RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-15-2021, 12:42 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Hubbard , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by redthies View Post
Tow set up is THE touchy subject around here. I seldom weigh in (pun intended) on it as well, but as I get older, I care less and less what people think of me, and try to impart some of the knowledge Iíve gained to those that havenít towed regularly for 30+ years. Itís up to the reader to decide how they want to use that info.

For the record, I tow my 29í trailer with the same thing I tow my boat, car trailer etc. A single rear wheel longbox diesel 3500 4x4. 8Ē forged drop hitch with no WD or sway do-dadís. My theory is like yours syclone... have enough vehicle up front to control whatís out back.

I agree. I seldom chime in myself as it can be very frustrating. I tow my 30 foot classic with a 3500 and I have a CDL license and Iím very lucky to live in an area where I can daily drive my truck. If I lived in a large city, I would probably be looking at the European SUVs due to the fact I would have no place to park my truck. Do what works for you and your life style.

I really hope people use other avenues for advice other that this site. 90% of the crap said here is BS opinions with no facts or experience behind the words. Reading these tow vehicle treads make me laugh as well as people stating their Airstream is a piece of sh** because the hot water heater stopped working. Come on people, letís get this site back to helping and encouraging people rather than smart comments and bashing people.
TKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCamper View Post
Come on people, letís get this site back to helping and encouraging people rather than smart comments and bashing people.

Thanks for this!
When I first joined this site it was much friendlier and less judgmental. More like a group of people in love with their airstreams all trying to help each other on their adventures.

Iím not sure when it became so much more judgemental and almost hostile.
Iím sure Iím guilty of this attitude as well and I am endeavouring to change my ways.
Telling someone that their experiences and opinions are wrong is rarely helpful.
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:55 PM   #43
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldeanFan View Post
Thanks for this!
When I first joined this site it was much friendlier and less judgmental. More like a group of people in love with their airstreams all trying to help each other on their adventures.

Iím sure Iím guilty of this attitude as well and I am endeavouring to change my ways.
Telling someone that their experiences and opinions are wrong is rarely helpful.
We LOVE the "Frostbacks"...especially when they are from the Home of the..... Ice Wine Festival 👍
Oh C-eh-N-eh-D-eh...we Love you on this side of the 'Rainbow"

Bob
🇺🇸

Tahawus
🌤
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Prescott , Arizona
Keyboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldeanFan View Post
Thanks for this!
When I first joined this site it was much friendlier and less judgmental...

Keyboards are the problem. As more people use their keyboards on a site, the more judgmental the site becomes. Sites, when small, trade information freely, in a congenial manner. We're all just trying learn.

As sites grow information becomes diverse and dense. Diversity adds noise to information. Density adds details to information. All of which add up to absolute positions. Often absolute positions are the only way to be heard above the noise.

This leads information to be binary, which in turn, puts information in adversarial positions, even when adversarial doesn't address the underlying problem.

Substitute thread for site and you can see how it grows from thread to thread on a site.

Mike
new2trailer is offline   Reply With Quote