Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #161

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie
We are at a very nice, new campground in Big Stone Gap ,VA.

Going to stay here til Monday before heading toward NC and Black Mountain, our last stop before Carowinds on Thursday. Doug is ready to stop driving the windy-curvy mountain roads, and Lily is ready to get out of this dog house on wheels.

Travel safe, everyone.

Maggie
We camp in the Black Mountain frequently and really enjoy the area. If you're a bar-b-que fan I recommend grabbing a meal at Okie Dokie's Smokehouse in nearby Swanannoa, or if you're in the Asheville area, 12-Bones.

http://www.okiedokiesbbq.com/

http://www.12bones.com/

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks for all the suggestions, folks!

We stayed here a couple of years ago, going to do it again. Close to family we are visiting in Black Mountain and very nice.

Mama Gerties RV Park and Campground

The campground we are at in Big Stone Gap is new, clean and tidy with lovely and well-maintained bathrooms. It is on the Powell River, more like a big creek, which Lily got to run and play in yesterday afternoon. Happy doggie.

Jessie Lea RV Park

Going to really enjoy just being still today.

Maggie
Old 03-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Terry thought I should let everyone know I ordered a cake for the rally with the rally logo on it, with spring 2012. I was going to make it a surprise, so, SURPRISE!!!

We will be arriving on Thursday evening.
Terry's otherhalf, Marie
Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
We are still on schedule to make it as well! We are slowly returning home (near Toronto) from a stay in Florida/Georgia/S.Carolina and just arrived today at the James Island County Park campground at Charleston.

We are here until Friday morning and as things stand, plan to head up to join in on the rally sometime on Friday.

I just checked the weather forecast for Charlotte, and it said scattered thunderstorms on Fri/Sat - of course that can change in a week - anyway it wouldn't change our plans unless the forecast gets much worse!

Looking forward to meeting some other Airforum members!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #165
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Marie, what a great surprise, can't wait to see it. Gonna be all kinds of good stuff there.
We will also be there Thursday pm, so maybe a sneek peek!
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #166
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
We are still on schedule to make it as well! We are slowly returning home (near Toronto) from a stay in Florida/Georgia/S.Carolina and just arrived today at the James Island County Park campground at Charleston.

We are here until Friday morning and as things stand, plan to head up to join in on the rally sometime on Friday.

I just checked the weather forecast for Charlotte, and it said scattered thunderstorms on Fri/Sat - of course that can change in a week - anyway it wouldn't change our plans unless the forecast gets much worse!

Looking forward to meeting some other Airforum members!

Brian.
Well Brian, we all want you to stay on schedule so you can be here at least by Friday. Charleston is a great place, and JICP is super nice. Might have to tear yourself away. About 200 +/- miles.
Spring time weather here changes daily. The standard line is if you don't like the weather, just wait a day, it will change. We are hoping the forecasters miss their long range prediction and we have good weather. The prediction for the rally though is "a fine time will be had by all".

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 03-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #167

2007 16' International CCD
Spartanburg , South Carolina
I am not 100% sure I can make it, but I will try. I hope to be pull in on Saturday morning. My wife has signed me up for some sort of race at the national whitewater center at 1130 that morning, so I wont be around all day, but I should be back at Bambi by supper. I will try to call tomorrow for reservations. Not sure if it will be just me, or the whole family. Will everyone still be there on Saturday night ?
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #168
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
Will everyone still be there on Saturday night ?
That's the plan, at least for now.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #169
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
Marie, what a great surprise, can't wait to see it. Gonna be all kinds of good stuff there.
We will also be there Thursday pm, so maybe a sneek peek!

Of course you can have a sneak peek.

Marie
Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #170
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Sorry folks, we are going to pull the plug on Alumalina. We have been non-stop for the last two months with our son's high school indoor drumline practices and competitions (they are amazing, by the way - four out of five 1st place finishes). This past weekend we were in Bowling Green and next weekend (after Alumalina) we are back to Chattanooga.

While we LOVE to be band parents, each event is a logistical nightmare, and the thought of packing again for a different venue for this weekend would be more work than pleasure. So, we have decided to stay home BUT will sleep in our AS in the driveway this weekend; we will be with you, but not there. Next time for sure!
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #171
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Brad, Karen Say it ain't so! we're sure gonna miss you but we all understand your thinking and being stretched to the max. Save some energy for Springstream, be looking forward to seeing you there. You can make up by playing Wipe Out for us. John

Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #172
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
The only thing worse than hearing me play Wipe Out would be hearing me sing. See you at Springstream!
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #173
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
I'm afraid it's bad news for us this weekend, also. The job's holding me hostage and I just don't see clear to get away. John, enjoy that single malt. My mouth will be watering. You guys have a great rally!
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #174
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Will do. and I'll save a sip or two for for Springstream. but it'll cost ya. you gotta bring your keyboards!

Old 03-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #175
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post
Sorry folks, we are going to pull the plug on Alumalina. We have been non-stop for the last two months with our son's high school indoor drumline practices and competitions (they are amazing, by the way - four out of five 1st place finishes). This past weekend we were in Bowling Green and next weekend (after Alumalina) we are back to Chattanooga.

While we LOVE to be band parents, each event is a logistical nightmare, and the thought of packing again for a different venue for this weekend would be more work than pleasure. So, we have decided to stay home BUT will sleep in our AS in the driveway this weekend; we will be with you, but not there. Next time for sure!
Totaly understand. I was the drumline mom for band when my son was in middle school and high school. Enjoy this time and rest when you can.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #176
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Update

As of today, this is what we have.
13 folks have made reservations. More may very well have been made but I only know of these. I expect others to show up, probably around 20. there will be room. Talked to the CG today, everything is a go.
Post #93 has the plan, what little there is. Briefly, Chicken bog Friday nite, do-nuts & coffee Sat am. Techno seminars Sat am. Lunch in there somewhere. Open house, swap-n-shop, hang out Sat pm. Fish & chips Sat late pm. Sat evening, well you know what to do on that one.
Anything you can/want to contribute will be great. Sides, deserts,bread, tea, big smile, happy face. Bring your own plate/cup/tools to the meals.
I hope to roll in sometime early afternoon Thursday. Let me know if you need anything.John

Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #177
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I have the goodies loaded in Bertha. Some of the stuff will be pretty specialized, other stuff anybody can use.
Tomorrow at 3 PM is the last point you can take advantage of the overlander63 delivery service.
Tomorrow will be the first trip we've taken with our "newsed" Hensley, hopefully all will go well. I'm watching carefully for Murphy, though.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #178
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
camden , South Carolina
Johnny
Marti and I are looking forward to the rally this weekend. Have you got a final count of attendees - it looks like a pretty good crowd. Save me and Marti a t-shirt and a sticker. We love the logo and appreciate all the hard work you have done to organize this event.
Stellaluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #179
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Gotcha covered on the shirt and sticker. Everyone gets a sticker, they are SUPER cool. Shirts are optional but a bargain at about the price of a 12 pack. Just my $ back. They promised they would have them tomorrow.
Really don't have an accurate head count. I'm thinking about 20 rigs, maybe 40 people. Guess we will know Friday. If everyone could pitch in just a bit, we will be in great shape. We have the chicken bog for Fri. & 2 very nice boxes of restaurant grade flounder fillets for Sat.. Counting down....

Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #180
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
I have the goodies loaded in Bertha. Some of the stuff will be pretty specialized, other stuff anybody can use.
Tomorrow at 3 PM is the last point you can take advantage of the overlander63 delivery service.
Tomorrow will be the first trip we've taken with our "newsed" Hensley, hopefully all will go well. I'm watching carefully for Murphy, though.
Terry, thanks for your personalized delivery service. Can't wait to see the goodies.
I know Murphy. you should be OK, he is usually hanging around here.