Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #561
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Attention to all!!!

I just called Compton Ridge and was on the phone for about an hour regarding spots, mix ups, etc. Including the cabins they have built and the work campers, there are 5, Five, Fumf, cinqo, spots remaining for this rally. The rally is in a week, and it would be excellent to fill this park the rest of the way. I unfortunately have a work camper SOB next to me in 4 (There was who took it Suz), but I was told they would put an airstream there if a smaller trailer wanted to go there (I don't want to have some SOB work camper complaining that the festivities at the pavillion were keeping them from getting their beauty sleep).

Dennis...I would change spots if I were you, and the other spots should more than accomodate your trailer, including 40' in spot 28 (See map on first thread post).

I double checked with Compton Ridge and Juel did cancel her reservation, so spot 20 is open if anyone wants it.

Five Spots open...let's pack this place to capacity!!!!

Steve
Old 03-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #562
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Wish I could be there Steve, I'd like to see your rig. Have fun!
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #563
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Cool getting to know ?

i like Alumatube's idea about the online name plates, it would help us newbies get to know everyone .

I really dont mind unhooking from the A/S, i am new and have never really been to any kind of camping place like this i useally just pitch a tent.
any ways i will have to unhook to let my wife go to the store for supply's.
other then that iam just being curius about everthing, and i am just asking questions that just pop in to my head.

what about the width of the camping spot will you be able to pull out your awning's
other then that i will probably ask a few more questions before next weekend.

if i remember right were in spot 31
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #564
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
There was plenty room for awnings in most if not all of the spots. You're not packed in next to each other there (it's nice!).

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #565
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Name tags/stickers:

I was really bored at work and thought about having the Branson rally image with the pig turned into a nametag with the user name and your name for everyone to call you by. These would work nice, and be a nice little keepsake. I also thought about having a rally sticker made from each time we had a rally in Branson....they could be kept like the WBCCI rally stickers.

Thoughts on this? I am hoping to print them on my home printer....anyone interested can PM me their names they would like on them (As long as this works).

Steve
Old 03-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #566
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Thumbs up Spot 18 is now Spot 33

I took over spot 18, when I called Compton Ridge, well, read the following private message I sent to the person who originally reserved spot 18. This happened on March 5, 2008.

Thanks, Steve, for checking up on the reservations and straightening this all out. I am glad I left a paper trail.

Jim

Re: Spot 18 is now Spot 33
I'm glad you talked to her about that. The girl I talked to when reserving the spot said nothing about the length of our trailer and it not being a tight squeeze. I'm glad you found that out b=before you got down there and were. . .ya know. . . .
Hope you guys have a great time.Take lots of pictures. perplexed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee
I called down there to switch the reservations. I took over yours officially. The lady I talked to said a 31' trailer would barely fit in spot 18, said it would be a very tight fit. So she moved me up to site 33.

I was glad I called down there this morning!

Jim
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #567
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
It took some genuine ozark "splaining" to the clerk, but she got it after 15-20 minutes...no really...15-20 minutes.

Steve
Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #568
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini
They gave me #6. With my truck and trailer, I've got 50+ feet to deal with. Should I request a different site?
Spot 6 is the first spot on the downhill on the right. You head down the hill, and back up the hill into the spot. I pull our 78 31' Soveriegn with an old Suburban with a 454 and automatic transmission. It was a hard push moving that trailer backwards and up the hill and turning to the right all at the same time. But I got it in there the first time and the Suburban was off the street.

Unfortunately, I was too far from the lights, water and sewer hookup. So I unhooked and drove over to Branson west to buy a longer sewer hose. I ended up re hooking up the trailer and pulling it forward until the sewer hose reached the sewer.

The trailer ended up being crooked in the spot, and I couldn't use my curb side awning because of the trees. Since we knew the grey goose would be flying Friday night, I had to be very careful entering and exiting the AS, for the steps were perilously close to a drop off to spot 7. But we made it through the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper
Thanks for the directions on how to avoid the traffic in Branson, JC, they are very helpful. I do have a question: has anyone come down highway 13 from Springfield to Branson? A nice lady at the Missouri tourist info center said it is a less hilly way to go.
I noticed on the map she gave us that it does take you through Branson West and past Silver Dollar City to Compton Ridge. Would the extra traffic around Branson West offset the time gained from a less hilly route from Springfield?
Stay away from highway 13 pulling a trailer. 65 is the best way to go, cut across on the Ozark Highlands road or whatever it is called (we locals call it "Pete's Pike" for Peter Herschend of Silver Dollar City. The pike bypasses every attraction on 76 highway and funnels tourist directly to SDC properties. But that's the advantage of giving the governor huge campaign contributions.)

We are looking forward to next weekend. I make a mean deviled egg and this year, unlike last April, I WON'T be hard boiling any eggs in the AS.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #569
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jim...does the toilet need to be dumped????

Heading up to Bill Thomas Campers to meet up with JCanavera and get some goodies for next weekend. I also found one of these on craigslist barely used for $60.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #570
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Cool almost ready

Just picked up my pink flamingos! i think that gets me pretty close to being ready for the rally lol
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #571
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
I guess we're in. I get off shift Saturday morning, then it's about a 2.5 hr drive. We'll see you there.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #572
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Yay, Dalrymples!! We look forward to seeing you there!

Susan

Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #573
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jdal, great to see you will be there....bummer that it's only for Saturday....we will have a blast regardless.

Suz, I just got in from home depot where I found a pot, pot top, grill, thermometer, handle, and wood chips...wonder what I could be doing.

Steve
Old 03-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #574
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Jdal, great to see you will be there....bummer that it's only for Saturday....we will have a blast regardless.

Suz, I just got in from home depot where I found a pot, pot top, grill, thermometer, handle, and wood chips...wonder what I could be doing.

Steve
You darn pot smokers will never change. We tried to talk Liz and Chris into diverting to Branson next weekend instead of going on to Austin. Came close, but no cigar. They are interested in future ones, though.

Congrats on the fire dancer. Looks like a perfect solution. I may have to get one.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #575
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Jim...does the toilet need to be dumped????
This was my wife Regina's response when she stepped inside the AS after driving down to the campground after work last April.

I will NEVER again hard boil eggs inside an Airstream trailer.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #576
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
Jim,

I think I saw a flock of Grey Geese flying south toward Branson. Said they were looking for a trailer boiling eggs, and an olive.
billberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #577
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
The most-exalted Air Commander has delegated his nametag-making duties to his lowly subordinate (me, because I had nametag stuff and he didn't, nyah! ), so if you would like a nice nametag for the rally with your first name and your forum name on it, please PM them to me by Tuesday night. This to include spouses/partners/kids/friends who are attending the rally with you.

Thanks!

Susan

Old 03-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #578
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
YEAH!!!! That's right! I delegated my non existent power for you to make those name tags! Of course....this WAS after you offered

Steve

Old 03-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #579
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
IS THAT A TWISTED SISTER PIN ON YOUR UNIFORM!!??!!!

Susan

Old 03-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #580
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
This thread has had 11,400 views!!!!

Go, Steve-O!!!

Susan