Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #81
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sams View Post
Hummmmmmm.....maybe Jambalaya or Stew or ???????
Somebody say Jambalaya? Mmmmmm!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Hi Everyone!! Looking forward to Spring...and Rally time!!! Yay, I just checked and we have 18 signed up on the RSVP page...Excellent! If you have not already done so, go ahead and make your reservation with Wanderlust RV Park at 1800 253-7385 and be sure to tell them you're with the Air Midwest group. Also, to those who have not RSVP'd you can do so here: Airstream Forums - AirMidwest Spring Rally 2013
I've been brainstorming and have some plans in the works...it will be fun but not too crammed with activities so you can relax or sight-see as you wish. Can't wait to see everyone!!
Debi & Jim
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #83

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadebi View Post
Hi Everyone!! Looking forward to Spring...and Rally time!!! Yay, I just checked and we have 18 signed up on the RSVP page...Excellent! If you have not already done so, go ahead and make your reservation with Wanderlust RV Park at 1800 253-7385 and be sure to tell them you're with the Air Midwest group. Also, to those who have not RSVP'd you can do so here: Airstream Forums - AirMidwest Spring Rally 2013
I've been brainstorming and have some plans in the works...it will be fun but not too crammed with activities so you can relax or sight-see as you wish. Can't wait to see everyone!!
Debi & Jim
Your doing a great job with this rally! It's going to be a big turnout especially for Spring, we can't wait to see everyone.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
We're in Florida, about to take a little jaunt up to parts north. NYC??? NYC!!!!
But we'll be home in plenty of time for a Eureka Springs Rally.
I quit smoking for good finally....and ya'll thought I was mean and fat before - just wait!!
LOL
Debi, I'm sure you will do great. Just tell everyone to bring lots of food and prizes! I know it's a lot of work, so I think you've had a good idea to keep it really simple.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #85
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Hmmm,, this looks like a fun trip. Regina and I stayed in this campground a couple of years ago. It is a nice park and the staff is friendly.

count us in as a definite maybe.... busplunge: I don't just pick the low hanging fruit: Box Car Bowtie

Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #86
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
Hmmm,, this looks like a fun trip. Regina and I stayed in this campground a couple of years ago. It is a nice park and the staff is friendly.

count us in as a definite maybe.... busplunge: I don't just pick the low hanging fruit: Box Car Bowtie

Jim...we would love to have you join us...we always have fun and get to meet new people each time! Love that shine on your rig...envious! Hoping to see you then!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Ok. We made our reservations. Site 10, next to Murrey & Sally! Don't know who else is around. The owner is very nice & friendly! We're looking forward to this. Sure would like to see some people from Texas Piney Woods Rally, too, since we missed that one. We expect to bring Dulcinea, the 32, this time.

Reba McEntire

Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post

Jim, (and anyone else considering this rally):

I lived in the Ozarks most of my adult life, and i can tell you, Eureka Springs is a must-see place. The very haunted Crescent Hotel alone is worth it. But there is Basin Park hotel, which has exits on each floor because it is literally built into the side of a mountain, and a very old Catholic Church below the Crescent has the distinction of being the only church you enter through the bell tower. The town is filled with gingerbread houses, and includes the homes of many well known artists & writers. Theres an old train and it did dinner runs last time we were there.

The town is full of springs we could still drink from when I was a kid! The downtown amphitheater often has free entertainment. A few under street taverns I remember from wilder, uh, I mean younger days.

We're going early and staying late so we can tool around the many attractions. Blue Springs & Natural Bridge are great natural sites, along with Beaver Dam & Lake. I love just walking in the downtown artist's colony - very unique place. And lots of outstanding choices when it comes to cuisine.
I like funnel cakes myself! LOL I have very sophisticated tastes in food.

Come join us. Debi & Jim are going to be great hosts!

