Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
2010 Moraine View Rally

Just a thought that if you were looking at your calendar for next year, the 8th annual Moraine View Rally will occur June 11, 12 and 13th. That's the second weekend in June and a week after the Airstream bash up at Jackson Center.

We may not have the plant tour in our activities, but we do have an Airstream tour (of our own trailers), campfires, the traditional movies, hot dog reception, and pot luck dinner on Saturday night.

So keep us in mind, pencil in the date. We will get the process rolling early next spring.

Airstream Forums Moraine View Midwest Rally back again for year # 8! June 2010.

See posts 16 and 17 for reservation information! http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...tml#post811377
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Jack, and thanks for the heads up. It's on our calendar.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
You Know I will be there. come on June get. I need to go where it's warm
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We have another commitment. Looks like we miss this one.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
We have another commitment. Looks like we miss this one.
Oh no! I was looking forward to doing some cooking together!

Maggie
Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We are planning to be at both the april and may unit rallies.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Great! We have a grandson birthday the weekend of the April one, so will not be able to get to that one. The May rally is right after the Louisiana Roadtrip, but we're planning on making the drive, anyway, to see everyone.

Bring your Dutch Oven.

Maggie
Old 02-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #8

Fenton , Missouri
Hi folks. I'm going to be calling the folks at Moraine View for this year's rally and we may try something different this year. As you know there are campsites close to the lake. Sites P14-P23 are on the lake. Just across from them are sites F1-F9 which are much like a wagon wheel with back in sites.

What I'm thinking of doing, dependent upon availability is making the upfront payment to the Moraine folks to hold these sites. Silvertwinkie a.k.a. Eric and I will front the money to hold the sites. That means that we would need you to pay us for the deposits rather than you making the reservations to the park folks. I'll check with the park folks to find out whether you will pay them the balance upon arrival or whether I will be required to do that.

Bottom line, our attendance has fluctuated over the years with the high water mark being around 45 units. I'm pretty much comfortable that there will be a minimum of 20 units showing up so I'm willing to take the risk on the reservation for holding 20 sites. Once I get commitment from you on those first 20 sites and your deposit on the sites that I'm holding, those who want to come will need to contact the park and make your own reservations. I'm confident that the park will do their best to keep you close to the main group. Keep in mind however, that this area of the park is more popular than where we normally have been. So the closer you are to June in making your reservation, the more likely you will be in being separated from us. Note you can make reservations for specific sites if they are open.

So the question at hand is whether you all would like being down by the lake, or whether you want to stay in the area where we have been over the past 7 years.

Check out the campground map for the locations we are talking about. I'll call next Monday based on what feedback I get, and we will let the Moraine folks know where we'd like to go.

http://dnr.state.il.us/LANDS/Landmgt...mrvcampmap.pdf
Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
My vote is for the lake sites. If I remember correctly, they're very nice sites and it will keep the group in a more compact area rather than spread all the way up and around the corner.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
That would be a nice change! Do they have electric or are they more primitive sites?
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #11

Fenton , Missouri
The sites are electric.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Moraineview

Jack; I would be interested in one of the sites P19 thru P23.
I have a front bed; so this way I would have something to look at rather than someones back side.
Thanks, and keep me posted.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

schaumburg , confusion
I can count for 3 sites one for me, cottages, and a sob shabica I am fine with either spot.
tikihut
Old 02-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We will be there, and like the idea of the lakefront sites, too.

Count us in.

Doug & Maggie
Old 02-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #15

Fenton , Missouri
OK. I think we have peaked some interest in pursuing this. I'll have an answer on Monday if the folks from Moraine are in the office. If the sites are available, I'll get a minimum of 20 reserved. Then I'll work on the logistics for how those of you interested can get one of the 20. If the demand is high enough, I'll possibly get another block. The key for me is not getting left with paying for a reservation and then no one taking the site. So we will be conservative at first.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #16

Fenton , Missouri
Moraine View Reservation Process

Just an update I'm in the process of reserving the sites by the lake. Please do not send your own reservations in at this time to Moraine View since you will be reserving them through me.

