Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
We have a 2013 27 Classic that has the LP quick disconnect connection.

It came with a hose. But I need the correct fittings to connect to my Weber Q220. The Weber uses standard 1lb propane tanks.

I currently use an adapter to connect the Weber directly to my propane tank (I have used this configuration for years).

Can anybody help with what connections I should use? Home Depot did not have the right fittings.

Thanks,

Tom

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Here you go, this is what I use

Gas Quick Connect Hose / Gas Quick Connects Gas Hose Systems

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
When you connect directly to your propane tank you are using the regulator that comes with the Weber grill to regulate the gas pressure. The gas pressure at the quick disconnect on your trailer is already regulated down to 11" of water column. You can't use two regulators in the gas line. The regulators are made to accept tank pressure at the inlet and regulate the gas down to 11" of water column at the outlet. You have to eliminate the gas regulator on the Weber grill and replace it with a gas control valve with an orifice drilled to the specified size for the BTU rating of the Weber grill for propane gas. The regulator and gas control valve on the Weber is specifically designed for that grill and replacing it is very involved. There are grills made for use with travel trailer quick disconnects that have no regulator only a gas control valve. I too have a Weber that we used for years now resting comfortably in the garage Waiting for the yard sale.
Joe Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Colonial Airstream now carries the parts to connect the quick disconnect hose to the 1 pound bottle connection on many grills.

I picked mine up today - I will let you know if I have any issues with the pressure and flow

WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
For those that don' have this feature, you can use compressed air hose fittings. I have them on my Avion as well as two on the house deck. The parts to install them on the AS were under $30. Joe had it right, do not use a regulator on the BBQ.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 22' FB Sport
Seal Rock , Oregon
After doing some online research, I purchased the following items to run from the quick connect shutoff valve in the front of our 22' Sport to a BBQ Grill that was designed to run off bottle gas. Camco 57282 10' Propane /quick-connect hose and the Camco 57274 RV Control Valve with quick connect from Amazon.com. This was surprisingly cheaper than purchasing the combined kit offered by Camco. The Valve was $10.97 and the 10' hose was $24.35 plus S&H. The valve screwed directly into the burner where the regulator was supposed to go and it worked great for my BBQ needs so far.
ODSCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' International
Austin , Texas
Coleman Grill to A/S Int. LP Quick Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkowalyk View Post
Colonial Airstream now carries the parts to connect the quick disconnect hose to the 1 pound bottle connection on many grills.

I picked mine up today - I will let you know if I have any issues with the pressure and flow
Would you please specify the parts you ordered?

Tom
h8rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rain View Post

Would you please specify the parts you ordered?

Tom
I didn't order them, they just gavel the pieces (not. For free)

WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
Old 12-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2013 22' FB Sport
Wichita , Kansas
So... if I buy these 2 items:
Camco 57282 10' Propane Quick-Connect Hose
Camco 57274 RV Control Valve with Quick Connect

Will I be able to hook my high pressure grill up to the low pressure quick connect on the AS?
tallen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2013 22' FB Sport
Seal Rock , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen5 View Post
So... if I buy these 2 items:
Camco 57282 10' Propane Quick-Connect Hose
Camco 57274 RV Control Valve with Quick Connect

Will I be able to hook my high pressure grill up to the low pressure quick connect on the AS?
You should! The AS gas system is low pressure and has a front quick connect down below the front tanks. The new gas regulator is for low pressure and has a on/off adjustable volume valve to control the flow of gas to the BBQ grill burner. It works great for my cheap Walmart clone of a webber grill.
ODSCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
Thanks for this post, which easily answered my same question. Ordered the parts off Amazon, and hope to test them out soon.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Do I need to remove the regulator from the Weber?
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
Ideally, you'd replace the Weber's regulator with a simple valve, so that you can adjust the flame as well as shut off the flow of propane without having to pop the quick disconnect.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
Yes. The Weber regulator works for the 1lb pressure canisters. You have to remove the Weber regulator by unscrewing it, then replace with the Camco valve. From the pix on Amazon, the Camco valve just screws onto the Weber, and has a quick disconnect hookup for the camco hose. I'll confirm tomorrow when mine arrives.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Me View Post
Yes. The Weber regulator works for the 1lb pressure canisters. You have to remove the Weber regulator by unscrewing it, then replace with the Camco valve. From the pix on Amazon, the Camco valve just screws onto the Weber, and has a quick disconnect hookup for the camco hose. I'll confirm tomorrow when mine arrives.

Great. If you could post a couple of pictures that would be great. I want to do the same to my weber.

My only concern is that the weber valve is awesome - infinite adjustment to very low levels.

What is the model number on the new valve.

Thanks,

WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
Old 01-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Quote:
I ordered the 2 pieces suggested and the valve does not fit where the Weber regulator was. I have the Weber Q 120.
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
Well, I had the same result. The problem is the Weber regulator has a brass fitting that fits into the BBQ burner tube. This clips into the burner tube, and is held in with a clip.

The Camco regulator also has a brass fitting but it is threaded and the wrong size . I unscrewed the Weber fitting to reuse it. The thread sizes are different from the Camco, and you need a female to female coupler but with separate thread sizes on each end. Nothing Home Depot carried, so going to check out a gas or propane store that sells fittings.

If this doesn't work, going to eye a BBQ that is made for low pressure gas LP hookups. Hope to find a solution for the Weber as it grills great and the size use right. Other option would be to get the Weber adaptor hose and run off a small 5gallon LP tank, but the goal is to have fewer tanks, not more.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2019 23' International
La Habra , California
I have baby weber grill and I removed the regulator and installed a flaired adapter I bought at true value hardware store hooked directly to hose that came with our trailer. Works great and no need for additional tanks
Old 01-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #19
https://airstreamorama.com

2013 27' FB International
Palm Springs , California
Quote:
Well, I had the same result. The problem is the Weber regulator has a brass fitting that fits into the BBQ burner tube. This clips into the burner tube, and is held in with a clip.

The Camco regulator also has a brass fitting but it is threaded and the wrong size . I unscrewed the Weber fitting to reuse it. The thread sizes are different from the Camco, and you need a female to female coupler but with separate thread sizes on each end. Nothing Home Depot carried, so going to check out a gas or propane store that sells fittings.

If this doesn't work, going to eye a BBQ that is made for low pressure gas LP hookups. Hope to find a solution for the Weber as it grills great and the size use right. Other option would be to get the Weber adaptor hose and run off a small 5gallon LP tank, but the goal is to have fewer tanks, not more.

Did you have any luck finding a fitting that works? Having the same issue here...
Ljsydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:34 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
We plan on just continuing to use our Weber, as it has served us well. I would be hard pressed to find a better portable grill.

We use a 6' hose to directly connect to one of our propane tanks. I simply connect the hose, threading it up from the bottom. This is what I have done for years.

Since we bought the Classic, I thought there would be an easy solution with the disconnect, but it doesn't look like it.

On a side note - is anybody really happy with a grill they have bought that works with the quick disconnect?

Thanks,

WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17