Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #81
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We'd be glad to help with meals. Tell us what you need.

Going to be a crowd, going to be fun!

Maggie
Thanks a bunch, I'll get back with you on that offer. I've yet to meet an Airstreamer that didn't want to help. And I'm certain that before it's all said and done, lots of folks will help. Share the love! John & Susan
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
camden , South Carolina
Smile Charlotte

Sounds like a great time. we are working on getting there.Will let you know.
Stellaluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #83
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
camden , South Carolina
Thumbs up Booked

Looking forward to a fun weekend. Don't know who all is coming, but we'll be in 158.
Stellaluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #84
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Glad you are coming and hope maybe some more Camenites can make it with you. Now I can hand deliver Wally's book back to you.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
John and Susan,
Gosh we sure wish we could be there, we retired in Charlotte almost five years ago and still get through there every year. But we will be enroute from Mesa AZ to Lake Junaluska Mar 25 - Mar 31 so have to miss this really great-looking Alumalina.

Thanks for all your great work organizing and publicizing -- we wish you the very best in this attractive rally and will hope we can make it next year.

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #86
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hi Jim & Deb, sorry you can't be with us in your old back yard but what a great excuse not to be here. Most everyone would probably like to be raking around in the great Southwest like you. Not to worry, this is only the first of what we hope will become many Alumalina rallies to come. So keep an eye on us, and stay in touch.
In the mean time have safe & happy travels. John & Susan

Old 02-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
John,

Overlander 63 and I will help out with the food, let us know what you want us to bring. Don't forget terry is brnging the mudslides!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #88
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Thanks you guys, I'm working on a short list. Don't want anyone to be hungry or thirsty.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #89
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Folks, I have an update prepared to send out Wednesday. I am a 2 finger typer so I must wait till tomorrow to get help.
In short, things are looking really good. John

Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
My time-off request has been granted. We plan to attend.

Is there a singer in the audience? I am hoping to jam some with whomever, but would prefer someone who can sing to join me/us.

I am hoping StanAndLynn can be involved, as well as NilesRob. I don't know who else might be musically inclined and will join us (vocals, guitar, banjo, mandolin, percussion ,accordion ,bass, trumpet, kazoo, etc). Just sayin...

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #91
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Glad you're on the YES list. I'm hoping some of the Not a Band Band can show up. I can offer moral support but that's about it. When it comes to pick'n & grinn'n, I can only do the grinn'n. But I do it pretty well.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #92
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue View Post
My time-off request has been granted. We plan to attend. I don't know who else might be musically inclined and will join us (vocals, guitar, banjo, mandolin, percussion ,accordion ,bass, trumpet, kazoo, etc). Just sayin...

Well, I can sing off-key with great enthusiasm, does that count?

I can provide emotional support and encouragement, also perhaps some refreshments.

I picked up a tenor ukelele about 6 months ago, that I am really loving fiddling with, but can't play well enough to be of help here. Would love to watch and learn a bit from others, though.

We are leaving here on the 15th. Going to poke our way out, enjoy springtime in the mountains and get settled in there on Thursday.

If there are any other early arrivees, see ya' there.

Maggie
Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #93
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Time for an update

PARKING
The campground is holding 23 pull thru sites for us on 2 side by side rows. They are all the same, with 20-30-50 amp full hook ups. So far 10 have made reservations. Just a guess, but probably at least that many more are also coming. It would be great to fill up both rows (or more).

If you have made a reservation-great. If you have not, just get your site when you arrive, they know where to put you. Be sure to tell them you are with the Airstream group for the $29.99 rate. The staff there is very friendly and helpful. They are giving us a site to put the big tent over.

FOOD
We will have a big pot of Chicken bog for Friday nite so don't worry about supper. If you would like to add a favorite side, dessert, or anything else, that would be great. Not sure what goes with chicken bog but probably any darn thing. Bring along your eating equipment and of course your favorite beverage to wash it down.

Saturday morning coffee and doughnuts under the big top. We have one of those big coffee urn things and will brew up the coffee. If you could add a doughnut or pastry to share, super. If you prefer there is also a Cracker Barrell just down the street.

Saturday afternoon late, fish-and-chips for a meet and eat. I have a box of Flounder fillets to fry up. Probably not enough for an all-you-can-eat grazing bar but enough to keep you from going hungry. Again, if we mix in a few sides like slaw, salad, pasta, whatever, it could be a plate full. So if you have a favorite, or specialty, and would like to share it, bring it.

NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF
Saturday should be a great day. We will all be parked together, side by side, in 2 rows (or more if we need them). It will be very easy to visit, socialize, have the open house and swap-n-shop, and just hang out in the street and soak up some of that good Airstream karma. Pretty sure everyone knows how that part works.
Overlander 63 has graciously agreed to share some of his time and talents to lead a discussion/demo on Airstream tech. For those who don't know Terry, he works at Out of Doors Mart in Colfax, NC, our local Airstream dealer. Rivets, valves, tanks, sealants, whatever is on your mind. Guaranteed to be time well spent. Thanks Terry.

MORE GOOD STUFF
Out of Doors Mart is sending along some goodies for door prizes. Couldn't talk them in to donating a new Bambi but they are being generous with the trinkets! They are great folks with an excellent service
department. They have more parts than anyone so if you need something, call them, order it, Terry will bring it with him and save you shipping. He may even be able to help with the install if you need it.

So, this is about how things are shaping up so far:

Friday- Let the fun begin. Get there safe and sound as soon as you can. I will be there Thursday. Happy hour is at 5 o'clock.
6 o'clock supper is on us. Bring something to share if you can, and your eating equipment

Saturday- the GREAT DAY
8 a.m. starts with coffee and doughnuts under the big top. Bring your cup, and a box of doughnuts or pastries or muffins to share. If you prefer, there is a Cracker Barrell just down the street.

10 am is the Tech seminar with Overlander 63. Bring your questions for Terry.

11-4pm is an Open House, swap-n-shop, hang out, soak up AS Karma. Cruise up and down skid row, squeeze in lunch somehow.

4-5pm Happy Hour, just in case you aren't already happy from so much fun.

5pm fish-n-chips. Bring your eating equipment and if you have a favorite side, bring it if you can.

6pm-until: more fun. You can rest when you go home.

SUNDAY
Well, lets not talk about go home day. "We're not leaving, ever".(quote from "The Big Chill")

JUST IN CASE
We will be at the mercy of the weather. We have a large tent but that's about it. Just pray for good weather and plan accordingly. The lodge (office) is open from 9-7.

REMEMBER
Nothing is set in stone. Everyone is welcome, everyone come as you are, do as you want. Stay safe, be happy, share the love, have fun.

Any questions or concerns, just let us know. We are so looking forward to this.
-John & Susan

Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #94
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I was thinking of bread to go with the chicken bog, or cornbread---after finding out what chicken bog was---sounds delicious!.

I have a great and simple scalloped corn recipe which I will double and do in the Dutch Oven to go with fish on Saturday.

Maggie
Old 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #95
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Looking foward to this rally. What is chicken bog? We don't have that in Rhode Island, at least I don't think so. Our new barn will be finished next week so we are planning to leave around the middle of March. Any recomendations for a campground on the NC coast? Thank you for planning this rally. Greg & Bonnie
justretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #96
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We'll do a desert for chicken bog and a pasta salad for fish night, and maybe something else. I'll do my infamous meatballs for happy hour!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #97
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I am REALLY looking forward to meeting everyone...as this'll be the first time I've met other folks from NC who have Airstreams. Since I bought "Silver Leaf" at ODM, I've had a chance to meet Terry -- and all the folks at ODM. I expect to be at maximum weight hauling some of my food specialties for the good of all! Barry
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #98
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I'll try to throw together a cheesecake, you will probably be able to feel your arteries clogging as you chew. That, along with a couple (a few?) pitchers of Mudslides should either cure or kill everything that ails everybody...

Also, I just talked to Dan from LED4RV, and he'll be sending along some more trinkets for door prizes. I don't know if we'll end up with a box of stuff for everybody to take home, but we should have enough for everybody to take something home.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #99
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

I picked up a tenor ukelele about 6 months ago, that I am really loving fiddling with, but can't play well enough to be of help here.

Maggie
Don't be concerned. I don't think talent has ever been a cornerstone of the not a band band. I think it is more about shamelessness - and fun!
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #100
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by justretired View Post
Looking foward to this rally. What is chicken bog? We don't have that in Rhode Island, at least I don't think so. Our new barn will be finished next week so we are planning to leave around the middle of March. Any recomendations for a campground on the NC coast? Thank you for planning this rally. Greg & Bonnie
If you've got the time to head out to the Outer Banks, whew - fabulous (although not prime season). At night the stars are fabuloso. Can't remember the campground we stayed at.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote