Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
We gotta see how the camping season goes. Ya never know, the kids might hate it. Either way, a forum rally really appeals to us and the venue is not only close but looks beautiful. Count us in as a definite maybe.
Hey, Jason and Andrea!
Let us know when you have those fixes done so you can go and we will set up a weekend to meet somewhere. Larry and I spent an overnight at West Branch last night with a forums friend stopping in to visit. We had a good time, but it was not campfire weather. Cold, windy and rainy! But we were toasty in the Minuet...and dry. Had a good first night campout for 09!
We have signed up as a maybe too at Penn Wood. Sounds and looks like a beautiful place to linger with friends.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I see on the rally sign up page that it says that signing up there (just changed ourselves from maybe to yes) is our "reservation" of a site. Is this true? No need to call the campground and make a reservation?
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Thumbs up YES! Another Attendee

Quote:
I see on the rally sign up page that it says that signing up there (just changed ourselves from maybe to yes) is our "reservation" of a site. Is this true? No need to call the campground and make a reservation?
Jason & Andrea,
I am glad you switched from a maybe to a yes. You are correct, there is no need to call the park, your site is gauranteed. If you get a chance to come to the park before the rally you can call to make sure there are sites available but space is rarely a problem. Besides all the leased sites there is room for about another 40 coaches with full hookups.

How are your repairs coming?

Have you seen the pictures from the CBR? I wanted to go this year, but the scheduling didn't work out. But I have cleared the calrendar for next year's CBR. It looks like too much fun to pass up.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Repairs are, for all intents and purposes, done. Electric works, plumbing works without leaks, gas works without leaks. Just back to peevy stuff: bedroom wall light, finishing around the wood floor, fridge igniter. I need to tear out the oven sometime, but that only needs to happen before I'm ready to tackle building the bunk bed! I need to see some authentic AS bunks. I want to make my add-in bunk as close to the real thing as possible so as not to look too tacky.

We just spent the last hour drooling over the pictures of this year's CBR. That is the group for us! Nothing is going to stop us for being there next year.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Quote:
Repairs are, for all intents and purposes, done. Electric works, plumbing works without leaks, gas works without leaks. Just back to peevy stuff: bedroom wall light, finishing around the wood floor, fridge igniter. I need to tear out the oven sometime, but that only needs to happen before I'm ready to tackle building the bunk bed! I need to see some authentic AS bunks. I want to make my add-in bunk as close to the real thing as possible so as not to look too tacky.

We just spent the last hour drooling over the pictures of this year's CBR. That is the group for us! Nothing is going to stop us for being there next year.
Jason,
I am really glad to hear that the repairs are moving along.

Take a look at these two links to see how they did "stowable" bunks in the mid-60s...

1965 Airstream Ambassador For Sale < Airstream Campers | Vintage-Airstream.com

1965Ambassador

Good luck with your modifications.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #26
Certifiable

. , .
Hard to believe that on a beautiful Spring day in New England I'd be daydreaming about leaves changing color and early fall.

But I am.

I had the privilege of meeting two of our hosts, Carl and Elaine (DEITZ645), this past weekend and I now know for sure that this will be one terrific rally. I just know it. I don't even know what we're going to do but I know my wife, my soon-to-be 9-year old son, and our two doggies are going to have a great time!

These guys are a class act.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:10 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Toured Costalota & Other Airstream Celebrities

Well this past weekend I was privileged to meet and spend some time with Happycampers, plus I got to tour Costalota. They are great folks and their Argosy ain't too shabby either. We are looking forward to having them back for the rally in October.

We also got to meet some other Airstream celebrities the other weekend at Penn Wood...The Weimers from Punxsutawney, PA. They are Airstream Celebrities in that the entire family is featured in a full page color photograph in the Wanderlust Airstream At 75 coffee table book. They are on page 9 if you have your copy handy. I need to start carrying our book around so I can get autographs as I meet Airstream celebrities.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
I signed up for it - we were there once before to look at an airstream for sale. It is only about an hour or so away from us.
Loudruff - I look forward to seeing you again; and I will bring food!! LOL
wannaroam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
great!

Wannaroam,
We upgraded just a bit since you last saw us. We kept the Minuet, but bought a "new to us" 1989 Excella 1000-29 footer. Since my mom passed in Mar. we are no longer having to sit at home to do home care etc. We are having a fun time camping this year! We will look forward to seeing you and what great stuff you can cook up for the POTluck! LOL!
Have you been doing lots of camping? How is the work on your AS going?
This sounds like a wonderful park. We have never been there. We are looking forward to meeting lots of Airstreamers there.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
Lou and Larry

Wow, that new unit sounds great! But I am sorry to hear about your mom passing. We too took care of my mom - she lived with us for 4 years - but she also passed about two years ago.

We have been out several times already this year, mainly to Erie at Sara's in Presque Isle and one trip to the Outflow camping site at the Youghiogheny. That was out first time to boondock - no hookups available that weekend. We had a bit of a struggle to get the fridge working via propane but finally got it going. At this point all systems are going and we even installed a new A/C!
Now, that is not to say that there isn't anything that can/could still be done of course!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Pa

We have not been camping in PA in quite awhile. Spent our honeymoon there in several campgrounds 38 yrs. ago. A few years ago we spent some time at Presque d'Isle. A pretty place. We were in a quaint little campground.
We will look forward to seeing your improvements on the AS. The last time we saw it it was still in pretty rough shape and an ongoing project. See you at PennWood!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #32
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Wink

All I want to know is Dave & Lori ready for a bike race??

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
All I want to know is Dave & Lori ready for a bike race??
Bob,
Is this a throw down? I will bring this post to Dave and Lori's attention (bike 2 eat). With all the rain we have been having this year I know they have been having trouble getting out to train. We are headed to Penn Wood tomorrow for a Margartiaville Rally.

I also got a call from Dave tonight wanting to know if it would be OK if they have to move our '87 to higher ground. They got so much rain up there today that the creek next to our trailer is close to flood stage. I hope the waters recede by tomorrow evening and I hope they don't need to move my trailer, I hate backing it up into the site.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Classic
1998 19' Bambi
livingston , Texas
Bike race

Whats the challenge. We are game for it!! Hope you may come to our rally. Do to the rain we didn't ride the tour de France. Besides we were not invited. Can't figureout why. If Lance can why not me?
Hows the trailer doing?
bike 2 eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #35
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I was invited but had a conflict..................

Been doing a lot of sailing in the meantime.

As of now you guys should see us on the 1st.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
We just came back from camping at East Harbor State campgrounds in Ohio. The last day we were there a vintage Caravel pulled in. Of course, I had to go and talk to the owner. Well it turned out that he inherited the unit from his parents and his 94 year old Mother was with him. He is from Jeanette Pa - in the Pgh area.

During the talk he mentioned Penn Woods. Here it turns out that his parents had two AS units - a 25' that was kept at Penn Woods, and the Caravel that they used to travel in. I told him about the rally coming up and he was very excited to come and bring his Mom with him. I didn't have any particulars about it with me, but just told him to call Penn Woods and ask them for the info.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
good for u

Isn't it cool when you get to meet another "silver" one on the road? Glad you caught up with them. I hope they get to the rally too.

You didn't say how your vacation was at East Harbor!!?? What did you do and see? Did you have a good week? We were hoping that you might be able to get up to the Metro-Detroit. Sorry you weren't able to make it. We had a good time with 22 or so other Airstream units. I lost count!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Death Defying Entertainment Planned

The rally is drawing closer every day and I have been able to persuade Alex Kensington and Charon Henning to perform some of their death defying feats at one of the evening campfires.

Alex and Charon are lease holders at Penn Wood and have been featured in Airstream Life and Wanderlust Airstream at 75. If you have never heard of them or seen their acts you can read all about them on their website at The Swordswallowers.

I know the rally dates are 10/01-04/2009, but everybody is welcome to come earlier and stay later. The rally dates coincide with the tail end of the annual Autumn Leaf Festival in Clarion. If you are interested in coming for the earlier Autumn Leaf Festival events please do. You can read all about all the planned events on the festival's web site...

Welcome to National City® Autumn Leaf Festival™ 2009!

My wife and I plan on being at Penn Wood all week and there are always full timers in the park and the usual off the road traffic, so you'll have plenty of company.

So if you have been sitting on the fence about attending the rally get signed up, come out and meet some other Airstreamers, and enjoy Penn Wood.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1973 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Vista , California
Can I bring my Argosy MH ? I have never been to a rally.This sounds like a good one.

Bibbs
bibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Bibbs,
HECK YEAH you can bring your Argosy motor home! We'd love to have you. There's a totally restored 1979 30' Argosy travel trailer (Happycampers in COSTALOTA) coming all the way from the Lone Star State and we need an Argosy motorhome to round out the collection.

We hope to see you there.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)

Tags
fall rally, mid-atlantic rally, northeast rally, pennsylvania rally