and finding home for Artists coming in early and our volunteer friends who want a reserved spot means we are going to get cozy! So let's talk about neighborliness.

It starts with saying hi and introducing yourselves and welcoming each other to your mutual vacation. We are all on holiday together, isn't that cool? In a city we built ourselves, for each other.

Wow, I can't think of a better place to spend a few days with people important to me.

Even though we haven't met before, we are all in the same community and we can treat each other with respect and compassion right away. We've all worked very hard to get to Black Rock City and we want to keep working, but also keep the drama at bay. Most of the problems we face, we can solve together, like noise and boundaries.

Let's all pinky swear to take the high road against drama. Let's drink cool water together instead.
Let's have each other's backs – see a problem with bikes at your neighbor's party, ask the Rangers for help. See a way to share a fire lane, talk together. Have extra resources? Think about sharing.

Black Rock City works because we work with each other.

Working together is the secret sauce of Burning Man, and that is the key point to make when acculturating someone to life in Black Rock City. Theme Camps are experts on the 10 Principles, and also about how to participate, how to prepare and how to act with one another. Take a moment to really talk with a new Burner, I bet you'll come away feeling more proud of what you build and share and more motivated to keep doing what you are doing. What a great gift for each of you!! Ha, gifting – see how I did that??!!

Gifting is one of the 10 principles and it really is the essence of all of you in Placed Camping. You bring gifts to share, no expectations of anything in return. In case you don't really know how profoundly inspiring that is, let me tell you. It is rare in this give and take world and it is beautiful. Hats off to all of you!

This is a big and wordy Newsletter. Enjoy the content and take a moment to drink your water, pat yourself on the back and get back to your lists.

Placement will be announced in early July!

- Answergirl

1. The "When?" of the What? Where? When? Guide

Get ready to tell the world about your on playa events in 140 characters or less.

The listing next week - stay tuned to the JRS for exact details.

Whether you're showing a movie at your hand-built drive-in theater, holding a life-size whack-a-mole tournament, or hosting daily tantric yoga classes at your camp, be sure to add your event to the 2015 Playa Events
Registration, so people know when and where to find it!

Don't worry that you don't have your placed location, we'll take care of listing your address with your events.

The link to add your event to the 2016 Directory is http://playaevents.burningman.com/

The on-line submission form and directory will be available through the Burning Man event, but only the first 1500 received, will also be included in the What? Where? When? guide, the printed playa events listing that's handed out at the Greeters' Station.

Where else do Playa Events appear? If you've marked your event to be public, it will be found in a variety of places:

The API (Application Programming Interface) for software developers to include in their mobile or PC applications.

The Directory computer system at Playa Info, where participants can add more events as well as browse them. If you add a password, you can edit your event on the Directory.

2. Theme Camp Listing - see your name in lights!

Each year we publish a list of every camp requesting Placement and indicated it's okay to be publicly listed.

This is not a list of Placed camps - just those who completed a questionnaire.

If you indicated that you did NOT want to be "Publicly Listed" on your questionnaire, your camp will not be there.

If you spot an error, please contact placement@burningman.org and we will correct it.

The list is almost live and will be found here: burningman.org/event/brc/2016-theme-camps/

3. A Survey from our friends with Burners Without Borders!

Hello Burning Man theme camp leaders!

We're conducting a survey of theme camp best practices in the worlds of energy, transportation, and sustainability. The purpose of this survey is to amplify the good and innovative things that are already going on on playa and sharing them with the rest of the community.

This is an effort by camp IDEATE, and all information will be collected, curated and made public.
PLEASE be direct, succinct and specific. That will make it easier for us to use your valuable info.
So, let's share our best practice, mitigate our impact and do the impossible... create an even better Burning Man.
Burning Man Theme Camp Best Practices & Sustainability Survey: http://bit.ly/28ggw20
- Ryan (VaJazzle), IDEATE, + others!

4. Insurance for Artists, Theme Camps and Mutant Vehicles.

The New York-based nonprofit Fractured Atlas has developed a liability insurance program for Burning Man artists, theme camps, and mutant vehicles to cover their activities in Black Rock City. It covers liability due to injury or property damage with a $1,000,000 limit. If you have any questions about the policy or wish to sign up, please contact Fractured Atlas via their website (application form, FAQ, Contact info). We don't officially recommend this program and can't advise you about whether it provides the right coverage for your specific situation, but thought you might want to know that it is available.

5. Potable Water Policy

The final version of the Potable Water Hauler Policy and Application for Burning Man are now available. This policy and application have been approved by supervisors within the Health Division and it is now posted online.

It is available online at http://dpbh.nv.gov/Reg/Temp-E/Temporary_Events_Home/

On this website you will find the policy and application via links. You will see -
"Potable Water Hauling at Burning Man
Any person who is hauling, delivering, vending, providing, or selling potable water to any individual or organized camp other than their own private or individual camp at Burning Man must be permitted by either the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (NDPBH) or the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP).
Small black square Potable Water Hauling Policy for Burning Man
Small black square Potable Water Hauling Application for Burning Man

Potable Water Exemptions at Burning Man
This policy does not apply to RV providers which provide a fully stocked RV for individual use."

6. Fuel for Art, Theme Camps and Mutant Vehicles at Burning Man

We are pleased to announce that we will be helping keep the city ablaze by giving you the ability to purchase fuel for your registered Art Projects, Theme Camps and Mutant Vehicles for 2016. Please read on for more information!

One of the ways you can help us protect the Playa is by storing as little fuel as possible in your camp. Each point of transfer is a risk of spill, fire or worse. It is preferable to have generators filled daily by the fuel team rather than storing fuel in your camp and filling equipment yourself.

Hell Station: The Hell Station is located near 10:00 & L and has gasoline, clear diesel, dyed diesel, and propane. It is also the place you would go to finish setting up your account when you arrive on playa.

Hell Station will open August 22 for account set-up. Deliveries and station fueling will begin on August 24th and will run through September 4. Station hours will run daily from 8:00 AM-5:30 PM.
Art Projects that arrive prior to this should relay their fuel needs through Art Support Services located at the ARTery at 6:30 & Esplanade

Art Projects: Dyed diesel is available for delivery to Art Projects with large diesel powered generators that will take 20 gallons or more per delivery and have clear access. If you have a small generator or one that runs on gasoline you can fill-up your DOT approved fuel containers at the Hell Station and transport them back to your Art Project. Propane is available for delivery to Art Projects on the open playa, the Esplanade, 2:00, and 10:00 roads for cylinders of 100 lb. or greater capacity, and tanks of 25 gal. or greater capacity that have clear access provided. Smaller cylinders and tanks can be filled at the Hell Station during normal hours of operation and transported back to your Art Project.

Mutant Vehicles: Mutant Vehicles must fill-up at the Hell Station during normal hours of operation.

Theme Camps: Dyed diesel is available for delivery to Theme Camps with large diesel powered generators that will take 20 gallons or more per delivery. The generator must be located within 50 ft. of the road and have clear access. If you have a small generator or one that runs on gasoline you can fill-up your DOT approved fuel containers at the Hell Station and transport them back to your camp. Propane is available for delivery to Theme Camps on the Esplanade, 2:00, and 10:00 roads for cylinders of 100 lb. or greater capacity, and tanks of 25 gal. or greater capacity. The tanks/cylinders must be located within 50 ft. of the road and have clear access. Smaller cylinders and tanks can be filled at the Hell Station during normal hours of operation and transported back to your camp.

Need Fuel? Use this form to register to purchase fuel during the 2016 Burning Man event.

FUEL FORM - https://form.jotform.com/brcfuel/bla...s-request-2016

More Info:
BRC FUEL PROGRAM - http://burningman.org/event/black-ro...-fuel-program/

FUEL AND HAZMAT STORAGE
http://burningman.org/event/art-perf...azmat-storage/

FUEL DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS
http://burningman.org/event/camps/deliveries/3/

YOUR GENERATOR AT BLACK ROCK CITY
http://burningman.org/event/preparat...ng/generators/

Fuel Storage:

If you wish to purchase small quantities of fuel at the Hell Station and transport it to your Art Project or Theme Camp you must utilize CARB and EPA certified containers approved for the fuel type you are transporting.
Please note: We are asking that Mutant Vehicle operators not store extra fuel for generators on the MV. If your generator must be filled other than at the Hell Station, we ask that you do it at your camp and when there are no passengers on the vehicle.

Fuel Account:

Once you have made contact with the Fuel Team about your fuel needs we will contact you to set up a payment plan. Please be prepared to submit a credit card and a hold will be placed in your account for the amount of fuel you anticipate using during the event. If you need to extend your credit during the event you can stop in at our office and extend your line of credit.

On Site:

Please remember that conditions in Black Rock City can be unpredictable and situations such as weather delays, road closures, equipment failures and other aspects can delay fuel delivery. If you need to request a fuel delivery please contact the fuel team 24-48 hours in advance so we can place you in the delivery queue.
If you find you need fuel after you arrive, arrangements can be made onsite. However, we cannot guarantee to be able to meet all your needs if no prior arrangements have been made.
The Fuel Team can be contacted in person at the Hell Station, located near 10:00 & L. Messages left outside of normal hours will be checked each morning.

Propane
Those running propane flame effects will need to register with the ARTery (Esplanade and 6:30). http://burningman.org/event/art-perf...flame-effects/ Once registered please check in with the Fire Art Safety Team (FAST) desk located in the ARTery, they will inspect your flame effect and issue you a laminate if it meets all of the requirements. You will need your flame effects laminate to purchase fuel.

Small Propane Tanks
Smaller propane tanks of 20#, 30#, and 40# can be filled at the Hell Station
Please make sure all propane tanks are within date, free of excessive rust and in serviceable shape. BRC fuels reserves the right to refuse any tanks deemed unsafe. Please remember that it is "not fun" to fill 20 – 30 smaller tanks in the sun, so please use the largest possible tank to reduce filling needs.
Please make sure that all fittings are removed from the tanks before arriving at the fuel station. If your fittings are not removed, we will service the next project while you do so.

Large Propane Tanks
Large projects using tanks of 25 gal / 100 pounds and larger will be filled at the project, with deliveries occurring in the morning.
All propane tanks must be within date, free of excessive rust and in serviceable shape. BRC fuels reserves the right to refuse tanks deemed unsafe.
Tanks must be easily accessible and all fittings must be removed from the tanks before filling or you may not be filled
If you do not do not need fuel on a given day, please mark clearly on the tank that you do not need fuel.

Fuel Spills and Storage Guidelines:

Any fuel spill in your camp should be reported to Black Rock City Rangers or the Emergency Services Department immediately! They will advise you on remediation.

If you find any leaks or spills within your camp, please stop or contain the leak as best you can until help arrives. If your vehicle is leaking, please do what you can to contain or stop the leak and please stop driving.

More information of fuel storage can be found here:
http://burningman.org/event/art-perf...azmat-storage/

For questions regarding fuel at Burning Man, please email fuel@burningman.org.

Thank you!

Black Rock City Fuel Team

Thanks for reading and stay tuned!!

The 2016 Placement Team

Abdullah, Answergirl, Baulknaub, Bravo, the Flaggers, GetRich, Happy, HepKitten, Hot Water, KGB, Level, Machine, Muppet, Papa Bear, Pono, Retro, Shadow, SparkleBalls, SwAmPy, Sweetthang, The Governess and WhatsIt.

NevadaGeo
Old 06-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #94
1 Rivet Member

2011 16' International
Santa Cruz , California
Tickets!

We got our first two tickets today. Super fancy daVinci artsy packaging because we bought two of the super fancy expensive tickets. Yippee, it's getting real! All three of our kids will be coming along this year, (21,22,37), and sister Jill.
Coming home,
Gail and Kelli and family

Old 06-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #95
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
We solemnly report from Placement

Here's news from the Placement Gods:::::::::

Congratulations!!!

It is our pleasure to inform you that Airstreameri and What Not has been officially placed for Burning Man 2016: DaVinci’s Workshop!

Your aproximate location is Italic & 3:15 and will measure approximately 200 by 200. If your dimensions contain a + or - sign, it means your camp is an odd shape.

Each camper must have both their paper ticket and a unique printed Early Arrival Pass in hand to enter Black Rock City before our event opens to the general public.

How to read your Address and Dimensions

Your address: The first street listed is where we consider your frontage, where the entrance of your camp will be. If the first street of your address is a number, that means you have frontage on a time avenue. If your first street is a letter street, you are probably mid-block. The second street is your approximate cross street. If it is a :15 or a :45 that means you are probably not on the corner.

If you are in a Plaza or Center Camp, your address will contain the @ sign - and that means you are on a circular part of the city. We’ve told you what time on the smaller plaza clock face you are closest to, with 12:00 being towards the Man.

Camp dimensions: the first number is your frontage (where your interactivity is) and the second number is your depth (how far back into the block you go). If you have a + or - sign, that means your shape is a not a square or rectangle and your placer can help with the details.

If you have any more questions, send an email to placement@burningman.org and put your camp name in the subject line.

Good luck, we’re excited to see you out there.

Sincerely,

Whatsit, Pono & SwAmPy

OH YEYYYY!!!!:b ounce:
Attached Images

NevadaGeo
Old 06-29-2016, 12:24 AM   #96
4 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
1973 29' Ambassador
1978 31' Sovereign
Palm Desert , California
Woo Hoo! My tickets are in the mail and our camp was placed today. B & 7:45.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #97
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
OK, with a 3:15 address we're going to be mid-block, not on a corner. Blocks are 200' deep, so with a placement spot that is 200x200, we'll be facing on two streets. I'm thinking of carving out a 50x50 spot at one corner of our space for the shade structure, post cards, Bam's bar, etc.

I think we all prefer to have a generally west-facing camp. The last couple years the "entertainment center" has been at the SW corner of our space, but being at 3:15 we'll probably want to put that corner nearest to 3:00, so that would be the NW corner. I hope that doesn't screw with your vertigo or anything. The notional arrangement would look something like the attachment.

The space is big, as it was last year. So all you early arrival helpful persons, don't get excited and park at all four corners. Even with a spacious layout for 20 rigs, we'll still have a 150x50 space that we can use for invited friends.

Sooooooo.....
It's time to get a really not kidding count of the number of rigs that are coming, and any personal preferences of who parks next to whom. If you want to park awning to awning, per the second attachment, say so when you list yourself in the "attendees post"--example to follow.

Dr Quark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BM 2016 layout.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	265577   Click image for larger version

Name:	BM friend park.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	265578  

Old 06-30-2016, 09:41 AM   #98
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Example attendees post

If you need to add your rig, please copy, re-post, and insert your info. (Note: if your friend hasn't posted to this thread I didn't list her/him/them/whatever. Please add them. Perry, you know of several who are attending that aren't listed...)

Playa name // # of persons // Rig // Park With

Dr Quark // 1 // 23' // Archie * Zep
Archie // 2 // 20' // Dr. Quark * RGColeman
Bam // 1 // 20' // Adjacent to bar area
NevadaGeo // 2 // 28'
Gnewel // 4 // 25'
RMB // 2 // 23' // Adjacent to art car
Gigi // 3 // 27'
Mtrid3r // ? // 19' // Adjacent to bar area
JMRCohen // ? // 19'
Funkill // ? // 27'
Old 06-30-2016, 10:20 AM   #99
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
It's sounds all so interesting and organized. I've watched it on utube but am sure its more amazing in person.

Dont think I'm for it versus it's for but still sounds intriguing. Plus I'm crafty card maker. So every time you talk post cards I want to help.

Maybe someday a day visit. For now I'll read along.

Hittenstiehl
Old 07-01-2016, 05:53 AM   #100
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
I
Playa name // # of persons // Rig // Park With

Dr // 1 // 23' // Archie * Zep
Archie // 2 // 20' // Dr. Quark * RGColeman
Bam // 1 // 20' // Adjacent to bar area
NevadaGeo // 2 // 28'
Gnewel // 4 // 25'
RMB // 2 // 23' // Adjacent to art car
Gigi // 3 // 27'
Mtrid3r // ? // 19' // Adjacent to bar area
JMRCohen // ? // 19'
Funkill // ? // 27'

Funkill//4//27'//awning to awning is ok. 4 virgin burners who will be toting a larger genny. And some fine tequila.
Closed Thread