Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Hudson , Ohio
Problem filling fresh water tank

I have a 1989 29' excella. When filling the fresh water tank an area below the kitchen sink gets soaked. I think there may be a crack in the fill hose that I can't see or the hose isn't firmly attached to the water tank. It's very cramped down there and I can't see much. Any thoughts on how to access that area? Does it have to be reached from the outside somehow?
Pat G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #2
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
We have a '92, 29' Classic/Excella with street-side kitchen, center bath, rear twin beds. I've not needed to access the fill hose, and our layout may be different than yours. On our trailer I think I could gain access by removing all the drawers, removing the slide-out pantry drawer, or perhaps removing the bottom of the closet. It's definitely tight space.

If you can see (or feel) the end of the hose where it attaches to the tank maybe you can watch (or feel) as somebody else fills from the outside and find the leak.

We had a similar problem on our 1998 B190 Airstream van and we just started removing drawers and panels and such until we were able to access the hose to remove and replace it.

Good luck.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote