Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
MTI Industires CO/LP detector Model 35-741

I need some advice.....during the past two years, I've had to replace the MTI Industries CO/LP detector (Model 35-741) twice......both times, according to the owner's manual, the alternating red/green flashing light and audible chirp, indicates a malfunction.
I have a line voltage of 12.4 volts DC at the connection to the detector, my batteries are new. The refrig is operating on AC, and no LP appliances are on.

When the first one died, it had only been in service for about 6 months, I made the mistake of buying another one ($125.00). Now the second one is doing the same thing (malfunction indication) after less than 6 months. These things are supposed to have a 1 year warranty, but it seems like MTI doesn't want to honor that warrenty.

We are getting ready to leave on a 3 week trip tomorrow. I'm going to disconnect the damn thing so we don't have to hear this incessant chirp.

Have any of you had this problem, or can you recommend an alarm that is more reliable?

As usual thanks for the help...

Larry

I
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote