Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
The Woodlands , Texas
Propane tank bracket / holder

I'm prepping the "Glamshell" for our next road trip & fixing a couple of issues left behind from the original owner who jack-knifed the trailer backing in and mangled the tank holder/storage assembly.

I've managed to reshape the aluminum shroud & rock guard reasonably well. However, I cannot bend the storage tray at all. This would be the tray with the threaded stem that the tanks rest on that is bolted to the A frame.

Is this a fairly standard part, or something that's been customized by AS? I've seen these listed at some of of the local RV dealers in white & wondering if I can use one of these and paint it. Or do I just need to order one from AS?

Thanks
Hansom-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansom-Man View Post
I'm
Is this a fairly standard part, or something that's been customized by AS? I've seen these listed at some of of the local RV dealers in white & wondering if I can use one of these and paint it. Or do I just need to order one from AS?

Thanks
You cannot order parts from the factory, except through a dealer.

That is a franchise agreement Airstream has had with it's dealers for over a half a century.

You can however, order some small things from the Airstream store, who cannot sell the basic repair parts.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
The Woodlands , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
You cannot order parts from the factory, except through a dealer.

That is a franchise agreement Airstream has had with it's dealers for over a half a century.

You can however, order some small things from the Airstream store, who cannot sell the basic repair parts.

Andy
OK is this something I should order from an AS dealer or purchase an off the shelf / SOB and paint it?

Not trying to be a smartalec or anything, I just want to get it done while I've got everything apart.

Cheers
Hansom-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Not sure exactly what the newer tank holder looks like but if it looks like the one all the SOB's use , might as well use it. It'll do the same thing.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
OK is this something I should order from an AS dealer or purchase an off the shelf / SOB and paint it?

Not trying to be a smartalec or anything, I just want to get it done while I've got everything apart.

Cheers
Hi, I just did a quick search for RV propane brackets and got a site called Tweetys; They show a propane bracket just like the one on my Safari. Generic item, not Airstream specific.

I just found this one on E-bay.
Attached Images

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:

Cheers
Get it locally, if you can.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote