Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Air Midwest 2020 Spring Rally

Hi all - Reservations are now open at Huzzah Valley resort in Steelville, MO for the Spring Rally - 4/30 - 5/3. Please call (800) 367-4516 - tell them reservation is under AirMidwest - Lois Lewis. We will be located in the RV Park section of the campground and our group area will be Shelter 3. Right now they are holding sites 110 - 134 for us through the end of Feb. After that they will release them for general reservations.

A few things to note:
• cost varies by number of days and number of people camping. Its about $30 per night for a couple. There is a mix of full hookup and water/electric sites.
• cancellation is a little dicey - they will retain $20 service fee no matter what and if you cancel within 10 days you lose your deposit or whatever you pay so book accordingly.

Stay up to date by joining the Air Midwest Airstream Rally Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/865721750133640/

Campground Map: http://huzzahvalley.com/resort-map-2/
"Homer"
loislane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
West Fork , Arkansas
Lois,
Thanks for hosting this one! Jane & I plan to arrive on April 29, departing on May 3, Site 102 has been reserved. We will be in Maggie, our Safari, and bring Maggie, our Havanese dog.
Thanks for using this posting site since now that I have replied, alerts will come to my e-mail with any updates.
Jim
Old 03-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
West Fork , Arkansas
Unhappy COVID-19 vs Rally

I learned something new today. They said that mask and gloves were sufficient for going to the grocery store but everyone else was wearing clothes!

When I saw that only 3 Streamers, maybe 6 people, had RSVP'd on the Air Forums Rally Calendar, it seemed there would be no problem in maintaining the social distancing recommended by medical professionals during this pandemic. Then I stumbled across a part of the RV park website listing group attendees and it seems there are 5 or 6 times that number coming in apparently from "Facebook Forum" members. That could mean at least 40 persons and no way to keep reasonably isolated. Normally we would not want to keep personally separated but this is a matter of health, risking severe illness and death.
Folks, this pandemic has not found its peak. WBCCI has cancelled all caravans and rallies until mid-July. We will cancel our reservation tomorrow. Please be safe and well.
Jim
Yes, I realize that no one else reads messages on this thread.