Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #621
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Osolow,

Last time people brought things like:

A crock pot
Pink Flamingo stuff
Airstream Art
Airstream clothing
A Chocolate Martini kit
Bottle of wine
etc.

We are thinking about putting together a small chili basket with some chili premix, and some bowls, but time is short for us, and Chili is our Fall theme. Prizes are nice, but by no means a requirement. We were supposed to have a custom wood carving of an Airstream from a Branson Craftsman, but it never got here for some reason. I don't have his number anymore since I left it in his hands (He offered it anyhow).

Steve
Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #622
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Bottle of Southern Illinois Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Osolow,

Last time people brought things like:

A crock pot
Pink Flamingo stuff
Airstream Art
Airstream clothing
A Chocolate Martini kit
Bottle of wine
etc.

We are thinking about putting together a small chili basket with some chili premix, and some bowls, but time is short for us, and Chili is our Fall theme. Prizes are nice, but by no means a requirement. We were supposed to have a custom wood carving of an Airstream from a Branson Craftsman, but it never got here for some reason. I don't have his number anymore since I left it in his hands (He offered it anyhow).

Steve
maccamper and I will donate a bottle of wine from the award winning wineries on the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail in Southern Illinois.

Shawnee Hills Wine Trail/HOME

Nancy mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #623
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I know several people who will definately be eyeballing that one!!!!

Thanks for the prize.

Steve
Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #624
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
2aspirins and I hope to leave Springfield by 9:00 A.M. Friday. 2aspirins is pretty excited about getting to park in the daylight. He's much more experienced now than in October--Michael would be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #625
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Cool getting ready

Man i thought i was ready to go but i keep getting hit with these last min things, and then noticeing little things that i think i can fix before fri
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #626
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
So what's the most up-to-date potluck list?

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #627
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Cool potluck dinner ?

what time are you guys planning on having the potluck dinner?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #628
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Hey Chris,

We draw for attendance prizes on Saturday night after the trophy and prize awards for the food competition. If anyone else would like to contribute a small prize to the pot I surely won't stop you. Last Fall a lot of people participated and got some really nice stuff.

Steve
I'll see what I can dig up in Searcy, or maybe I'll give away the Root Beer I brought for Susan. (No Susan, I wouldn't do that to you . . .)
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #629
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Did someone say potluck?

The current up to date listing...

Jim Lee: Deviled Eggs
John Baker: Bananna Pudding
Maccamper: Baked Beans
2Wired: Corn Cassarole
nohillgrish: Pasta Salad
billberk: Brisket/Pulled Pork
silverflash: Mexican Casserole
Medic Family: Smoked Turkey
CJofOklahoma: Fagioli Soup

Our potluck and BBQ cookoff should both begin around 6PM. Everyone that plans to participate please let me know. I will be en route to the rally site tomorrow, but should be able to get wireless signal from the compton ridge store.

Last check on a few things as I was getting loaded, and my LP tanks are both dry. I thought it was odd that the furnace wasn't running lately, but chalked it up to me running an electric heater inside. Guess I have to get 60 lbs of LP somewhere on the way tomorrow.

If for some reason it was absolutely a necesity to contact me, both Alumatube and Airhog1 have my contact info.

See you all in a couple of days.

Steve
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #630
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Stevo,
I met you and the fam on I-44 heading to the rally. You were pretty close to Strafford, heading East. Heading West myself for a meeting in Columbia. I waved like a crazy man, but you would looking at something in your lap or on the floorboard. Hope that wasn't your bar-b-que'd turkey or Amy's blackberry cobbler!!!!!!!!! Guess you're at rally site by now stak'in it all out. That "new" trailer appeared to be "sty'lin". See you and the group in a couple of days.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #631
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Lonely......

Well....

The park is quite desolate. I have two neighbors in the north park with me (2 Work Campers). We set everything up and deployed awnings, but rain is heading our way so I need to drop them. The park is so short staffed, and there are really only two or three paying campers, so the shops are closed at 5 PM.

When we were here in the fall we had much more foliage than currently, but we don't have the acorn bombs that are dropping all over the place making a BANG sound.

They had Billberk scheduled for camping starting tonight, so I think they changed it after I said he wasn't expected till Thursday or Friday.

Grish....I didn't see you coming the other direction. While passing Strafford we admired the new Camping World, so we were looking the other way. Feel free to come visit us since you are so close .

It is a possibility that out BBQ cookoff is going to be covered in a story for a national magazine publication. I don't have a ton of info, but it looks like it will go through.

We will see you all when you get here in the next few days. See you then.

Steve
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #632
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Cool bummer

i wont make in time for the potluck
hey steve how dose everything look down there after all the rain?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #633
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
osolow, you're doing like us last year! Don't worry--there's plenty of fun on Saturday to make up for it!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #634
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Cool

good iam ready for a good time rain or shine

i was thinking about bringing a golf cart just drive around is this a good or bad idea?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #635
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
I got to get a part for the hot water heater, will be buying it at Thomas RV here in Springfield,

Hooked the water up last night, no leaks.

I did leave 4 cans of beer in the fridge over the winter, they came through ok, the four cans of root beer exploded and broke the plastic shelf retainer, and spewed root beer all over the inside of the ice box.

I hard boiled 4 dozen eggs last night in the house (Regina was at work) and I lit candles, sprayed lysol air freshener, openned all the doors and windows trying to disipate the smell of the boiling eggs.

My 2 grandsons came over (they live next door to us, we are so lucky) and told me my house smelled. They like hardboiled eggs, so we had a semi- Cool Hand Luke contest. I ate 1, Austin didn't finish one and Trey ate two. He was proclaimed the winner.

My house stunk for a while but I had some wonderful fun with my grandsons. Austin is 8, Trey is 10.

My hot water heater flame has no force to it, it just flames like a piece of paper burning, I am thinking the control regulator has gone bad, so I am off to get a new one.

Jim
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #636
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
James and I are leaving out early tomorrow it will take us 6 hours to arrive in Branson. May have to stop a time or two.

Sunday we are to meet a guy in Ozark, MO at Lamberts Cafe and pick up a Dragster (14') for our son. It is a kids Dragster they have to be 9yr old for competition (granddaughter). This is not grandma's idea of fun for a little girl.

I put the soup on this morning James is watching the crock pot. I found a cobbler at the store so I will cook it tonight. The fun is to see if we can get to Branson without spilling soup and cobbler all over the backseat of the pickup.

See ya all about noon Friday.

PS I am bringing my album book of our AS project and what a mess we have it in. It will be done by the October Branson Rally.

Carolyn
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #637

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee
My hot water heater flame has no force to it, it just flames like a piece of paper burning, I am thinking the control regulator has gone bad, so I am off to get a new one.

Jim
You might also want to check for spider webs. You will get the same symptom.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #638

1972 25' Tradewind
Branson , Missouri
Greetings! We've just signed up today and can't wait to meet everyone. We live here in Branson and would love to donate some show tickets for prizes.
The Hortons
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #639
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Hi Horton,

Welcome! We're looking forward to meeting you and everone else tomorrow.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #640
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
just finished up the last few thing that i can get done before the rally. it's been a long day but i got it all done, with the help of my cousin matt.
Hes not happy he was wanting to ride down and check out all the airstreams and possible camp out Sat night. But unfortunatly he got called in to work the weekend. So i told i would take lots of Pics so he can see all the fun he missed.
other then that the whole gang and i should be leaving joplin after work and will get there when we get there. Every body have a safe trip down and will see you ether tomorrow night or Sat some time.