Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2021, 03:03 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2000 30' Excella
GTA , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinca View Post
Not sure what I'm overthinking: I just want a reliable way to tell how many gallons of propane I have left in a tank.

I know where to purchase propane and the procedure for filling the tank and I can also tell how many gallons the operator is putting in. However, that doesn't tell me how many total gallons are in the tank since I don't know the starting amount for certain. More importantly, it also doesn't tell me how many gallons are left in the tank at any given time. Unfortunately, the hot water trick doesn't work very well except under limited temperature conditions. I do appreciate your reply, though: thanks.
Gallons left in the tank is a temperature pressure issue. As we only us the vapour off the top of the liquid it is hard to say when you have a gallon of LP left it might be empty at night in the fall
Or still going in the sun in the summer
#4286 Stella the 2000 30ft Excella/Classic - Tow Vehicle - 2020 GMC Denali 1500 Duramax 3.0l Diesel, ProPride3 WDH.
previous tow vehicles 2012 Mercedes Benz GL350d - CanAmRv.ca hitch Reinforcement, 2005 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4L
Ultraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:02 PM   #62
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
I know you only put that tank inside your truck as a reference point and not for transportation. At an expansion rate around 270 to 1, and all tanks have a relief valve, that makes a big bomb. I know we all transport those tanks in the bed of our trucks and tied in an upright position to prevent valve damage or becoming a missile…… there is no such thing as an empty gun or empty propane tank once it has been filled.

Let’s all take the time to be safe ! And enjoy camping.
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote