Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
https://airstreamorama.com

2013 27' FB International
Palm Springs , California
No Power to Propane Detector

Hello,

I have a 2013 International Signature 27FB.

A couple weeks ago my propane gas detector began chirping and displayed a yellow warning light. It had reached it's end of life after seven years of active use. I muted the chirping by depressing the reset button but it only worked for twelve hours and then started chirping again so I cut the wires as I had to send for a new detector and it wouldn't arrive for a couple of weeks.

I installed the new detector but the unit didn't get any power. I removed it and tested the old unit again and nothing. I'm assuming that I'm not getting any power in the wiring to the unit any longer.

I looked up some threads about this situation and found that there's a chance that there is an inline fuse that may have blown however I don't know where to look for it in my year and model.

Before I go nuts looking for it, does anyone out there know where it's located? I'm not a very technical person when it comes to this stuff so photos and a detailed description on where to find it would be great if you have them.

Or, if you have any other ideas of what could be causing the problem, please let me know.

Thank you in advance! John
Ljsydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
There is usually a 1amp fuse connected to the buss bar. On my 30rb there are a bunch of wires and a bus bar right inside the front wall under the bench.
Labeda14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:46 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
I had the same thing after I changed out my old propane detector. Check in the area of where your 12 volt panel is. In my '05 30' Classic it's under the front sofa where the main 12 volt power disconnect is. I had a hell of a time finding mine. It was a random wire with an inline fuse that I found after rooting around in the wires. It's a very stupid set up. I now have a few extra 1 amp automotive fuses in my spares supply.