Here is how we will handle it. Note that a reservation through me covers a Friday arrival with a Sunday departure. Read on below for those wishing a longer stay.

1. I'll post the sites here in this thread.
2. You let me know by PM what site you want (Include your legal name). Please consider an alternative site since I'll do the reservations based on first request.
3. I'll acknowledge that I've received your request and will hold that site for you for 7 days while I await your deposit. The forum thread will note that your reservation is pending payment.
4. Once I receive the deposit from you, I'll consider the site assigned and the forum thread will note that the reservation is confirmed.
5. If I don't receive payment within 7 days, the site will become available for others.
6. Since I'm reserving the sites (and paying the deposit in advance) you will send me your deposit and I'll relay your name to the Moraine View folks.
7. At check in, the park will collect the balance from you giving you credit for your deposit.
8. If you want to come in Thursday or stay beyond Sunday, get your reservation done with me first. Once I confirm your site you can fill out a reservation form from Moraine View and enter in the site that I have confirmed with you. Note that this additional reservation will require a deposit directly with Moraine View.
9. You can cancel your reservation and receive your deposit back minus $5. Note that this is Moraine View's policy.

The key in this is to minimize the risk on the deposit (Silvertwinkie and I will be forwarding almost $500 out of our pockets to hold these sites). We also know that if we do the reservation process like we have in the past, there will be no way we will be in a group together since these are prime spots which normally are the first taken by the general public in the campground. Those of you who don't feel comfortable in committing this far in advance can reserve your own sites outside of the block I am taking. In this case you will be able to mark your forms Airstream group and the Moraine folks will try to get you as close as possible to the sites I am reserving.

Please let me know if you have questions and please wait to make your requests for sites until I get my confirmed paper work back from Moraine. I'll post the sites that I am holding at that time and I'll also post the sites that I'm not holding but are next to our block. That will help the folks who need sites after my initial block sells out.

Questions? Ask them now so that we can all understand how this will work prior to me posting the sites.

Thanks!
Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #17

Fenton , Missouri
OK folks I have the intital site reservation confirmed. Here are the sites available for you to reserve through me. F1, F4-F9, P13-P16, P18-P23. http://dnr.state.il.us/LANDS/Landmgt...mrvcampmap.pdf

Please follow the reservation procedure in post 16 above.

Note that all reservations through me are for Friday through Sunday. Note that if you wish to come earlier or stay longer, you will have to make those specific reservations through the Moraine View folks. Get your reservation from me first, then follow up with Moraine View for the additional days. Note that your initial deposit with me is $25 with the balance due with the Moraine folks at the check in gate when you arrive.

PM me with your reservation. I'll contact you back with my mailing address and will hold your site for 7 days. If I don't receive a deposit, the site goes back into the available pool.

Once this block of sites is reserved and confirmed, you can obtain a site from Moraine View directly. See the campground map for the sites surrounding the one's I reserved. Remember this area of the park is popular so if you are reserving outside of our block, do it soon. I expect those surrounding sites will be gone by late April early May.

Note that P22 and P23 on the lake have a slight slope to the parking pads. This shouldn't be an issue but I want you all to know that. Finally in making your reservation with me, provide an alternate site in case your first choice is taken. Reservations will be handled on first come first served when the same site is requested.

Thanks for coming! Let's make year 8 of this rally the best yet. I'll post additional information in the future.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 03-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #18

Fenton , Missouri
Sites reserved at this point. 3/14/10 4:00PM

silvertwinkie F2--check received
jcanavera F3--check received
TinLoaf F6--check received
doug&maggie F7--check received
Bluebird P14--check received
Whitesell P15--check received
Kramer P16--check received
maccamper P17--prepaid
2wired P18
cosmotini P19--check received
silverflash P20--check received
Cottage P21
Tikihut P22
Shabica P23
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 03-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

schaumburg , confusion
jack did you ever get may email about 3 spots
Old 03-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #20

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut View Post
jack did you ever get may email about 3 spots
Just went back in the PM's and I don't have anything there. We just opened up reservations today. I didn't take anything until I got a confirmation from the folks at Moraine. Send me a PM with your site requests.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15