Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2022, 03:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
AirMidwest "Boys of Summer" Rally, Sept 8-11, 2022

The AirMidwest rally group is back! Announcing the "Boys of Summer" rally at the Springfield, Missouri Route 66 KOA, September 8-11, 2022. We'll plan on a Meet & Greet Happy Hour around the Solo Stove Thursday evening for those who can make it early.

The highlight of the rally is a trip to the minor league Springfield Cardinals baseball game at Hammons Field Friday evening--group pricing, seating, recognition on the billboard and a free ball cap if we can garner at least 20 participants. We'll make our own group of we fall under the magic number. This is the final home weekend, against the San Antonio Missions (San Diego Padres affiliate), and features a big fireworks show following the game. Tickets will be in the neighborhood of $10-15 depending on where we sit and how many can make it.

The days can be spent exploring some of the many venues around Springfield on your own (Bass Pro Shops, Wonders of Wildlife Museum, 'tiques 'n' fleas, etc.) or just relaxing at the quaint KOA (and yes there is a train track adjacent to the park, so we will feel right at home!)

Saturday evening, we'll plan on a potluck at one of the KOA meeting areas. Sunday will be for leisurely goodbyes and "see you down the road".

The KOA can't hold sites for us so it's a first come, first served reservation. They currently have eight 50-amp sites and ten 30-amp sites at $63.76/night before KOA discount and an additional ten 30-amp sites at $58.76/night again before KOA discount. Everyone is free to book their own reservations ASAP online or by calling the office at (417) 831-3645 and mention you're with AirMidwest.

Hope to see you all again!!!

Brian & Jo AnnClick image for larger version

Name:	20220408_184227.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	415189Click image for larger version

Name:	20220408_224147.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	415190Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220404-150542_Google.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	415191

Sent from my SM-A505U using Airstream Forums mobile app
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Hey gang, the Boys of Summer AirMidwest rally on Springfield, MO is right around the corner. Check the AirMidwest Facebook page for more details and notices.

Posted on FB:

"I trust that all who are interested in attending have contacted the Springfield, MO KOA for their reservations. I'd like to get a handle on who and how many are coming if you don't mind either replying to this post, PM'ing me, or posting on the Airforums "Boy's of Summer" thread.

The plan so far is to have a Meet & Greet Happy Hour Thursday evening (Sept 8), either at our trailer or the KOA common area, will keep you posted on that one.

Friday evening (Sept 9) will be the Springfield Cardinals baseball game. I need a head count of those planning on going to see if we qualify for the group discount. The group discount saves us $1/ ticket, we get scoreboard recognition, and a free ball cap. No biggie, if we don't get the numbers, tickets are affordable either way. We'll arrange car pooling from the KOA to Hammons Field as we get closer. Fireworks at the field after the game, win or lose.

Saturday is an explore day for folks new to the area (Wonders of Wildlife museum, Bass Pro, shopping, etc.). We'll plan on a potluck Saturday evening at the KOA common area. If the group wants, I can arrange for the rally to provide the protein (with a small rally fee) and we can each bring a side or dessert. S'Mores and camaraderie around the Solo Stove after.

Sunday, sleep in, relax, and leave as you please...

So to recap:

Trailer count, coming...?
Head count for Friday baseball game...?
Yea or Nay on potluck protein...?

That'll get the ball rolling, so to speak. I'll try to keep up during my travels, but looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!

Brian

Sent from my SM-A505U using Airstream Forums mobile app
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote