Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Since I last posted we have sold our 1/2 ton Silverado and purchased a Ford Excursion. Now that we are no longer limited by the truck our campground choices have greatly expanded. Took it on our first family trip last weekend. Daughters (college age) were thrilled to have plenty of room for themselves plus all of their stuff.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
Since I last posted we have sold our 1/2 ton Silverado and purchased a Ford Excursion. Now that we are no longer limited by the truck our campground choices have greatly expanded. Took it on our first family trip last weekend. Daughters (college age) were thrilled to have plenty of room for themselves plus all of their stuff.
Welcome to the "Ex" family, I would suggest you check out our site for Fords and Excursions, we even have our own club for Ex's
Excursion - King of SUVs - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hello to all,
Well the Dutchstream rally is only a few months away. Working at Lodge Store in Sevierville lets me talk to a lot of people. I have been passing out cards for this rally and we should have a larger group than last year.

Bush's bean has opened their new store, museum [that you can inter act with] and a deli. They have great food and a friendly staff. Anyone interested in going on Friday around 11 o'clock let me know so I can let Bush's know how many to expect. I chocked a few recipes out of Duke [the dog]. He is OK now so I didn't hurt him much. We will be making these for you at the Saturday night dinner.

Same schedule as last year. We hope to see everyone from last year plus a lot more.

Check out our web site and click on the photo of the camp cooking set. I have them for sale and will be bringing a few to all the Rallies.

Let us know when and what site you are on at Ripplin Waters RV campgrounds.
Your Hosts Jim & Regina

PS It is Halloween time so come prepared to show us your decorations.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
I guess I was on drugs or something when I wrote the post last night. Try this one.
Hello to all,

The Dutchstream Rally is only 77 day away [Oct. 1-3, 2010] Don't forget to get your reservations in at ripplinwatersrv.com. This will be a larger rally than last year. Working at the Lodge Store in Sevierville lets me talk to a lot of people. I have been passing out cards for this rally.

Bush's bean has opened their new store, museum [that you can inter act with] and a deli. They have great food and a friendly staff. Anyone interested in going on Friday Oct. 1, 2010 around 11 o'clock let me know so I can let Bush's know how many to expect. I chocked a few recipes out of Duke [the dog]. He is OK now so I didn't hurt him much. We will be making some of these recipes for you at the Saturday night dinner.

Same schedule as last year. We hope to see everyone from last year plus a lot more.

Check out our web site [dutchstream4757.webs.com] and click on photos, then the camp cooking set. You will have to click the photo again when it comes up. I have them for sale and will be bringing a few to all the Rallies.

Let us know when and what site you are on at Ripplin Waters RV campgrounds.

Your Hosts Jim & Regina

PS It is Halloween time so come prepared to show us your decorations at the October Rally.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hi Sarge,

You can tour the museum 7 days a week. Bush's bean are not open on Sundays. Saturday you can take the grand kids there and still be back in time for our pot luck diner that night. The tour is self guided so you can spend as much time there as you want. The Cafe is attached to the building. It is about 6 or 7 miles from the campground. I have the tour for Friday cause most rallies I've attended, a lot of folks get there the day before. We like to do that so we are not in the hassle of trying to set up with everyone else.

Another reason is we eat late on Saturday morning and then have open house. If most are agreeable we could eat earlier and not have the open house tour. This rally is for everyone so everyone has a say in it. We can change things for next year.

I'll post this on the Air Stream forum.

Hope to see and meet you Sarge and the grand kids.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Help,
Does anyone know where I can get a new in dash blower motor for a 1987 Air Stream 345?
Mine is no good. Jackson center said that ARA is out of business. So I need a cross reference for this motor.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:46 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
Help,
Does anyone know where I can get a new in dash blower motor for a 1987 Air Stream 345?
Mine is no good. Jackson center said that ARA is out of business. So I need a cross reference for this motor.
James you might try to contact TrailerWorks at http://trailerworks.biz, they refurb Airstreams, says they have parts and can locate parts, they may be of help.

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
This rally is just around the corner so get your reservations in soon. Let me know what site you are on. We are on site #2.

Air Stream - Dutchstream Rally 2010
Date: October 1 -3 ,2009

Ripplin’ Waters Campground
Ripplin' Waters Campground & Cabin Rentals, Sevierville, Tennessee
1930Winfield Dunn Parkway [Highway 66]
Sevierville, TN 37876
1-888-747-7546 or 865-453-4169
Your hosts are: Jim & Regina 865-803-3963

Located 5 miles south of I-40 at EXIT 407.

RAFFLE: Bring an unwrapped item to give away at the RAFFLE on Saturday night after dinner. This can be an inexpensive new item, used item, funny, gag or whatever. We will give everyone a ticket that donates a RAFFLE item.

FRIDAY MORNING
We have to leave the campgrounds by 10 AM to go to the Bush’s Bean tour. Breakfast will be on your own. Please meet at our site by 9:50 AM. [For those people that can not make Friday mornings Bush's tour we can also do it on Saturday. Just let me know how many want to go.]

FRIDAY EVENING: 6:30PM at our site. This will be a pot luck for the folks that come early, combined with a MEET and GREET.

SATURDAY BRUNCH: 9 AM. We will have the use of the pavilion for a pot luck breakfast. Bring a dish to share [preferably cooked in your Dutch Oven].

SATURDAY EVENING Happy hour starts at 5 o’clock [bring your drink of choice] At 6 or so we will have another pot luck dinner at the pavilion. Don’t forget to save room in your tummies for all the delectable Dutch Oven cuisines prepared by your fellow campers.

After dinner we will start the RAFFLE. Don’t forget your tickets.

SUNDAY MORNING The campground provides church service in the pavilion at 10 AM. If anyone is interested we will do pot luck breakfast at our site.

Don’t forget to bring your own utensils, cups and plates to each meal as well as a big appetite.

Anyone have a large coffee pot and would like to be in charge of making coffee???

Whatcha cookin,
Jim and Regina
Old 09-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
How many are signed up so far? I think we are on site 5. Arriving thursday night.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
I'll try to check tomorrow and see how many and who has signed up for the rally. The last time I checked there were 4 of us. So if you are coming to the rally let us know and get your reservations in soon. I'll post more later.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
We will not be able to camp this weekend, but would love to drive up for the day on Saturday. What would we need to bring with us? (besides the Dutch oven). Have not done much cooking in it so not sure what food things to bring to try in the do. Any help would be great!
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
What is everyone bringing for potluck? I need to make a grocery list soon. Trailer packing will commence tomorrow. Leaving Wednesday night.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
What you need to bring would depend on what you want to share with the rest of us. Bring anything and I will help you as well as the rest of the group. We are all very friendly people and love helping others.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Copy and paste here of what you plan to cook.

FRIDAY EVENING
Jim-

SATURDAY BRUNCH

Jim- mountain man breakfast or what ever

SATURDAY EVENING

Jim - Bread Pudding and Whiskey sauce

SUNDAY BREAKFAST
Jim - ??

Remember the dutchstream rally is this Friday.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouth012006 View Post
Wow we would love that!!! I have been wanting to learn how to use them, but never had the chance. We moved here in the summer of 2008 and have only taken one camping trip to NC since then. We are going to the Doogwoods Airstream get together and that looks like our first camping this year, but hopefully we will be able to get out ALOT more this summer. We are camping in a 24' Argosy that we are redoing on the inside

Mouth, your getting too old, LOL, if you remember correctly, I posted a large "How to" on the Bluegrass & Dogwood" rally site, and offered to show you at that rally how to use it. Get your butt down here, and quit making excuses!!!

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
It's Sunday morning and the Dutchstream Rally 2010 was another success. We had 3 Air Stream trailers, 1 Motor home [ours] and 1 SOB. We also had two new people camping with us Roger and Alice [mcair] from Illinois. Welcome.

We also had Joe and Angie from Cleveland, TN. They drove up for the day and cooked a Peach cobbler for Saturday night dinner. They are new to Air Streaming. Welcome

I put Photos of the rally on my web site. dutchstrem4757.webs.com Feel free to check them out.

I hope you all have [or had] a safe trip hope and we will see you at Dutchstream Rally 2011 next year. Also look over some of the other rallies this fall. We might see you at some of them.

Thank you all for a great turn out at Dutchstream Rally 2010.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Well it's almost time for 3rd annual Dutchstream Rally. Here is the info for the rally. We will be on site #1 again this year. Come out and join the fun.

Dutchstream Rally 2011
Date: Sept. 1 - Oct. 3, 2011
3rd Annual Event

* LOCATION *
Ripplin’ Waters Campground
1930Winfield Dunn Parkway [Highway 66]
Sevierville, TN 37876
1-888-747-7546 or 865-453-4169
Located 5 miles south of I-40 at EXIT 407.

Your hosts are: Jim & Regina 865-803-3963 Site # 1

All meals will be at the pavilion.

RAFFLE: Bring an unwrapped item to give away at the RAFFLE on Saturday night after dinner. This can be an inexpensive new item, used item, funny, gag or whatever. We will give everyone a ticket that donates a RAFFLE item. [This is volunteer only, you do not have to bring a raffle gift.]

FRIDAY EVENING: 6:30PM This will be a pot luck for the folks that arrive early.

SATURDAY BRUNCH: 9 AM. Bring a dish to share.

SATURDAY EVENING: 6 PM Pot luck dinner at the pavilion.

RAFFLE 6:45 PM Don’t forget your tickets.

SUNDAY MORNING Pot luck breakfast at our site [ # 1] at 9 AM.

Don’t forget to bring your own utensils, cups, plates and beverage to each meal.

Church service at the pavilion at 10 AM. Provided by the Ripplin' Waters Campground.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
WOW! Sept 1st through Oct 3rd? Never been to a month long rally before. this one must be smokin' hot. Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
OOPs The Dutchstream Rally will be held on Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2011. That will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Regina and I will be there Thursday through Monday. Come out and cook with us.

I wasn't born a cowboy but I'm getting there as fast as I can.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
DOG
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
May 21, 2011
Jim & Regina
272 Very Old Barton Trail
Dandridge, TN 37725
865-803-3963

We are having a DOG [Dutch Oven Gathering] at our house. We live on Douglas Lake. We have room for your camper [ no electric just water] if you want to come on Friday and stay through Sunday. The main cooking will be on Saturday. We will eat at 6 PM. Bring your Dutch Oven and come out and join the fun . Swimming, boating, camping and a big campfire to sit by and relax after a great meal prepared in a Dutch Oven.

Call for info at 865-803-3963

Don't forget to bring your lawn chairs, utensils and something to drink. Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home.