Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #181
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
I'm wondering if anyone at the rally would be interested in buying a few gallons of PPG-5044 stripper I have left, probably 3 gallons after I finish my project (tomorrow). Private message me if interested. I'll be there starting Tuesday night. Thanks, Peter
Old 04-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #182
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
1967 22' Safari
1969 18' Caravel
Palo Alto , California
We will be there in space 70, it's down by the river and up to the right. That is all I know, I have never seen the site but it was recommended to us. Lat year we were next to a box trailer and once they opened their slide out we were squeezed for space.

We are coming in on Friday and leaving Monday. We plan to bring the kayaks. We will see how that goes-only our third time using them! eek!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
markdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #183
4 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Truckee , California
Ruthie, Cooper and I are in F16. Not yet sure what the potluck dish will be.

Bruce
bganso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #184
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
2003 25' Safari
Forestville , California
Julie and I are thinking Casini Churned Vanilla Ice Cream for tje desert menu. See you on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 04-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #185
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
2018 23' Flying Cloud
Lincoln , CA
Thread bump for the Happy Hour Appetizer and Pot Luck:

Chopped chicken liver pate,.......#123....TerraYacht....Cliff & Andrea
Friday evening: cheeses and accessories TerraYacht

Appetizer - Spicy Artichoke Dip; Site 73; CAMP AIR; Tim & Jeanie
Pot Luck - Texas Ranger Baked Beans; etc.

Large container of home-made chocolate brownies from Seattle. I'll find a winery on the way down! A Cabernet perhaps with those brownies....ouch! Jeff jkinglet

Maggie, Scott and Peter, site 136:Appetizer, not sure, something baked. Pot luck: italian olive oil/cornmeal/almond cake mounded with some kind of fruit in a honey/lemon vanilla dressing.

Julie, and Bob, site 145: Casini Churned Vanilla Ice Cream for the desert menu.

John & Lori, Site #121: Appetizer, Orange Chicken Nuggets. Pot Luck, Marinated/BBQ Veggies. We arrive Friday afternoon and depart on Monday.
CoastieJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #186
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California

Large container of home-made chocolate brownies from Seattle. I'll find a winery on the way down! A Cabernet perhaps with those brownies....ouch! Jeff jkinglet

Maggie, Scott and Peter, site 136:Appetizer, not sure, something baked. Pot luck: italian olive oil/cornmeal/almond cake mounded with some kind of fruit in a honey/lemon vanilla dressing.

John & Lori, Site #121: Appetizer, Orange Chicken Nuggets. Pot Luck, Marinated/BBQ Veggies. We arrive Friday afternoon and depart on Monday.

Vinnie & Cindy, Site #134 Pot Luck, 16 lbs of Shrimp on the Barbi.

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #187
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' International
San Jose , California
Scott and Valerie (plus Ainsley and Lucy) - site 135 - appetizer: chicken satay skewers; pot luck: sweet and tangy BBQ meatballs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post

indygirl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #188
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Since this will be my first time attending Friday Happy Hour, what time should we pour ourselves over?

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #189
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
Since this will be my first time attending Friday Happy Hour, what time should we pour ourselves over?
Robert, since you have a track record of being a bit late and your arriving a day early this year, why not begin your pour on Thursday so you won't feel rushed?
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:54 PM   #190
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview

Scott and Valerie (plus Ainsley and Lucy) - site 135 - appetizer: chicken satay skewers; pot luck: sweet and tangy BBQ meatballs.

Jeff, Kathy & Collin #125 Pot luck: b-cake because it;s Kathy's Birthday Shhhhhh!
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #191
4 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Truckee , California
Bruce & Ruthie F16 - Kielbasa Pineapple Bites for Friday apps. Chopped Mexican Salad for Pot Luck.
bganso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:19 PM   #192
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Unofficial official greeters.

Since Lynn and I have kinda become the unofficial official greeters because we generally are the first to arrive. Last year we were not 1st but none of the earlier arrivals picked up the sword we tried not to disappoint. As usual we have a small treat or two. Since Casini spreads all around and into some hideaway sites and our joints do not carry us as far as we like we want all to receive our 'greetings'. Lynn, has something that she has spent a buncho time making and I as I have in the past made souvenir refer magnets denoting this rally. I have made just enough so if you do not receive one please ask.....just one per trailer....errr the trailer that you brought. We are in 127......(look for the big RED convertible) the usual site of 1953 Flying.......we edged them out last year. So if we do not find you please find us for your unofficial official greeting.

Neil, Lynn and Sophie.......she barks.....no bite.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #193
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalview View Post
Robert, since you have a track record of being a bit late and your arriving a day early this year, why not begin your pour on Thursday so you won't feel rushed?

Ha, first time for everything,arriving late Thursday night verses Friday. The pour will be light as I don't anticipate on arriving anytime before 7pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #194
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Dixon , California
Chinclan - Ben and Patty Chin will be arriving on Friday. Pot Luck desert Strawberry Triffle
Chinclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #195
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Happy Hour/Potluck Menu

Cut/Paste - add yours to the bottom and repost!

Jeff, Kathy & Collin #125 Pot luck: b-cake because it;s Kathy's Birthday Shhhhhh!

Suzzee/Allen - #122 - Deviled Eggs for HHour and a yummy salad (still deciding what kind) for potluck... and wine, of course

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #196
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
Hi All, looking forward to this rally! Are there any "rules" to know about, or anything to prepare/bring besides food? Jayne is coming Friday, the rest of the clan Saturday morning.
Thanks!!!

Suzzee/Allen - #122 - Deviled Eggs for HHour and a yummy salad (still deciding what kind) for potluck... and wine, of course

jakes_mama #111 B (Jayne, Brian, Jake and Charles + Rocky the Wonder Beagle) App for HH, Bruschetta; Pot luck, fruit bowl (strawberries + ).
jakes_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #197
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
[QUOTE=jakes_mama;1604092]Hi All, looking forward to this rally! Are there any "rules" to know about, or anything to prepare/bring besides food? Jayne is coming Friday, the rest of the clan Saturday morning.
Thanks!!!=QUOTE]

Andrea and I have only been to a few of these tribal gatherings, but as near as we can determine, the rules are to be friendly and have fun, enjoy whatever food and drink is your preference. (Very strict stuff, huh.) You do need to bring plates, flatware, etc. for the potluck, several people bring big prison-style trays, maybe a table cloth,

The Friday and Saturday meet-ups have been starting about 5 PM, mostly important for the Saturday potluck because that is when people have lined up to start the journey down the self-serve tables. Friday is just a continuous party until its campfire time.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #198
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Speaking of Rules... Generally only two.. (1) Bring something to Happy Hour Friday and food for dinner Saturday.. (2) Don't be late for dinner Saturday.. Beyond that, you are free to spend days or late nights as you see fit.. There is fisherman festival in Bodega Bay Saturday, wine tasting around the Russian River Valley, and shopping in Guerneville or Healdsburg or ?? In addition, you are free to fish, kayak or enjoy the river (canoe and kayak rentals upstream) or just sit around trailer and socialize or watch the Master's Golf Tournament..

Oh, and for Happy Hour, we will again be bringing the legendary Margarita Ball, along with ice and glasses and limes.. Stay thirsty... Still pondering Pot Luck dinner options...

John (and Dianne) in 131

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #199
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
While we're talking about things to do:

For anyone who is interested in where yarn comes from, I'll be bringing my spinning wheel and a spare, plus my smaller weaving loom.

Anyone who wants to can try their hand at spinning or weaving - I can teach you the basics. If I have an idea of how strong the interest is, I can adjust accordingly.

Another alternative is to set up a tie-dye station. Bring a washed t-shirt. I'll bring dyes, dye solution chemicals, rubber bands, gloves and a low mess place to work. You'll take your project home in a ziploc bag and wash it out after it sets for 24 hours. All of these activities are suitable for ages 9 to 90, and for various blood alcohol levels.

So, what do you think? Any takers?
Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #200
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Fresno , California
Does anyone know if Verizon works at Casini? I know AT&T is spotty at best.
We're leaving Thursday morning after we drop Johnny off at school.
1977 31' Sovereign "The Mod Pod"
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Mrs.Mod is offline   Reply With Quote