Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2002, 11:34 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
OPD valve w/sight gauges

I had my LP bottles filled a few weeks ago and the dealer can install and certify by bottles with the new OPD valves but they dont have the sight gauges as mine have now so I elected to just refill them until I can get them with sight gauges, are new valves with a sight gauge available anywhere?

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 07:21 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Excella
Brighton , Michigan
I had trouble finding the correct OPD valves for my tank also. If you look at the handle on the top of the tank there are several items stamped into the surface, including the tank manufacture. Contact the manufacture for the correct valve for your tanks.

I do have a copy of the April RV Buisness which lists many of the suppliers and will look up the manufacture for you or you can contact Airstream Tech Service hot line for help.

The Tech hot line number is 1-877-595-6505. This is a voice mail system and they will call you back with in 24 hours. Leave the following information when calling
1. your name
2. daytime phone number
3. trailer or motor home
4. model year
5. last 6 digits of your serial number
6. detailed description of the problem

They have helped me on several ocasions including where to get my OPD valves. The local LPG supplier had no idea but was able to order them once I got the information.
apple 1 is offline   Reply With Quote