Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2020, 02:20 PM   #1

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Bellevue , Washington
Propane detector

Hi Streamers,
I have a 2018. 27 ft FB Flying Cloud. The propane detector is chirping and flashing yellow. I can’t get service for another month. Is there a way to stop the chirping? It’s driving us crazy. I don’t see a fuse specifically labeled for the propane detector. Thanks for your help.
Mike
Mike Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
Mine was doing the same thing only intermittently. I removed it and there was an inline glass fuse behind the LP detector. I removed the fuse until I got a replacement.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Depending on the brand, that can indicate low voltage or that the detector needs to be replaced. Voltage can be checked with a voltmeter and replacements are easily found online.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
You can disconnect the fuse as per Tater or the batteries at the posts. The challenge of removing a fuse is to remember to reinstall it later before using the trailer.

Or try putting a charge on the batteries. It could be chirping because the batteries are low.

The detectors are supposed to last about 7 years but if the power is low, it might be a warning to do something.

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:01 AM   #5

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Bellevue , Washington
Propane detector update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lip View Post
Hi Streamers,
I have a 2018. 27 ft FB Flying Cloud. The propane detector is chirping and flashing yellow. I can’t get service for another month. Is there a way to stop the chirping? It’s driving us crazy. I don’t see a fuse specifically labeled for the propane detector. Thanks for your help.
Mike
Thanks to all who responded to my pleas for help today. I had enough charge in the batteries from my solar panels. I could not find the glass fuse, so others had advisedEd me to clip the wires to stop the chirping . After the “surgery” it did indeed stop. I will find a replacement down the road. Thanks again for your adivice.🙏
Mike Lip is offline   Reply With Quote