Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
I sent a message to IDNR asking them which phase includes campgrounds reopening. We’ll see if I get an answer.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
I got a 4 paragraph response but they did not answer the question.
Camping will remain closed until further notice.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #63

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
Jack; any thought of moving to a fall rally if June doesn;t pan out ?
At this point I can't be sure of whether the risk will actually be higher than what it is right now. As the states open up there is the potential of the infection rates may be higher in fall than they are now. With many of us high risk because of age, and a few of us having medical conditions, if the infection rate becomes higher, social gatherings may really not be in the best interest for many of us. With most of us locked down this timeframe June may be the lowest risk we will see.

Also there will be some who may have different plans or availability for fall. So at this time, I have additional camping plans for the balance of the year and quite honestly I do feel fairly safe on controlling my exposure when I'm camping by myself even if risks go up.

This event is truly social and keep in mind that if this event happens in June, this will not be the event as we have structured it in the past. Social distancing really right now is the name of the game and if COVID rates start climbing through the summer, I for one will be avoiding social gatherings, even though I will still camp.

So the answer is I will leave it up to you brave hearts who have time and a free schedule as to whether you want to meet up if June falls through. From my perspective and involvement, if it doesn't happen in June, I'll probably be unwilling to press my luck in attending any social gathering unless a major health break though occurs and I can feel safe in attending.

It obviously would be a disappointment, but those of us who are in the high risk classifications really have to act in our best interest. I personally have a lot of things I want out of my life as I grow older. I'm coming out of a 60 day leave from my grocery store retirement job and I just asked for an extension. Right now corporate says no and while appealing that decision from corporate, I'm quite prepared to quit if necessary to keep me out of undue risk.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:13 PM   #64
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post

So the answer is I will leave it up to you brave hearts who have time and a free schedule as to whether you want to meet up if June falls through. From my perspective and involvement, if it doesn't happen in June, I'll probably be unwilling to press my luck in attending any social gathering unless a major health break though occurs and I can feel safe in attending.

Jack
Well said, Jack. I just found out this week I've had walking pneumonia since January... (now eating antibiotics twice daily) so with my other lung issues, I'm high risk as well. I'm still game to do June... I'll probably be holing up for the rest of the summer and fall as well. I'm not even sure I'll be taking the Born Free moho out of storage yet.

In any event, we'll see what happen with IDNR yet for the June dates.

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:52 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Camping opens next week !!!!!!

From the IDNR website this afternoon:
Effective May 29, all state parks, fish and wildlife areas and recreational areas, as well as select historic sites, will be open to the public. Historic sites with no outdoor acreage will remain closed until further notice.
While normal park hours will resume, shelters, playgrounds and visitors centers will remain closed until further notice. Concessions will be open at all sites.
Campgrounds and camping will be open to the public. IDNR asks campers to keep public health and safety top-of-mind by adhering to the following guidelines:
Individual campsites are limited to campers within an immediate household and campfires are limited to those occupying a specific campsite;
Picnic tables are available and should be used by members of the immediate household;
Cabins are open for use by families or members within an immediate household;
Campers should follow site-specific guidelines when using shared facilities, including showers;
Campers should continue to adhere to social distancing and other public health directives while at state campgrounds; and
Campers assume all personal responsibility and should abide by posted guidelines.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #66

Fenton , Missouri
Well boys and girls, it’s a reality. I will be there! More tomorrow as I figure this all out!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
we'll be there ; "The good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise"
M&D
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:21 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
I'll bring the "Crime Scene" tape and 6' poles to ensure proper social distancing (haha...?[emoji40]). Seriously, it'll be great to get out and wave to everyone again!Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_165208.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	368479
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:29 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Hay M'man, where are you getting these neat shirts?
Old 05-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #70
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
we'll be there ; "The good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise"
M&D
IDNR didn't tell you, Mike? They called ME about you! The park is open for everyone but you. YOU are still in quarantine.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys.

Rog
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
From our twisted minds... and a friend who has graphic skills and a printing business [emoji57]
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I just read where the Il. Governor will outdoor dining at bars and restaurants beginning 5/29; why not us?? We are having a "banquet" with out door seating.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We’ll have to call the pizza place and see what they can do.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #74

Fenton , Missouri
Here's the rules that we are supposed to adhere to! I wonder if the campground hosts will be in charge of social distancing and rule enforcement. This may be an interesting situation for us. I wondering if they are going to be paying attention to those who are obviously groups.

Individual campsites are limited to campers within an immediate household and campfires are limited to those occupying a specific campsite;
Picnic tables are available and should be used by members of the immediate household;
Cabins are open for use by families or members within an immediate household;
Campers should follow site-specific guidelines when using shared facilities, including showers;
Campers should continue to adhere to social distancing and other public health directives while at state campgrounds; and
Campers assume all personal responsibility and should abide by posted guidelines.

Just to remind everyone our normal rally activities will be skipped this year. The only thing I had up for grabs maybe was the movies but if technically campfires are limited to a specific campsite and its occupants, it sort of goes to the assumption that any kind of gathering would be a violation of the campfire rule.

Personally I don't want to end up getting in any kind of conflict with the powers that be, so the movie night unfortunately just won't happen this year. I've got a feeling that with us being probably one of the first big groups up at the park, that they will probably be more strict in the early days, until they get a feel for what will be acceptable. Some of you long time attendees may remember some individual campground hosts have been a little persnickety in the past, as evidenced by them coming to me as being responsible for wine drinking on various sites and giving me the heads up warning. I think most of us have learned about the no alcohol policy in the state parks and drink from coolies that harbor drink identification.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-22-2020, 12:57 PM   #75

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
We’ll have to call the pizza place and see what they can do.
May end up being carry out! I remember last year!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
I'm leaning to canceling because Im' 86 & have copd & asthma, if I would get virus not good. W/out potluck & fires or pizza nite & movies no fun, not supposed to group up, or play bocce ball, this is what our group does as stated no fun. [featherbedder] Bill
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #77

Fenton , Missouri
Yeah to me just getting out will be wonderful. We can still gather, in small groups. This will be a learning experience for us all. Lot of individual conversations for sure. It's not like we can't socially interact at all. We just have to keep the groups to 10 or less I think.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
"FOOD FOR THOUGHT" What if we had a food tables (buffet line) and than each of had TV tray and or lap tray to eat from; or the picnic tables but NOT pushed together? Tables seat 4-6.
bocce ball could still be played.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:01 PM   #79

Fenton , Missouri
As much as I trust you all, the bottom line is that you can be carrying this bug and not even know it. That's the reasons for the masks. Not to keep you safe but instead to keep others safe from you.

Buffet/Pot luck is way too risky. I also believe the campground hosts will most likely put the kibosh on us pulling tables off of specific sites. Even if we separate them. I really think that anything that looks like a magnet to draw more than 10 people together will probably be brought to our attention. I just hate to make assumptions and then find it all blows up in our faces. It only takes one person to spread this to many. Last thing I want to hear about is someone getting sick a couple weeks after we come home.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-23-2020, 11:19 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Just cancelled F3 for reasons post #76. will miss good times previous gatherings this group. Maybe if conditions improve for fall rally will try, but health starting downhill but I'm stubborn will go until final days, but I have very good out look on life, another reason for cancelling, Penny adamant because of virus but won't admit. [Trash can ready to go.] Any of group in my area stop by as I have 2 1/2 acres of 5 1/2 acres wide drive into this area, Can dry camp unless wet as grass, if wet gravel other drive to barn & machine shed generators ok. have well water at house [out side faucet], have circle drive easy in & out at house also can dump gray water, maybe black, W/out any hassle from neighbors. This area is horse country. My property well manicured not slop hole. [featherbedder] Bill
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote