Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH , Florida
Weber 1200 Dual Low Pressure and High Pressure

Instead of buying the Weber Airstream grill, I bought the Weber 1200 and converted it to a low pressure grill using the DOZYANT quick connect line (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
But, I still wanted to use the grill at the house.
So, I bought a high pressure regulator and another DOZYANT female quick release fitting.
Now, I have a dual use Weber 1200!
Hope this is helpful for someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DOZYANT Weber 1200.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	403088   Click image for larger version

Name:	DOZYANT Weber 1200 with low pressure hose.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	403089  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DOZYANT Weber with high pressure regulator.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	403090  
PC Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Schaumburg , Illinois
Thanks for posting this ! I had a separate thread about difficulty with performance at high altitude, and your approach looks like exactly what will help me with options and maintain flexibility. Couple questions if you don't mind ...

1) the female fitting that is right at the back of the knob on the Q1200 ... is the standard Weber plumbing threaded to accept that fitting ? I can't tell from looking at my Q .. it almost looks like a single solid cast piece where the regulator joins the knob for flow control. Also, did that female fitting come with the 12ft hose or did you buy that separately ? Is it available as a separate item ?

2) can you share any hints or potential problem areas I should know about in removal of the stock regulator from the Q, or is it so simple I can't mess it up ? It does not appear to me that I can unscrew it, but maybe my vision is that poor ...

3) Is your high pressure regulator hose an adjustable regulator or fixed ? I saw a different solution where an adjustable regulator was permanently plumbed (but not using quick connect fittings).

Thanks for sharing your solution
1StreamDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:12 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
1StreamDream,
Glad it helped.
1 If you buy the DOZYANT line at the Amazon link, it is everything you need for the low pressure line. The male quick disconnect fits the Weber female connector.
Once you remove the regulator from the Weber, install the male fitting into that line.
The kit includes: male fitting, female fitting, line, and male fitting to connect to AS low pressure fitting.
2 Very simple/straight forward installation (YOU TUBE videos). Be sure to use natural gas/propane tape (yellow and thicker than regular (white teflon) pipe tape.
3 No, high pressure regulator does not have adjustment. Use the Weber gas control know for that.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:18 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Apex , North Carolina
weber 1200

Have you used the grill on the low pressure? How does it perform?

I cant see where this adapter would go where the one pound canister usually screws on.????
Bill n Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:30 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Apex , North Carolina
Okay, watched you tube and read other posts. Missed initially how the weber regulator had to be removed.
Thanks so much for your post.
Bill n Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
FYI - I initially tried this exact same conversion. I didn't buy the DOZYANT kit, but instead, just bought the parts at a local LP supply place. I was very unsatisfied over it's performance.

The original Weber Q regulator is secured on both sides of the regulator by a bracket, making it very stable. When you convert it using the DOZYANT kit (or with locally sourced parts), you end up putting all the hose strain on the mixing valve tube. You can grab it by the handle and wiggle it to see what I mean. Every time you move the angle of the attaching hose, you put strain on that mixing tube because you've lost the rigidity provided by the support bracket.

I found the Torjik conversion kit to be much better as it replaces the original support bracket with a new one, yet now you have a quick connect as desired. You can then move the regulator to the tank using parts sourced at your local ACE hardware or LP supply house. (basically, just the female quick connect, the LP tank connect and any adapters needed to put them on the regulator.

Get the Torjik and you'll be much happier.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
THX.
The DOXYANT does reduce the rigidity provided by the bracket.
I haven't had a problem, though.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:35 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
I haven't used it with the AS yet.
But, many others have. So, the You Tubers report it works well.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Whenever I see a gas grill put to the side of the road for discarding, I remove the regulator/hose assembly to make up a high to low pressure pigtail.

Greg
greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote