Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #21
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Alan, glad to hear from you. We were afraid the next weekend would clash with Palm Sunday & the start of some Easter activities, a busy time for many folks. Trying to wedge it in between so many things. If we can get this first gathering together the next one may be easier to plan. If your plans change, you know where we are. We'd sure like to have you with us. Thanks, and safe & happy travels. John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Alumalina Reservations

Since Carowinds Theme Park is not yet open in March, reservations for Alumalina probably would not be necessary. This could simplify things somewhat.They should have plenty of sites in their campground. The MAPLE section would work best for us. 20 -30 -50 amp service, back ins & pull thrus. If you want to reserve by all means do so. The phone # is 1-704-587-9116, ask for Kathy (with a K), tell her you are with the Airstream group. The rate should be 29.99 per nite.
Susan & I live about 30 miles from Carowinds & the campground. If you have questions or concerns let us know, we will do our best to get answers. We see this first rally as an opportunity to organize & lay ground work for future gatherings held throughout the Carolinas. We don't want it to be a chore for anyone. Just show up for one reason: TO HAVE FUN.
Nothing could be finer........
Safe & happy travels,
John

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 12-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Rocky Mount , Virginia
We're about an hour north of Greensboro, so this is way closer than the last couple of Barth GTG's we've been to in FL and IN. We'll try to make it.
StinkyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #24
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Stinky, hope it works out ,we'd sure like to have you join us, and bring along anyone else you may encounter along the way.
Safe & happy travels. John

Old 12-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
This may be doable for us. Will keep our eyes on this.

Haven't made any real plans for our winter trip yet, got some things going on here that are still a bit up in the air, but we always go to South Carolina.

Maggie
We will not be able to make this event this year. The weekend begins spring break for grandbabies and we are already committed to a little road trip to southern Mississippi to introduce them to their Confederate heritage, homestead and relatives.

Another time.

Maggie
Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #26
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Maggie, sorry you & Doug won't be able to join us but sounds like a great trip to Mississippi. Nothing is more important than family. Being a native South Carolinian I am very proud of my Southern heritage, and good for you for introducing your grands to theirs. My great grandfather was a Confederate Colonel. On the day of succession he planted 2 Magnolias in his front yard, still there to this day, humongas now, right here in my home town. He was a legend in his own time.
Anyway, thanks for giving us a look down here, and keep one eye on us, we will gather again, a promise. In the mean time SAFE & HAPPY TRAVELS. John

Old 12-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
Maggie, sorry you & Doug won't be able to join us but sounds like a great trip to Mississippi. Nothing is more important than family. Being a native South Carolinian I am very proud of my Southern heritage, and good for you for introducing your grands to theirs. My great grandfather was a Confederate Colonel. On the day of succession he planted 2 Magnolias in his front yard, still there to this day, humongas now, right here in my home town. He was a legend in his own time.
Anyway, thanks for giving us a look down here, and keep one eye on us, we will gather again, a promise. In the mean time SAFE & HAPPY TRAVELS. John
Aww, sweet!

I was born and raised in Illinois, but from Confederate heritage I have always been fascinated with and rather drawn to.

Our ancestors may have fought together.

We love South Carolina, actually the whole area from St. Augustine through the Outer Banks, but especially the Low Country.

So, so lovely and full of history. Everyone needs to get acquainted with this part of the country.

See you another time.

Maggie
Old 01-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #28
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
I spoke with Kathy at Camp Wilderness again today. They have us on their radar, every thing is a go. She assured me that a reservation is not necessary if you'd rather not, they will have plenty of room. Your call. Just come as you are.
Susan & I will have supper for you on Friday nite . Not sure what but we will come up with something. I am somewhat of a legend in my own yard for fried fish with all the trimmings. I have some premium white fish fillets that I could cook up, either nite, or maybe Saturday afternoon late. Hmmm....fried fish, cold beer, good friends: sounds like a recipe for an AIRSTREAM RALLY. Alumalina.... nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We'll ask our bosses if we can get that Friday off...
Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #30
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
We'll ask our bosses if we can get that Friday off...
If they won't let you off, just bring them with you. Tell'em you need to make a service call.$$$$$

Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We may still be able to get to this, as the trip to southern MS may have to be delayed while the grandbabies go to visit my ailing ex this year.

Maggie
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Well alrighty then, get back on that maybe list and come on down, it's gonna be good.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
If they won't let you off, just bring them with you. Tell'em you need to make a service call.$$$$$
I got a possible maybe, and promise of a few trinkets to bribe my way in.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #34
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
We may still be able to get to this, as the trip to southern MS may have to be delayed while the grandbabies go to visit my ailing ex this year.

Maggie
Maggie, you do know you are going to be seeing some of the people from that "other" thread, right?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Maggie, you do know you are going to be seeing some of the people from that "other" thread, right?
I know that, but I have shared no stories so have nothing to be embarassed about!

Maggie
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #36
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Just went to the calendar and posted a "maybe." I need to be in Atlanta by Sunday night for a work project that begins Monday and lasts 5 days. Think it'd be terrific to meet some fellow NC/SC folks. This'd be only my 3d trip. I'm sure I'd get some education from you veterans!
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #37
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
OK, now you've got us going. We love a good story.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
Just went to the calendar and posted a "maybe." I need to be in Atlanta by Sunday night for a work project that begins Monday and lasts 5 days. Think it'd be terrific to meet some fellow NC/SC folks. This'd be only my 3d trip. I'm sure I'd get some education from you veterans!
BAB, come on, we're right on your way. Charlotte to Atlanta maybe 4 hours tops? And the best day to do an I85 trip is on a Sunday. Some of the folks coming will be headed home back down I85, perhaps a mini caravan of sorts. Along with our out of state friends we are hoping for a good local turn out also. There are a lot of Carolina streamers out there, just need to get them all together. John

Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #39
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
I know that, but I have shared no stories so have nothing to be embarassed about!

Maggie
If we all make it to the rally, I'll tell you what my sister-in-law expected to happen when she attended her first rally. It would fit into that "other" thread, and to this day, I'm not sure if she was relieved or disappointed to find out what really goes on at rallies.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #40
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
If we all make it to the rally, I'll tell you what my sister-in-law expected to happen when she attended her first rally. It would fit into that "other" thread, and to this day, I'm not sure if she was relieved or disappointed to find out what really goes on at rallies.

We won't kiss and tell.