Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #241
2 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Simpsonville , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan55 View Post
Hi, I just registered so please bear with me if this is awkward. My wife and I have a 1955 Spartan Royal Mansion 37' trailer. We are wondering if your group would mind sharing space with our brand of aluminum? I know that space is tight but we live only about a half hour away and would love to join you at Palmetto Cove.

John,

Can they come, pretty please? Can they John, huh, please?

Seriously, it's a really neat trailer. It'll look good with all the rest of the aluminum.

I have suggested they come early because of the size though.

Arlin
(Streamin' Eagle)
Old 03-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #242
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
The forum rules about rallies say as long as they are forum members, and whatever they are camping in is allowed at the venue, they can come. I am pretty sure Palmetto Cove is no longer Aristream-only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue View Post
It's a great idea to bring a Spartan to the rally. Sue and I love seeing those, and we hope to get a chance to visit.

Phil
Quote:
Hi, I just registered so please bear with me if this is awkward. My wife and I have a 1955 Spartan Royal Mansion 37' trailer. We are wondering if your group would mind sharing space with our brand of aluminum? I know that space is tight but we live only about a half hour away and would love to join you at Palmetto Cove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
Man would I love to see that Spartan!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin' Eagle View Post
John,

Can they come, pretty please? Can they John, huh, please?

Seriously, it's a really neat trailer. It'll look good with all the rest of the aluminum.

I have suggested they come early because of the size though.

Arlin
(Streamin' Eagle)
Old 03-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #243
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Bring the Spartan on!!! It will be a real show stopper.

Brother Dave, got you down twice so you can have twice the fun.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 03-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #244
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
The list...

has gone up and down, back and forth. It has been a challenge to keep up with. But...

...I have gone over it carefully and have it down on paper at 126 rigs with approximately 260 fabulous folks.

Still room for a few more.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 03-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #245
1 Rivet Member

Travelers Rest , South Carolina
Show Stopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
Bring the Spartan on!!! It will be a real show stopper.

Brother Dave, got you down twice so you can have twice the fun.
Thank you Sandlapper! Spartan55 (we are Mark & Janet) will be there.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:09 PM   #246
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Thank you Sandlapper! Spartan55 (we are Mark & Janet) will be there.
The thanks go to you and Janet for coming and bringing along your Spartan. Really looking forward to meeting you and seeing your trailer.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #247
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Bits and Pieces....some good things to know

THE LOCATION...

The Palmetto Cove is located just off SC Hwy 11.
521 Table Rock Road, Cleveland, SC 29635. Phone #864.836.6221.
It is not hard to find but it is tucked away. GPS or their website will get you there.

It is a member owned, not for profit park run by volunteer members. They are VERY NICE FOLKS and are glad we are coming. They are camping folks just like us. Some are also Airstreamers.

All sites at the Cove are full hook up. One row has 50a, let the parking crew know if you need it. The hookups (W/E/S) will all be at the rear corner, driver's side. All sites are $25/night, they can only take CASH or CHECK. All sites are exactly the same.

They are opening early for us but not until March 24. Might be best to wait until the 25th to give them a chance to get squared away.

The Cove will handle the parking. They will have a plan and will do their very best to accommodate everyone. They will spot you in your site and note your name and site number. After you settle in just go to the office to settle up.

The Cove is in a beautiful area so be sure to find time to get out and look around. There are no supplies at the Cove, not even ice. There are limited supplies in the area.

There is decent wifi in the park and somewhat spotty cell service. A new cell tower has been built near by and may be up and running.

The Cove has a meeting hall with kitchen and laundry, a large covered pavilion with big fireplace (they furnish the wood), and a lounge with kitchenette. We have full use of it all at no cost to our Rally. Feel free to come and go anytime.

If you want a fire at your site it must be in a raised fire ring.

RALLY STYLE PARKING...

Simply means side by side, back to back, in rows. It is very Airstreamish and similar to the wagon wheel style parking Wally pioneered back in the day. Wagon wheel parking meant everyone was equal, and important, just like the spokes in a wagon wheel. At Alumalina, everyone is equal and everyone is important.

Your neighbors will be close so be sure to get out and meet them.

MEALS....

More on this later but please bring your table set ups to each meal. We will provide coffee each morning, bring a cup.

DOOR PRIZES....

We will have drawings for door prizes after supper on Saturday night. Every rig gets a ticket. You need not bring anything to give away but it is certainly welcome.

RAFFLES...

We will have several raffles going for anyone that likes to gamble a bit. Cheap thrills. Bring along a few extra bucks. Proceeds go toward rally expenses.

FLEA MARKET....

The flea market is open 24hrs every day or until you want to close. Under the pavilion, in the meeting hall, under your awning, wherever you want to.
Crafts, junk, swap, freebies. All proceeds go to yourself.

RALLY FEE....

We will be asking for a small rally fee to help cover expenses. Once again we are requesting $25 per rig, no matter how many are in your rig. A real bargain. If you are alone, consider it helping out the family of 5. We will have a table set up at each meal for you to register. Thank you in advance for helping out.

NAME TAGS....

It is always fun to put a face with a name. Especially a face with a Forum name. We encourage EVERYONE to wear a name tag of some sorts. A WBCCI badge if you have one, or make your own, or both. Be creative. We will have some blanks and markers available.

RITA...

Rita will be joining us once again Saturday afternoon under our awning. Come by, shake hands, meet her. She is a lot of fun. If you would like to bring her a small gift she will gladly accept it. She likes the cheap stuff.

ALMOST DONE....

We have meals and activities planned (more on them later) and will offer a bit of a schedule. Feel no obligation to participate in any. But I can honestly say that you will miss a lot of good stuff if you don't because all your pals will be there. But.... Do what you want, when you want, and where you want.

Just be sure of 3 things:

1. Have fun
2. Stay safe
3. Make Wally proud.

You will like it.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #248
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
adding #127....

....welcome ratchsc, very glad to have you joining us for the first time.

You will enjoy the folks that come, best on the planet. They are what makes Alumalina so fun.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #249
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
A bit of a schedule....

THURSDAY

4:30-5:30 Meet & Greet, Happy Hour, Registration. Under the Pavilion. Bring your own brand of happiness.

5:30-6:30 The fabulous hot dog supper. We have 300 premium dogs, we will need buns and fixins'. And anything else you would like to share.

6:30 until Enjoy the great fireplace

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 Continental breakfast will be provided. We will have coffee and pastries. Please bring your setups.

9:00-12:00 Seminars. We have some really good seminars lined up and will furnish a schedule for everyone.

12:00-1:00 Lunch on you own.

1:00-4:00 Nothing scheduled, enjoy the area. There is lots to see and do. Also, the flea market, craft fair, paroozing.

4:00-5:00 Welcome. Meet and greet, happy hour, registration. More happiness.

5:00-6:00 Supper. Our almost famous, nearly worldly renowned Possum Bog. In case you are wondering, it tastes just like chicken. A meal in itself, we would also welcome anything else you can bring. A side, pasta, salad, bread, desert, anything and everything goes with a possum bog.

7:00 Enjoy another great Carolina evening around the fireplace.

SATURDAY

9:00-10:00 Breakfast. ALL potluck, bring your best stuff to share. Definitely a highlight of the weekend. We will have the coffee. Don't forget your set ups.

10:00-12:00 Seminars. More good info to be shared. Take advantage of the voices of experience.

12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own.

1:00-4:00 Aaahhhh, the best part. Paroozing, Rita, Open house, Flea market, Craft fair, just hang out and enjoy the day with friends.

4:00-5:00 Happy hour and meet and greet once again just in case you are not happy enough already.

5:00-6:00 Supper. It will be ALL potluck so please bring your best dish, to share.

6:00-7:00 Door prizes, raffles. Open mic.

7:00 until Once again enjoy a great Carolina evening around the fireplace with friends.

SUNDAY

8:00 Continental breakfast will be provided.

9:00 A brief devotional service and a chance to say good bye.

Please remember this is only a suggestion and nothing is written in stone.

Weather permitting, all meals will be under the pavilion.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:56 AM   #250
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We have hot dog buns and baked beans for Thursday night. Big salad for Friday and sure are going to miss fish on Saturday, but will think of something good to bring.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:03 AM   #251
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I made something called Bun Pudding at our Moraine View rally last October, which was pretty darned delicious, and very well received.

Basically a caramel-ly bread pudding, made with leftover buns of whatever sort you happen to have.

I can offer up a DO of that for Friday night, should we have buns leftover from Thursday.

Am planning to do a loaf of bread for Possum Bog night, haven't thought too much about other offerings....but they will be something good.

Maggie
Old 03-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #252
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
Hey Brother John,

Now Maggie and Me have hiked into the waterfalls in Pisgah National forest not far from the campground. I'm probably gonna take off either Friday or Saturday and let my Maggie walk us to some new falls, I have room for five in my Tahoe and anyone is welcome to come along. Some of the hikes can be vigorous but all of them pay off in the incredible scenery in the end - this is the area where "Last of the Mohicans" was filmed. Also, please add the Vintage Podcast for Thursday eve. around 10:00. Folks should expect to be interviewed by Tim Shepard - he's very laid back, so it will be questions around the type of Airstream where you're from etc. Interviewing with Tim after an evening with Rita is perfectly acceptable and expected.I do expect YOU to be interviewed since all this Possum bog mess was you're idea in the first place...

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
Old 03-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #253
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
St. Albans , Vermont
Cancellation

We regretfully need to cancel as we are heading north earlier than planned. Have fun!
Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #254
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
1966 20' Globetrotter
johnsoncity , Tennessee
Hiking

Save one spot for Karen. Sounds like fun. Thanks
Old 03-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #255
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywaltz View Post
We regretfully need to cancel as we are heading north earlier than planned. Have fun!
Say it ain't so....

Gonna miss you but keep us on the radar.

that puts us at 127...I think.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #256
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Thank you ladies for contributing to the feast. We have many mouths to feed so anything/everything is welcome from anyone/everybody. No one goes away hungry.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:13 PM   #257
2 Rivet Member

North Fayston , Vermont
Is it possibly to arrive at Palmetto Cove on Wednesday? Just planning our trip trip South from Vermont and looking at options.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:25 AM   #258
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The Cove is opening for us on the 24th, as many of us are ending our winter trips.

So...yes, you can arrive early.

Maggie
Old 03-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #259
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
Hey Brother John,

Now Maggie and Me have hiked into the waterfalls in Pisgah National forest not far from the campground. I'm probably gonna take off either Friday or Saturday and let my Maggie walk us to some new falls, I have room for five in my Tahoe and anyone is welcome to come along. Some of the hikes can be vigorous but all of them pay off in the incredible scenery in the end - this is the area where "Last of the Mohicans" was filmed. Also, please add the Vintage Podcast for Thursday eve. around 10:00. Folks should expect to be interviewed by Tim Shepard - he's very laid back, so it will be questions around the type of Airstream where you're from etc. Interviewing with Tim after an evening with Rita is perfectly acceptable and expected.I do expect YOU to be interviewed since all this Possum bog mess was you're idea in the first place...

Mccrosti - We hiked around there in November and would enjoy a return visit! We'll take you up on the invite! We can drive and take three more as well if there're more folks interested.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #260
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
John/Sandlapper -
Understand it is okay given earlier responses; wanted to let you know I plan on arriving Monday, March 28th. DW will join me Thursday (flying in to Atlanta), so I will be in need of someone to order me around for a few days. Seriously, I will be happy to help as you or others may need.
Michael/Boogieshoes
2016 F250 KR 6.7 4x4 CC "Tex"
Members, NTAC
Closed Thread