Reba McEntire

Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #89
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Great Carol! So glad you & Ray will be coming. Jim & I are coming in on Wed. and probably staying til Monday. We really NEED to talk to you two about your trip from last year to the NW. We are planning to leave in July for our NW US tour, so need some pointers.
Thanks for your input about Eureka...we haven't been in about 20 years (wow! Time flys!) so I'm anxious to look around again in little Switzerland!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #90
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
If anyone has a portable fire pit they can bring so we can have our usual gathering around the fire...please let me know on here. They do not allow fires on the ground and don't have firepits, but will allow us to have one above the ground and she said we could set it up in one of the open camping spots. They have some firewood we can have too...so they are trying to be accommodating for us...they are really excited to have us and said we are their first large group of the season.
Also we are getting the Good Sam rate of $28.35 per night + tax, BUT... if you pay by CASH or CHECK they will reduce it to 27.00 per night + tax...so that is a fair deal! We also have to pay a one-time $25 fee for the use of the social hall for the week-end, but that is no big deal for a group this size to come up with a couple dollars each to cover that. It's all enclosed so if there is bad weather we can still meet there and not worry about getting wet, etc. Next to the social hall is a covered pavillion with tables and grill that the owners light up every night for guests to use, so anyone can use that as you want.
I'll be posting more on the schedule of events...just be sure to get in your RSVP by March 15th to get your name in the drawing for the fabulous Citizen's watch to be given away...donated by our generous friend Brad!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS Home.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	179899  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #91
2 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
We have a fire pit, Debi. I'll add it to the list. It will be the first item, since I haven't started making a list yet!

Carol, now I'm even more excited, since you mentioned all the attractions. Sounds like a neat place to explore!

Lucy and Lola (our dogs) did really well on their first road trip, to Ken and Nan's. I think they are ready for their first camping trip. They are definitely bored with being shut in by the winter weather! Me too, actually!
Chesher Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #92
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesher Kat View Post
We have a fire pit, Debi. I'll add it to the list. It will be the first item, since I haven't started making a list yet!

Carol, now I'm even more excited, since you mentioned all the attractions. Sounds like a neat place to explore!

Lucy and Lola (our dogs) did really well on their first road trip, to Ken and Nan's. I think they are ready for their first camping trip. They are definitely bored with being shut in by the winter weather! Me too, actually!
Yay, Cathy and Shane to the rescue!
ANNNND....we have 21 RSVP's so far!!! Several newcomers...we love that!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #93
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
First timers

Welcome Rick & Deb - you will have fun Let's plan on traveling up together

AirMidwest Airstreamers are a great bunch of folks. Hey guys, these are the new Airstreamers here in HSV I told you about

Sam & GiGi
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #94
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
YES! Thanks Sam for inviting them.
Can't wait to have some of that pumpkin dessert of yours!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #95
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
McLeod , Texas
We got reservations today and got on the sign up sheet, but it failed to post our names.Really looking forward to meeting people we missed at Piney Woods Rally last year.Still don't have a site number.See you there.

Tom & Patti Harman & Raina the fur baby
Wooden Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #96
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Hi Tom & Patti, I look forward to meeting you. Seems we talked once before & you may recall I am a Cass County boy (Atlanta).

Sam & Gigi
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #97
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Welcome Tom & Patti! Glad you will be able to join us!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #98

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
This is going to be a great rally!!!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #99
Paul

1972 31' Sovereign
Bald Knob , Arkansas
Where can I get specific info, like cost, how to register, etc.
I'm part of the Razorback Unit - live in Bald Knob, AR

paullrarusa@yahoo.com
paul705ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #100
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Registered at Campground and....may have new airstream

Hey Guys,
Registered at the campground yesterday - they didn't assign me a site - told them I wanted to be over there 30-40 but they weren't sure what was already assigned. They also didn't have any confirmation mechanism - I'm used to an email or something but I'm trusting it will be fine.

Ok so then today we took Roameo over to BTCamper to get some regular maintenance done and of course walked around looking at the new trailers and ended up putting a deposit down on a 23FB. I'm not sure if we'll go through with it or not. We *really* like the 25 FB but also really love our tow vehicle and we'd have to get a truck for the 25ft and I don't want one. The biggest pluses for the 23 are the bed, microwave and extra storage. The cons are the wheel well under the dinette, and the fact you can't see front to back like we can in our bambi as the bathroom on the end takes up the panorama windows we have in the 19ft - it IS a nice bathroom - just kind of in a weird place.

If any of you have gone from one airstream to another we'd love some feedback - I know this isn't the right forum but I know you guys....feel free to PM me if that works better. I *did* post in a relevant forum as well...

Lois
"Homer"
loislane is offline   Reply With Quote