Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2019, 10:29 AM   #101
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Alumaslider II Oct 18-20 2019

Well I’ve been looking forward to October and Alumaslider II for a long time. It’s now in the books. It was a small gathering and that can make for nice shared evening meals and campfire chit chat.

We’ve gone to Stone MT SP NC for several years now, maybe 6 or so and have not been disappointed by the location, park condition, sites and staffing including Ranger Hicks.

It’s a not too well know park until you know about it at least that’s what Yogi Bera said about the park.

Our thanks to those that made it and a big tip of the hat to Tom and Wendy for all of their help, Wayne of Wayne and Pat fame for being my chauffeur in a bit of an oh crap moment and to Nogginsbro Don for teaching me the every day but Sunday is now a Saturday calendar. We still haven’t seen many pics from Don and his I have to leave early hunting trip. But the we didn’t see this coming award was those steaks that Ande and Lynne brought from Texas you had to have been there to believe it. Thanks. Melody and Dan are learning about the Airstream and it’s quirks but Melody has that I’m gonna master this thing attitude and that Airstream better behave! And Ed was showing a new standard for for everyday is a Saturday but we missed having Carolyn join us, some other day Carolyn. Gotta learn more this guy might be a fancy cook too. Asparagus and prosciutto who’d think that works in camp.

And something unique for Linda and I this was our first ever two week plus outing, ever. It officially welcomed my retirement. We went to Marion NC to Alumalina just cause we could and it was on the way home. And last night it rained thru the night and we just decided to stay another night and dry out a bit. Just cause we can. First time to go to a laundromat, check that box.

Now about Alumalina Ande and Lynn went down on Sunday and Ed and I followed suite on Monday and managed to put three S/O’s in a row. Looked nice. More campfire time, chit chat, diners and cloud watching followed.

With thanks to all,

Gary n Linda
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #102
1 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited S/O
Burleson , Texas
Ande and I had a blast! We were welcomed with open arms, got great tips on sites to see, got my Sherriff of Mayberry badge and gained a few pounds from the great food.

Simply said....we had the best time at both the Slider and Alumalina events. We already have a new propane fire pit and Solo wood pit. Those will come in handy when family is here for Thanksgiving.

Thanks to everyone. Have a great Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.
S/OS #096
AndeLynn01 is offline   Reply With Quote